It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Military Practicing Straits Of Hormuz Closure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Can you provide a link to this prompt reroute? First I have heard of it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Can you provide a link to this prompt reroute? First I have heard of it.

Sure...here you go.

TransCanada calls White House's bluff

U.S. government caught flat-footed by offer rerouting Keystone pipeline

....By agreeing to reroute the pipeline within days of the White House announcing it was going to defer a final decision by 15 months, TransCanada called U.S. President Barack Obama's bluff, not to mention that of environmentalists who are opposing the project...

...saying it would change the pipeline routing to avoid the Ogallala aquifer...

...The response from the State Department, predictably, has been that it won't expedite the review....

www.montrealgazette.com...

There you have it. No pipeline...no jobs...continued dependence on oil from hostile nations...no problem.

The GOP is introducing a bill (adding on to another one actually) that would allow the project to go forward, on the new route - and to create 22,000 jobs in the process.

Obama's response? He will veto the bill if it gets to him.

...It gets the pipeline going, creates the jobs, puts us on a path to energy security, but it protects the Nebraska compromise — it writes that into the law," Terry said Monday...

... This would create 22,000 jobs almost immediately, ready to go, with no money...

www.omaha.com...
edit on 13-12-2011 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The US should have gone in right when the drone went down and blown it up, end of story. Now you have Iran trying to muscle up against everyone. Listen, they KNOW if they want a war, it will be a quick one, and the US will be on top. We drop a few bombs and it is the end of the "war". Let them cut off the shipping route, it won't last but a few hours as our destroyers will rain down some nice bombs! I look forward to a swift defeat of Iran soon! I am sick of their president constantly talking out of his Ass. Obama, please, bomb them soon so we can all move on, thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY
The US should have gone in right when the drone went down and blown it up, end of story. Now you have Iran trying to muscle up against everyone. Listen, they KNOW if they want a war, it will be a quick one, and the US will be on top. We drop a few bombs and it is the end of the "war". Let them cut off the shipping route, it won't last but a few hours as our destroyers will rain down some nice bombs! I look forward to a swift defeat of Iran soon! I am sick of their president constantly talking out of his Ass. Obama, please, bomb them soon so we can all move on, thanks.

First of all, Iran has the right to shoot down any aircraft breaching its air space. The USA would have done the same.
Blowing it up on the ground would have been a further escalation, and many governments around the world would have reason to be concerned in response to that action.

Foresight is a wonderful thing, and I find it shocking that the US didn't have a method to remotely burn out that craft with an incendiary device if it ever fell into unfriendly hands.

Next up, Iran has the backing of China and Russia. You can bet that they wouldn't carry out a threat like this without the backing of their closest allies. If they do block the SOH it will be with Russian backing at the very least, and they will have access that the rest of the word is denied. This would be a strategic benefit.

The USA/NATO would then have to make the choice to risk an open conflict with Russia.

However we look at all of this, all paths seem to lead to a risk of war between Russia and the USA. What triggers it is anyone's guess at this point. But with Syria and Iran both being under threat by world powers and Russia theoretically ready to side with either, this could actually get pretty bad pretty quickly.

I still don't think there is much to suggest we'll all be at threat of imminent war any time soon, but it's becoming increasingly likely that the war drums will truly start pounding in the next six months.

And as a side note, Putin would love a distraction from home worries right now. He really needs something to secure the failing support of his people.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with what you are saying. Things are certainly looking bad in the next year. Putin is certainly in for some competition, and that from a guy who currently owns an NBA basketball team. Odd!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So when is this "exercise" going to take place? Or is this just more bluster from Iran?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I agree with what you are saying. Things are certainly looking bad in the next year. Putin is certainly in for some competition, and that from a guy who currently owns an NBA basketball team. Odd!

Not just that, he saw low support in the recent election, and that was with widespread election fraud boosting him too.
The recent protests in Russia against him have not been seen since the fall of the USSR. He has been openly booed in public appearances.

Transplant that reaction to any other country and prominent politician, and you wouldn't imagine that a man like that could even be in a prominent position for very long afterwards. If such anti sentiment were on display in the USA, the UK or anywhere in Europe, that person would not be in their position for very long. Yet somehow he has managed to cling on.

Not only is he facing political opponents at a time when his support is at an all-time low, the people are expressing their anger and frustration against his government, which is something we have never seen before.

Considering how the Russian government loves to spin things (they said Putin was booed because the audience wanted to go to the toilet!) I don't see them releasing their grip on the people any time soon, and the best way to unite a people behind a government is to create a common enemy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

'mericans, tschh

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Apparently you didn't see my sarcasm in this? Was meant as a joke my friend, I hardly doubt the US is going to be bombing Iran anytime soon, although I do feel they screwed up not blowing up that drone. They should all have a detination onboard incase of such an event!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
According to Lindsey Williams and one other, EX-Goldman Sachs analyst Charles Nenner, say that a Major War will take place next year. Lindsey say that it will take place around September or October 2012.

Lindsey also say that Iran will be provoked by the US and Israel to attack either the US or Israel. The plan is that the US dont want to fire the first shot. The US wants the Iranians to fire the first shot. So i guess we are going to see a lot of provocations from the US and from Israel in 2012.

The presidential elections are also late in 2012, and Obama is a team player with the elites. So a war with Iran will get him reelected. That is if the US can provoke Iran to attack.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And they said last year a major war would take place this year.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My prophetic insight scares me

Israel attacks Iran' ----->

Iran blocks the strait of Hormuz - as they are now practicing to do ---->

And the world blames Israel for the subsequent global collapse.

And how much flack have i taken??

The only variable is how America responds. If they support Israel, then Israel is safe. If however the EU regards Israel's attack as unwarranted and without UN approval, this might influence Americas response.

If Israel is ostracized for attacking Iran, an attack that would result in the collapse of the world economy and the suffering that would result, then Jews everywhere are in big trouble.
edit on 14-12-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Im pretty sure that Russia and China and many other countries would be pissed that 40% of the worlds oil supply just got choked off. Remember this isnt just where Iran ships oil but the other OPEC countries as well and those countries also export to China.

What would stop Iran from making a deal with China, Russia, or anyone else they see as a potential ally?
In times like this deals are made, it's not beyond the imagination to suppose that Iran would approach either/both and suggest a pact.
Would Russia or China really decline an offer like that?

Either way, I doubt this will happen at all. Iran is already in a precarious position, and unless they're sure they would have some backing by a larger nation they wouldn't go ahead with something like this. Just my opinion, but they would be stupid to make such a move without a considerable ally to back them up.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

They do have an ally, one of largest arms dealers in the world.
Men make war don't ever underestimate.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good,if Iran closes the Straits I will be a rich man my futures will be in the money.US aggression will halt and it will become isolationist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join