It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: give us our drone back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here is another theory, obama makes a stupid statement to put focus on the drone, which distracts from this: www.infowars.com...

Iran closing strait of hormuz.
edit on 12-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
WW3 begins because that "virus" that infected the drone fleet came from Israel. Israel hacks a drone, and lands it in Iran. Now the US will be more supportive of a Israeli strike on key Iranian nuclear facilities...as long as they destroy our captured drone as well.

Wow, I can see the puppet strings. Can anyone else? Please say yes.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Do you know the true definition of Terrorism? Obviously you don't, its a tactic used to instill fear. So think about it, isn't that something the U.S. Government does with media propaganda? Instilling fear, so that the people believe that we are under a serious threat, but in actuality its just the Governments implanted idea for the masses...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How can they give it back if it is according to current ats members:

Fake mockup
Fake photograph
Crashed predator drone that they glued back
Delivered to them to gather data

It's fake guys... Rolls eyes

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Trust me there are plenty more dis-info threads on the way...This won't be the last...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I would really like to know how a drome with multiple backup programs can land (doesnt look like it crashed to me) and not be destroyed by its onboard self destruct systems.
This plane flies like a radio controlled plane on steroids. It has multiple frequencies for the control functions that are encripted with a pass code to allow comands to reach the computer. If any frequency is jammed it will find another frequency that is in the clear. If there is no input from the "pilot" the drone will go into auto pilot mode and return to its base using a GPS system to get home. If there is a mechanical failure the drone would crash like any other plane and be destroyed. If the drone is taken over by someone that has hacked the control system a self destruct failsafe will destroy the plane.
Who gave our drone to the Iranians????? There is no way it could have landed intact without someone giving information on how to hack its systems

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I agree- bomb them, then bomb the USA and Israel.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rlrsar

Given? That's a very real possibility, but I've heard another one. Under this second, unconfirmed, theory, all of the sensitive components had something like magnesium flares that would burn through the sensitive equipment and out through the bottom of the drone. It was pointed out that the bottom of the drone has not been shown.

I don't know if I believe it, but it is another theory.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Once again, I'd like to reference Greenwald's article in Salon, as applies to our good friend StarPeace:

The U.S. has long had Iran virtually encircled as a result of the American occupation of Afghanistan on Iran’s Eastern border, its invasion of Iraq on its Western border, its NATO ally Turkey hovering on Iran’s Northwestern border, some degree of military relationship with Turkmenistan on Iran’s Northeastern border, and multiple U.S. client states sitting right across the Persian Gulf (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Bahrain, where the massive U.S. Fifth Fleet is stationed). Additionally, some combination of the U.S. and Israel has bombarded Iran with multiple acts of war over the last year, including explosions on Iranian soil, the murder of numerous Iranian nuclear scientists (in which even one of their wives was shot), and sophisticated cyberattacks. Meanwhile, top American political officials from both parties are actively demanding that an Iranian revolutionary cult be removed from the list of Terrorist organizations (just coincidentally, they’re all on the cult’s payroll). In the past decade, the U.S. and/or Israel have invaded, air attacked, and/or occupied Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip (to say nothing of the creation of a worldwide torture regime, a system of “black site” prisons around the world to which people were disappeared, and a due-process-free detention camp in the middle of the Caribbean Ocean where many people remain encaged for almost a full decade without charges). During this same time period, Iran has not invaded, occupied or air attacked anyone. Iran, to be sure, is domestically oppressive, but no more so — and in many cases less — than the multiple regimes funded, armed and otherwise propped up by the U.S. during this period. Those are all just facts.

But — despite all of these facts — all Serious people in the U.S. know that Iran is the Aggressor, the Modern Nazis, a True Menace, while the U.S. and Israel are its innocent peace-loving victims...

...But none of that should be at all surprising or confusing, given that 66 years ago, George Orwell — in his 1945 Notes on Nationalism — explained exactly the warped form of thinking that creates this mindset:

"All nationalists have the power of not seeing resemblances between similar sets of facts. A British Tory will defend self-determination in Europe and oppose it in India with no feeling of inconsistency. Actions are held to be good or bad, not on their own merits, but according to who does them, and there is almost no kind of outrage — torture, the use of hostages, forced labour, mass deportations, imprisonment without trial, forgery, assassination, the bombing of civilians — which does not change its moral colour when it is committed by ‘our’ side. . . . The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."

I’ve cited that passage before, but it really does explain so very much (and that form of thinking extends beyond nationalism to all tribal loyalties). It’s how a country that has repeatedly invaded, occupied, bombed, and killed civilians in numerous other nations over the last decade can look at a country that has done little or none of that (but has been practically surrounded by all that aggression) and be convinced: they are the Evil aggressors and must be stopped at all costs.

Crikey, people.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
any one good with video editing can we get a video of obama super imposed over mel gibsons face from ransom screaming "give me back my drone!" might be meme worthy....from how these things usualy go regardless of who lost what it rarely gets "returned" allthough we have bombed a few places to try to get rid of our high tech stuff before so ya never know>

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
What in the world kind of answer did he expect?? Of course, Iran has said no. By asking for it, he provides extra publicity for the issue, making it appear to the world it was very important. It may be very important, but please, be quiet about it, conduct a damage assessment, and try a new approach. Did he really think they'd give it back?

Something smells very fishy about this situation.

Not only is the captured drone itself a cause for alarm, but why is the US Government talking about it so openly?

We are talking about one of the most classified pieces of equipment in our military, where very few pictures have ever been seen of the thing.

And now, we are talking about it like a hit and run incident.

Why so much coverage?

If the Military were interested all these years in keeping the drone a heavily guarded secret, why now are they talking about it as if it were common knowledge?

Something just doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I can too. It's all so clear to me.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They need to start making these drones with a remote self destruct feature, then they would think twice about messing with our drones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join