It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious Yucca Airstrip KUCC?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Reccently in the news we have been hearing about this strange airstrip called the Yucca Lake Airstrip.
To be honest, I had never stumbed into this before and it DOES NOT even show up on popular Airport or FAA databases.

www.flightglobal.com...
news.discovery.com...

I know theres even a longer runway in the dry lake bed just like we see in the White Sands Missile Base and Groom Lake. Just zoom in closer in Google Earth.

What are your thoughts about this mysterious base?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would like a program that detects where Google Earth has placed fake terrain. Then I would know where these facilities are. If they want it kept a secret, then you will never see it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Im beginning to think GE has fake coordinates that can mask were these locations are in the real world.
But who knows.

And they say that the RQ-170 was even tested there. Give me a break. The narrow runway there is not even long enough for these drones. The drones need a much longer runway than the one you see there.
edit on 12-12Dec-112011 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Shocking! Another secret airstrip we will never know about or get info on. This is starting to get ridiculous. Things keep coming up and we never get the info. These days are getting weirder and weirder. Not because of this airstrip, but think about all the information out there that we should be informed about. Instead we will go our whole lives without knowing.

Tired of being lied to, munipulated and laughed upon. We run this country not these sleezeballs with there silver spoons and pinky rings.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
^ I think you are being sarcastic...maybe?

I don't think there is any reason why we should know about certain stuff like this. I mean it is a secret after all, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

I've been checking it out on Google Earth. lots of wierd stuff at that place.

Latitude: 36°56'5.45"N
Longitude: 116° 1'10.11"W

Latitude: 37° 0'34.56"N
Longitude: 116° 1'2.54"W

Latitude: 37° 5'49.45"
Longitude: 116° 5'28.03"W

Latitude: 37° 1'18.29"N
Longitude: 116° 6'5.88"W

Only to show a few. The 3rd one I find especialy intreging. It has a pyramis, an underground facility...very wierd.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So how come the ICAO code KUCC is not showing up for most flight tracking sites like Flightaware or AirNav?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I like how weve lost control of our military. They just do things like that, also, having a remote base like that for drones on US soil is pretty fishy if you ask me. Not often we hear about drone strikes within the US, are they anticipating war>?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Good question and another one is "Are they already spying on us with these drones and we just don't know about it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The article talked about a secret base by Denver, CO. Does anyone have these coordinates?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lots of good questions here. First of all, let me state I'm going to use the term Nevada Test Site (NTS), even though the facility has been renamed a few times. I think it is currently called NNSS or N2S2. This crap pisses me off, but I don't get a vote in this renaming nonsense. Rest assured every renaming costs at least six figures due to scrapping letterhead, etc.

The NTS asked to be made "private" a few years ago, so you can't search for flights to the NTS. The KDRA (Desert Rock Airstrip) weather can still be reached online since I assume pilots need the information, plus the radiosondes are launched from KDRA, so I guess they have to tag the weather information to somebody.

I have the old FLIP data (aviation information used by the DoD) for the NTS archived here:
www.lazygranch.com...
The claim is this data was removed from public access due to copyright issues. I believe that claim as much as I believe email offers from Nigeria (no offense intended for Nigerians reading this post).

Even when the NTS airstrips were not removed from the internet, you would only see flights to the airstrip if they file Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). Note that you can file IFR to Beatty, then change to Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and complete the trip to the NTS airstrips. To the best of my knowledge, the only flights that were logged via the internet to the NTS went to KDRA.

The old Yucca airstrip was used during bomb tests.The logistics regarding setting off a nuke are not trivial, so they need air access. Base Camp was originally built for Project Faultless staging. Presently the dry lake bed is used for "Spill Test Facility." I don't know if these tests require flights or not.

This is a good thread to review the Flight Global "discovery." I was tempted to dis' them for not crediting internet forums such as ATS that did all their research when I added their blog to one of my thread. Anyway, this new airstrip has been known since 2007, four years prior to Flight Global's "discovery.". It just showed up on google earth one day. I spent some time searching the internet for contracts regarding it's construction, and environmental reports. Nothing showed up. I phoned the public information office for the NTS. It was an entertaining exchange because they claim that they can't see Google Earth from their network due to a firewall, so that gave them plausible deniability. I saved the google earth image, uploaded it, called back and declared I had a link. Ah, that link was blocked too. Basically they were informed to say nothing and give anyone that investigates the runaround. I called the Nevada environmental clearing house. Nothing either.

