It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoner Machine Guns His Captors & Cameraman With Weapon from Corpse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
for the mods.

didn´t exactly where to put this so...

Hi ATS.

some of you who´ve seen my threads now that i regularly check out liveleak.

came across this vid today and this is worth some discussion in my opinion.

uwaiti prisoner Awdh Al-Shimri caught by Iraqi and US soldiers is made to clean out his dead comrades' corpses when he finds a machine gun. He promptly uses it on his captors crippling or killing the cameraman. Voices are heard talking in Iraqi Arabic and US English.

GRAPHIC FOOTAGE

i don´t even know where to start:
1. what makes human beings do this to one another?
2. how sickening it is to have to clean up your buddies?
3. does anybody blame the prisoner for what he did?
and i'm sure there are a lot more..

serious thoughts going through my head...
can't even word them right.

i'd like to hear some opinions, thanks

edit on 12-12-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That is REALLY graphic. However, to hear soldiers in the background laughing while I was made to do this at gunpoint? You bet he was justified.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
man, what a bunch of idiots.
it's all fun and games till ya' get shot.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Facepalm.

We say in D&D.
Stupidity leads to character creation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
rofl that video brought a nice smirk to my face when he started unloading on them...
is that wrong?
edit on 12-12-2011 by Arekoteya because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Any person subjected to this type of horror and debasement would do the same...I know I would.

He just carried out his own form of trial, verdict and punishment.

S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
All is fair in love and war.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arekoteya
rofl that video brought a nice smirk to my face when he started unloading on them...
is that wrong?

Cant be that wrong, i smirked too. . either that or we're both weird . .i'll except either

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Agreed. The man was scared, and probably thought, rightly so, he was dead anyway. So yes, it was justified. Anyone who would say they wouldn't have done the same under those circumstances, I'd have a hard time believing them.

Just reverse the rolls everyone is playing. Also shame on the captors for letting themselves be a victim of their own stupidity.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What is going on in Kuwait ?

Or if it isn't in Kuwait, why are Kuwaitis in Iraq currently?
And why is there a mass grave of them?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If you listen closely it appears that the cameraman plus maybe one other was hurt. And of course the prisoner was then pumped full of 50 rounds or so as a result. You can hear the commanding officer yelling "Cease Fire G*D*".

That means he died just to maim or kill one or two people.

This war isn't helping anyone, it's just filling up the mass graves.

Stop wanting vengeance on your fellow man, if we cannot let it go we will all be in those graves sooner or later.

I don't see a single good thing about this, for anyone of any side.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
All is fair in love and war.

Is that what people say when they murder people?

I know I sure don't believe in that.

It's not fair to bomb other people's homes to rubble and kill their families, and it's not fair to shoot people in the back in revenge. None of it is 'fair' in my estimate. It's all cheap shots.

"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

exactly right!

i heard a famous man once say:
an eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This whole situation has me really disturbed ...are things so out of control over there that our solders are going to this level in their treatment of POW's? This was so unbelievably inhumane. I am more shocked at the punishment of this man than his retaliation against his captors. If they didn't clear the ditch of munitions and weaponry then what did they expect would happen? Where were the commanding officers? Where are the rules of engagement?

I swear every time i see battlefield footage from this war it is so remarkably different than what the MSM shows that it makes me really wonder about the things going on that never make it stateside.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If you listen closely it appears that the cameraman plus maybe one other was hurt. And of course the prisoner was then pumped full of 50 rounds or so as a result. You can hear the commanding officer yelling "Cease Fire G*D*".

That means he died just to maim or kill one or two people.

This war isn't helping anyone, it's just filling up the mass graves.

Stop wanting vengeance on your fellow man, if we cannot let it go we will all be in those graves sooner or later.

I don't see a single good thing about this, for anyone of any side.
According to a poster on Liveleak

Ok here's what happened.. I remember this happened in 2008 I was in my last month of deployment.. I was about 10 Miles SW of Camp Leather Neck which is a Marine (Emp) We hear about this, It was an ambush about 10 Insurgents were waiting in that ditch for the convoy to pass, But an informant had seen them covering up with bushes... so a Platoon of american soldiers from the 1/160th Inf.. Hooah.. ambushed them along with some Iraqi MP's The "camera man" was actually grazed not killed.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When my grandfather's unit was rolling through Germany they came upon a concentration camp. The conditions were terrible beyond description and the corpses were stacked like cord-wood.

The German POWs were forced to move the dead into the mass graves. As bodies were lifted from the ground, arms and legs fell off causing the Nazis to wretch and searing those images into the brains of all involved.

The losers get the clean up detail...I imagine it's always been the case? That the weapons and ammo weren't policed up is evidence of the sloppiness that passes for professional in that region.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arekoteya
is that wrong?

No it was definitely pretty funny - and worthy of a Darwin Award

You don't give a guy who wants to kill you access to a machine gun

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

The US is a signature of the Geneva Convention, however does not abide by it in some cases, as evidenced by child rapes and other torture methods

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It was my way of saying that the cruelty that humans visit on one another fails to surpise me .

That is all.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Justified. Most would also.
Fight or flight.
Live or die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join