It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ophiuchus-

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So lots of talk went on this year about this 'new' constellation Ophiuchus.

I actually made a thread a while back called 'energy of the cosmos, at your birth' to offer people the astronomical positions of the spheres, on their birth, which would include Ophiuchus and several other signs people dont here much about...and some of those people had the sun in Ophiuchus on their birth.

Right now until about Dec. 17, the Sun is in front of the great
Ophiuchus, the healer, the snake tamer...the one that is known for being of a choice...to control the snake or to release the snake and cause chaos instead of bringing harmony.

You dont have to believe in astrology to believe that in the sky there are certain points that we may feel a connection to. The funny thing about Ophiuchus and Sagittarius is they point us to the center of our galaxy. This area inbetween Sagittarius and Ophiuchus has been called 'the gate of the gods'.

On Dec. 18 the sun will be crossing the cusp between Ophiuchus and Sagittarius and this is a great day for meditation, for you can face the sun and know you are facing the direction to the center of our galaxy. Even right now though I find a nice energy while facing the sun in the mornings and at sunset (or any time) knowing that the sun sits in Ophiuchus, the place of choice and healing in the conscious minds of man.

As you face the sun right now, know you face Ophiuchus, and know the sun is lining in with the galactic center as it does every year.

Also we have a gem in the low western sky after sunset which has not been seen for some time due to its position by the Sun...which is Venus. Cant miss her!

Happy Holidays!
LV

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This can also be of use to face past choices. Give honest thoughts and feelings about past choices...and learn from them. Throw out the regrets, and embrace the choices that bring you to now. We learn, through things we do.

I believe the universe is filled with reminders to us about what we are here to do, what our nature is, and we as beings also create things....like constellations out of stars in the sky. What is important is not so much the constellations that are connected to our own creations...as mirrors for us to use and look into...but the natural orders that lay beyond our creations, like the galactic center.

I believe we have inner compasses and aligning ourselves in a humble and conscious way to certain spheres or areas can help refresh our spirits, help us fill up on energy that we are in need of that we spend and use all throughout our days. The cosmos are a natural energy source for us to refill on something we need, in a safe way that does not involve us invoking other peoples energy for our own benefit or through other facets like drugs/food/money...and the temporary joy we think they are bringing us and filling us with their 'energy'.

This is just a good time of the year to set a new foot in new waters or become more sure footed in a path or direction you may know that its time for.

As you look into the universe and face certain directions, you use awareness and you may find that something seems to be showing awareness, back to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thank you for that. I've looked for, but can't find a good site that shows where the constellations are in the astrological signs are at any given time of the year. Do you have any good sources?

S&F.

Waiting for the sun to show her glorious self in the pacific nw requires patience

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I DO I DO!

hehe

on the heavensabove.com website...go down to Astronomy section. There is a spot for SUN> click on that and at the bottom it shows you every day what constellation the sun is in. Right now it will show Ophiuchus for the sun. At the top of that page, there is a place where you can for example type in a future date like Dec. 19....and at the bottom of that page after you update it it will show the sun in Sagittarius.

Also you can click on the moon in the astronomy section and get the same info.

And click on planet data and it will show where the spheres are on every day...but the planet data will have to be checked daily because it does not offer the option of typing in a date.

edit to add... the reason I use astronomy and not astrology is astronomy is the only way to truly find out a true position of the spheres. The site uses all possible signs that the spheres can be in, like you may find the moon in cetus, or a planet in sextans.

edit on 12-12-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

edit again for the reminder...these positions will not match astrological information.
edit on 12-12-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Right now until about Dec. 17, the Sun is in front of the great Ophiuchus, the healer, the snake tamer...the one that is known for being of a choice...to control the snake or to release the snake and cause chaos instead of bringing harmony.
reply to post by LeoVirgo

That's my birthday.
Nice thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Leo,

I'm not getting the www.heavensabove.com site to work.

Can you provide a link?

Thanks,

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My only issue is the use of the word "New" in regards to the return of Ophiuchus. This sign was an original that was removed and now that it is being put back in its considered new? Here is a mathematical example of it.

The cycle of progression is 26,000 years. Each sign is 2000 years. 12X2000=24,000. Returning the 13th sign means 13X2000=26,000 which is the correct cycle length.

It is my understanding that Ophiuchus, as the healer, represents science(His symbols are still used today in the medical field), and when science and mysticism were separated, Ophiuchus was removed.

His return has caused confusion in modern astrology due to his removal being so long ago.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As above, So below.

It is amazing how things all seem to come together these days.

Great thread once more Sister!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Very true, Ophiuchus is not new at all.

Ophiuchus hold the serpent represented by Serpens Caput and Serpens Cauda the head and body of the serpent.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi

Interested in the other forgotten signs also.

Can you outline?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sometimes stars are just stars

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
My only issue is the use of the word "New" in regards to the return of Ophiuchus. This sign was an original that was removed and now that it is being put back in its considered new? Here is a mathematical example of it.

The cycle of progression is 26,000 years. Each sign is 2000 years. 12X2000=24,000. Returning the 13th sign means 13X2000=26,000 which is the correct cycle length.

It is my understanding that Ophiuchus, as the healer, represents science(His symbols are still used today in the medical field), and when science and mysticism were separated, Ophiuchus was removed.

His return has caused confusion in modern astrology due to his removal being so long ago.

you've got the "western" astrology being taken too seriously. western astrology uses 30 degrees for every zodiac sign in order for an easy division of 12 equal parts in the 360 degree zodiac.

in reality each constellation does not take up exactly 30 degrees of the sky. "eastern" or vedic astrology uses more accurate measurements to determine where one sign ends and the next sign begins.

the "addition" of a new sign is really the acknowledgement by the "mainstream" of one constellation among all of the other thousands of constellations. it's the manifestation of a new cycle, really...every knew cycle starts in baby steps.

