It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real definition of Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i think this writter lays it out pretty well.
remember directly after 9/11 how the major complaint was that insurgents don't wear a uniform.
they were labeled enemy combatants.
ever since the gov. has been trying to figure out how to sell the american people that anyone who puts up a fight to defend their homeland is a terrorist.
well, sorry to inform ya' all, but the time is here.

The FBI yesterday announced it has secured an indictment against Faruq Khalil Muhammad ‘Isa, a 38-year-old citizen of Iraq currently in Canada, from which the U.S. is seeking his extradition. The headline on the FBI’s Press Release tells the basic story: “Alleged Terrorist Indicted in New York for the Murder of Five American Soldiers.” The criminal complaint previously filed under seal provides the details: ‘Isa is charged with “providing material support to a terrorist conspiracy” because he allegedly supported a 2008 attack on a U.S. military base in Mosul that killed 5 American soldiers. In other words, if the U.S. invades and occupies your country, and you respond by fighting back against the invading army — the ultimate definition of a “military, not civilian target” — then you are a . . . Terrorist.

Is that not exactly the mindset that more or less anyone in the world would have: if a foreign army invades your country and proceeds to brutally occupy it for the next eight years, then it’s your solemn duty to fight them? Indeed, isn’t that exactly the mentality that caused some young Americans to enlist after the 9/11 attack and be hailed as heroes: they attacked us on our soil, and so now I want to fight them?

what do you think, does this make sense, or is he spreading more propaganda?

link to salon.com article.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

There is no real truly universal definition of terrorism.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well I own quite a few guns, and if this country was invaded and I saw the invading army killing my countrymen, I'd fight back. And if they called me a terrorist I'd be pretty pissed off, and I know all of you would be too. I have a video game called Homefront. You play as an American man fighting Koreans after they invade and occupy the United States. So according to most ignorant Americans: in that game you are playing a "terrorist". I'm surprised no crazy right-winger hasn't called it a "terrorist training tool" yet.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Brutally forcing and enslaving the globe to a foreign belief system (religious, moral, ethical, socioeconomic, etc) and programming them to parrot is the definition of terrorism.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join