It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoner Machine Guns His Captors & Cameraman With Weapon from Corpse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
reply to post by The GUT

Agreed. The man was scared, and probably thought, rightly so, he was dead anyway. So yes, it was justified. Anyone who would say they wouldn't have done the same under those circumstances, I'd have a hard time believing them.

Just reverse the rolls everyone is playing. Also shame on the captors for letting themselves be a victim of their own stupidity.

Yeah, he probably knew he had some torture coming after clean-up duties at least. Go figure.

I noticed he appeared to buy a little time acting like he was shaking mud off his hand while actually checking the safety and probably clip engagement. He was already considering it when he tossed up the first gun I bet.

Looks like the troops caught on pretty quick though.
edit on 12-12-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the thread title I knew you were on liveleak lol. I guess the footage is from the 90's, the man was there to retrieve the bodies of his dead relatives and was supposed to be trusted, it's quite obvious they weren't expecting him to shoot at them although I have no idea why they were even letting him touch the guns.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What bothered me were the people laughing. Were they getting enjoyment out of making this guy move the dead bodies of his friends? I am a very peaceful guy, but in that situation, if I found a loaded machine gun, I very well might start shooting at my captors as well.

Clearly they did not think this one through to well, considering there were weapons down there... They had to have realized that there was a good chance that one was still loaded?!?

Hey, I bet he figured, what does he have to lose? He probably figured he was going to end up like his friends anyway... it was worth a shot.
edit on 12-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
graphic? worth a thread? ...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

People are discussing it quite a bit, so yeah, I think it is worth a thread. No one is forcing you to post though, if you don't want.

So, do you have anything about the topic of this thread that you would like to contribute? I would honestly love to hear it, if so.

edit on 12-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Kuwaiti prisoner Awdh Al-Shimri caught by Iraqi and US soldiers is made to clean out his dead comrades' corpses when he finds a machine gun. He promptly uses it on his captors crippling or killing the cameraman. Voices are heard talking in Iraqi Arabic and US English.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
graphic? worth a thread? ...

nobody is forcing you to post or read the thread mate.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by clowdstalker

The US is a signature of the Geneva Convention, however does not abide by it in some cases, as evidenced by child rapes and other torture methods

there is absolutely nothing in the Geneva convention that you can not use your enemy to cleanup there own people on a battle field.

If you think there is quote the part of the convention.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

The US is a signature of the Geneva Convention, however does not abide by it in some cases, as evidenced by child rapes and other torture methods

there is absolutely nothing in the Geneva convention that you can not use your enemy to cleanup there own people on a battle field.

If you think there is quote the part of the convention.

This is wrong on so many fronts

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

Was this guy treated humanly?

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons: (a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; (b) Taking of hostages; (c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

Notice A and C?
I'll leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You don't really get to see the guy shoot. He steps out of frame and then the sh*t hits the fan. My guess is that if this is real, he may have killed or winged a couple and then swallowed a few kilograms of lead himself.

IRM

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

i saw worse - and the story isn't unusual...i have seen a vid where this kind of incident happend during a beheading procedure... this thread is kinda hollywood style - dramatic images....anyway - my point is that there are a lot of storys that should be discussed and pop-up on the front-page and not such a cruel one without any information value

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You can almost hear this current empire crumbling and falling can't you?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
All is fair in love and war.

Is that what people say when they murder people?

I know I sure don't believe in that.

It's not fair to bomb other people's homes to rubble and kill their families, and it's not fair to shoot people in the back in revenge. None of it is 'fair' in my estimate. It's all cheap shots.

"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu

It's also not fair to have to fear riding public transportation while worrying about a suicide bomber.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arekoteya

Ya I laughed pretty hard at this one.Kinda makes you wonder there not on drugs

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join