Astrology is really the idea that ALL light effects human consciousness. When we are born into the "light of the world", EVERY single photon of light that penetrates our body effects us. This light mostly includes the Sun, because it is the closest source of light. The next largest source is the moon, because the moon reflects the sun's light back onto the Earth. This is why our Sun sign and Moon sign are the most important in astrology. Then come the other planets, which all reflect the Sun's light onto Earth. Then come the asteroids and comets that linger around our Milky Way, which also reflect the Sun's light onto Earth. Finally ALL of the stars of the cosmos are considered, from constellations to lone stars, to the galactic plane.
edit on 12/12/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Do I know you???

Indeed...I do! Former Sagitarius, now Ophiuchus...The serpent..healer...

All very good OP...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ophiuchus has been a long debated topic. It lasts for a very short time period, to December 17th which you stated. Ophiuchus bears the snakes, symbolic to Scorpio. In ancient Egypt, they portraied the Scorpio as a snake, then later on as an eagle. The Egyptians thought the Eagle best suited the Scorpio, because Eagles ate snakes and it symbolized rebirth (directly related to the Phoenix). The world uses the eagle in replacement as the phoenix as we can tell.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

star and flag, i will be sure to be meditating on the 18th
thanks for the heads up

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

Ophiuchus has been a long debated topic. It lasts for a very short time period, to December 17th which you stated. Ophiuchus bears the snakes, symbolic to Scorpio. In ancient Egypt, they portraied the Scorpio as a snake, then later on as an eagle. The Egyptians thought the Eagle best suited the Scorpio, because Eagles ate snakes and it symbolized rebirth (directly related to the Phoenix). The world uses the eagle in replacement as the phoenix as we can tell.

Very Good...also...Ophiuchus represents the 13th Constellation in the Zodiac...as in there are normally twelve.....think the last supper...Leonardo D'avnici....the 13th person in the room is......

Well that is all that I'm going to say!....LOL...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I found out years ago I was born under Ophiuchus. I've read quit a bit about it. It seems unfortunate that they haven't always used astrology to match astronomy.

edit on 12-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I found out years ago I was born under Ophiuchus. I've read quit a bit about it. It seems unfortunate that they haven't always used astrology to match astronomy.

edit on 12-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Great Pic...so your birthday is now??? Also...apparently back in the earlier...Mayan times when the Calendar was 360 days and the Baktun was 144,000 days...and the epochs were 5125 years...they revered the constellation of Ophiuchus...the thirteenth constellation..emminating from the Galactic center most afforded to the elipitical procession.

All that being...apparently our calendar now is totally skewed and messes with galactic resonance or harmonics....so there is a movement now to put the calendar back to the original celestial harmonic.
edit on 12-12-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Calendar Reform

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Great Pic...so your birthday is now??? Also...apparently back in the earlier...Mayan times when the Calendar was 360 days and the Baktun was 144,000 days...and the epochs were 5125 years...they revered the constellation of Ophiuchus...the thirteenth constellation..emminating from the Galactic center most afforded to the elipitical procession.

All that being...apparently our calendar now is totally skewed and messes with galactic resonance or harmonics....so there is a movement now to put the calendar back to the original celestial harmonic.
edit on 12-12-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

I've just finished a book that talks a little about the Mayan calendar and I think you're absolutely right. Apparently their calender was really based on conjunctions with the sun and other planets, and with the galactic center. They could measure conjunction cycles for all the planets and the sun, and could therefore determine the length of the "great year" and when our solar system would once again be aligned with the galactic plane.

The book I read was The Source Field Investigations by David Wilcock. He cites a book called "A Little Book of Coincidence" by John Martineau. Martineau mapped out the orbits of all the planets, and noted at what point conjunctions happen with other planets along each line of orbit. He found that conjunctions would happen at equidistant points from each other in each orbit, which would become sacred geometrical patterns.

For example, Every 8 Earth years, or thirteen Venusian years, they line up to form each corner of a pentagon. Other geometrical relations were discovered, like if you take the sphere of jupiter's orbit and nest three cubes, three octahedrons or any other of combination of these two together, one inside the other, you get a sphere in the center that is exactly the size of earth's orbit - with 99.8% precision.

The radius of Saturn's orbit is equal to the circumference of Mars' orbit. The circumference of Saturn's orbit is the same as the diameter of Neptune's orbit. jupiter and Saturn make a conjunction every 20 years, but each conjunction appears at a new point within the great circle of their shared orbits When you plot out these six conjunctions within that shared circle and connect the dots, you get a perfect Star of David.

These things suggest that there really is a harmony in the spheres. David Wilcock posits that the ideal form of the solar system would be all the planets and moons with perfectly round orbits, and not elongated oval orbits. Each of these orbits would be in perfect vibrational harmony with all of the other orbits in the solar system and together they create a most coherent, efficient, perfect co-existence with each other. David Wilcock therefore points out that the current existence of the Asteroid Belt and elongated orbits is evidence of a solar-system-wide catastrophe in which some celestial body between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter was destroyed. Some malevolent variable in the cosmos effectively detuned the solar system.

Therefore, I wouldn't doubt for one moment that The Powers That Were would try to "detune" our culture's sun/moon cycle and whole calender. There's a lot to be learned about that Mayan calender...

edit on 12/12/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join