It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the definition of a UFO? Seriously-Thinking Caps required

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
which is interesting since it's exactly what earth-grazers can do.

This is from the FBI report:

"On 14, August (1946) at 10 a.m. [a Swedish Air Force pilot]... was flying at 650 feet [200 m.] over central Sweden when he saw a dark, cigar-shaped object about 50 feet [15 m.] above and approximately 6,500 feet [2 km.] away from him travelling at an estimated 400 mph [650 km./hr.]. The missile had no visible wings, rudder or other projecting part; and there was no indication of any fuel exhaust (flame or light), as had been reported in the majority of other sightings.

"The missile was maintaining a constant altitude over the ground and, consequently, was following the large features of the terrain. This statement casts doubt on the reliability of the entire report because a missile, without wings, is unable to maintain a constant altitude over hilly terrain."

That should be clearer than my earlier brief mention of it. The pilot got the impression it was adjusting its altitude according to the terrain, not the MO of an Earth-grazing meteor.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Thanks for the clarification. That is interesting, but it's still not outside the realms of possibility that the pilots eyes were playing tricks on him. It's well known that lone lights in the sky can appear to waver, which might give the impression of following the terrain.

That is why it is very difficult to give credence to the testimony of "even" a pilot under such circumstances. All of our brains work in a very similar way when processing visual signals from our eyes - a way that makes all of us extremely likely to make serious errors when we encounter certain situations.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
So if i were to sail out to sea in hunt of "life" using a plastic container the size of a bathtub... i would scoop up a tub of water. Examine it once, assume there is no life in any of the Earth's oceans, rivers, seas or ponds... and simply forget about the whole ordeal and that life cannot exist in the sea.

If you took a bathtub size sample of any seawater on earth it would be teeming with life.

Well, maybe with a microscope. I should have mentioned that

I meant to say just by looking at the water with the naked eye.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join