It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Crisis: distraction from what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Every time I hear the phrase “Economic Crisis” I cringe and I sense it is a stage managed event to act as distraction.

But, from what?

I do not for one minute believe banks were allowed to almost ruin us all, but I do believe it was engineered to distract you and me from something grave.

From what? Any opinions?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Personally I think you have it backwards. Greedy banks/corporations have been plundering money for decades and their greed is what led to this economic crisis. The question is, what WILL be the distraction from this mess?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
reply to post by mandroids

Personally I think you have it backwards. Greedy banks/corporations have been plundering money for decades and their greed is what led to this economic crisis. The question is, what WILL be the distraction from this mess?

Yes, that is an interesting way to look at it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't think the crisis is the distraction.
I think the "shallow" crisis is merely distracting from the true depth and magnitude of what's really happening in the world economically. This isn't an artificially created diversion; rather, it's the cold harsh slap of reality. We have a system in place worldwide that is entirely predicated on greed and the fabrication of "wealth", very little of which is actually backed by anything other than consumer confidence or IOU's.

...that was always going to come home to roost at some stage.

If we want to look deeper though, there are certainly many things that can be said about the EuroZone, loss of sovereignty and a push toward a unified Europe.

For those with a Biblical slant, Europe is certainly ripe for the advent of Antichrist; one who will draw those nations together into a single political entity and force the less-willing to give up their own sovereignty.

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the crisis is a distraction, the start treaty was a message, and ww3 is part of a plan.

now all you gotta do is figure out why

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The economic crisis as discussed in the main stream media is a chew toy for a dog.
Part of managing public opinion is to only give them choice that are acceptable.

The distraction!?

The government charges buisness millions of dollars to let them do anything.
They hold captains of industry hostage with the very bills they are supporting
and then will fortunes have changed hands the bill goes away.
It's the cost of doing business.

No, the public must always be kept leaping from one crisis to the next.
And if all else fails truck out some old fashioned racism.

The technological capacity to identify the entire human family
of which we are all a part
has existed for decades, but there is always a more pressing issue isn't there.
Just always seems to be somehting more important is creating pressing peril.

/sigh
David Grouchy

new topics

top topics

join