Now eventually a document showed up on the internet about the facility. It is in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I will have to find my archived document since it seems to have been removed from the link in the post. My recollection was the Desert Research Institute was the contact for environmental concerns, and they rubber stamped the project. There was no public input requested .This is identical to how the damn Tikaboo spy camera got approved. Yes, I smell a conspiracy.

Regarding Flight Global's discovery of the Beech and PC-12 at the facility, you can read about it first right here:

I photographed a corner of the facility and posted it here:

Also of interest would be this thread:

The navigation database used in flight computers calls this new runway Wichman with designation NVH1. This is not known for certain, but you can see it does have the 1 and 19 runway designations.
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

The LA TImes has a thing for drones and government surveillance. They complained more about the Lancaster "surveillance" plane than the local press. Anyway, here is a link to a LA TImes article on using drones to spy on civilians.
articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I found one of the AOF documents:
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Seems they are flying Predators for civilian surveillance out of Gray Butte in the Mojave.
presentations.rmtech.org...
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think there was a miscommunication error regarding my thread here.
I was more concerned about the new runway with ICAO code NVH1 with runways 1-19 and shows a picture of a UAV parked there along with a few clam shaped hangars.

Now, I was wondering if this ICAO code now shows up in the Honeywell databases because I indeed want to upload this airstrip to my handheld GPS.

I was wrong. It is NOT ICAO KUCC, but ICAO NVH11.

Just wish I can re-edit the Subject line too....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe the airport is hiding the entrance to a much larger underground facility that is used for working on top secret projects.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

I'm not sure NVH1 is a real FAA designation. The designation could be informal.

I suspect the FAA didn't approve the name HOMEY for Groom Lake. (Home Plate is a nickname for Groom Lake. You hear it on the scanner once in a while.)

Calling it the Yucca airstrip is fine.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by gariac

Seems they are flying Predators for civilian surveillance out of Gray Butte in the Mojave.
presentations.rmtech.org...
www.lazygranch.com...

I actually fear for our future when I see some of the things people say.

General Atomics makes the Predator there. They also test at El Mirage. Both are near Edwards, where they test aircraft? They keep the Predators off separately, so they don't interfere with normal air operations at the main base. Civilian surveillance? What are you talking about? They build the craft there and test fly them there. They also do that at Yucca, so it doesn't interfere with the regular air ops at the larger bases. The media must be having a slow period, because they always drag this stuff out when they are. Yucca has been on charts for quite a while. Go look for yourself... You'll see it marked right on there. Not exactly the world's biggest secret. You can't even fly a UAV outside a restricted area into normal civilian airspace, without going through all sorts of bureaucracy with the FAA first. The whole flight has to be planed and submitted weeks ahead of time.

Relax people... Stop the paranoia.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dpd11

EDW and the GA facilities are related only on a very cursory level. The only GA gear at EDW is Ikhana (sp).

To my knowledge, no Predator assembly is done at Gray Butte or El Mirage, other than uncrating the UAS and putting on the wings. If you hang out around the facilities, you can see them arrive on a flatbed. El Mirage flies the Army version of the Predator. Gray Butte flies the other models, and is used by the USAF and OGA.

You can deny civilian use of drones all you want, but the thread has news releases from legitimate sources.

Regarding surveillance, Lancaster Ca has approved daily surveillance per this wired article.
m.wired.com...:+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stori es+2))

That URL looks a bit funky. Just google "Law Enforcement Aerial Platform System" or "LEAPS".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by dpd11

EDW and the GA facilities are related only on a very cursory level. The only GA gear at EDW is Ikhana (sp).

To my knowledge, no Predator assembly is done at Gray Butte or El Mirage, other than uncrating the UAS and putting on the wings

That's assembly, right? And they do a lot more than that. They test the ships in the four corners work area, and work the same range under the control of ED, inside R2515. How is this connected with surveillance on civilians? It has nothing to do with that.

How does the Sheriff's department buying a plane with a camera have anything to do with Predators? They already have a whole fleet of helicopters with FLIR and video capture. What's the difference? The fact that the article calls it a "spy plane"? Are you breaking the law on a regular basis? If not, then what's the problem?

Please... Stop trying to twist the hard work of good people trying to do important things for our country, into some kind of evil activity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join