It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu jab gave our six-year-old son narcolepsy: Boy slept for up to 19 HOURS a day after reaction to v

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scary

There is a difference between life-saving childhood vaccines...and yearly mix and match, untested flu vaccines.

THIS is the point everyone seems to be missing here. Half these arguments are comparing apples to oranges.

There is a HUGE difference also between risking polio or risking the flu. No one should be taking the flu shot unless their immune system is so compromised that the flu would likely kill them.

And in response to the person above who ignorantly stated that no one dies of the flu, here is a CNN article that states what I've heard before - around 36,000 people die of the flu in the US every year.

That doesn't mean I'm getting a flu shot - but it means that there obviously is a population that is at terrible risk of death by flu. For them it is probably worth the risk. For our healthy family? It isn't.

It's all about weighing the risks.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i pretty much never get sick, but about a month ago i attempted to refuse vaccination (im in the military). it got to the point where i was going to be charged with failure to obey a direct order so i gave in (call me what you will). I didnt want to lose my benefits when i get out. So i got the vaccine (still refused live virus and got the passive vaccine instead). about 4 day later i felt the effects. tons of crap in my lungs i was constantly coughing up, couldnt breath through my nose, and just generally felt like crap. that lasting in full swing for about a week and a half and still (a month or so later) still have a stuffy nose. i guess thats what i get for not sticking with what i believe...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I took the jab this year and paid the price. A couple of days after the shot my whole right side of my face was paralyzed. Of course the concern was more of a stroke at that point because I have high blood pressure from previous injuries.

I went to the hospital and they determined it was Bells Palzy caused by a virus or vaccines. Fortunately, after 10 days of anti-virals and steroids I recovered fully. Scary though and I can tell you one thing. My family told me they are never getting a flu shot again. And I am not either. Thing is I was fully aware of the vaccine issues being on ATS. However, I used to get them every year and never had a problem. I figured the flu would be worse for me with my medical state.

This was the standard seasonal flu vaccine, but I am not sure who manufactured it. I will see if I can find the paperwork they gave me. I don't know if it is shown on there, but if it is I will update the thread.

edit on 13/12/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I can sympathize with the two previous posters above me,I did not get the shot this year nor have I gotten it for a few years and as you would guess...No flu.

What I find the most difficult is with children and I am sure many would share my concerns on this topic I would imagine.

for those who do have children having to make this choice -for or against and the different implications of either decision is down right scary,especially depending on your personal position,among other variables...It becomes a catch 22,damned if I do,damned if I don't.

My problem is I am separated from my daughters mother,she tends to go ahead and make these kind of decisions without asking my opinion on the matter,long story short she is less than considerate or respectful towards my rights as her father.

Unfortunately she is not one of reason or willing to view a lot of these subjects in any other light than what the MSM,physicians would her have believe...Sad really,I hate feeling like I must sit on the sidelines while there are possible negative or even fatal implications at work in my child's life,helpless feeling I'll tell ya.

Sorry just ranting away but I cannot help but be angry in general at the fact that no matter what,there are those out there that may have no choice,no say at all in receiving these vaccines and my sympathy goes out to any who have been damaged by the malpractice that sometimes results from having taken them.

S&F to the op,Thank for making this known and bringing this story to light.
edit on 13-12-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
They just jabbed the kids at the local school with meningitis C vac. Many kids went home sick, plus one ENTIRE class went home sick. Never makes the news though... Funny that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Very well, it's not 99%, you're absolutely right that that figure was used merely the make a point. The point being that vaccines have made it so that instead of having to worry about getting polio or small pox today's children have to worry about whether they prefer Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. Vaccines may not be flawless but they work.

I have actually read a few anti-vaccine articles, mostly regarding the supposed link to autism, none ever presenting conclusive evidence of causation while clearly attempting to imply heavy correlation between the two. One thing I've never seen, an anti-vaxer propose a better idea or system of keeping these diseases subdued (or borderline wiped out as small pox and a few others go).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Vardoger

Very well, it's not 99%, you're absolutely right that that figure was used merely the make a point. The point being that vaccines have made it so that instead of having to worry about getting polio or small pox today's children have to worry about whether they prefer Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. Vaccines may not be flawless but they work.

I have actually read a few anti-vaccine articles, mostly regarding the supposed link to autism, none ever presenting conclusive evidence of causation while clearly attempting to imply heavy correlation between the two. One thing I've never seen, an anti-vaxer propose a better idea or system of keeping these diseases subdued (or borderline wiped out as small pox and a few others go).

Well, gee, I wonder if that's because the anit-vaccine conspironutz are so full of their own undigested waste matter that the best they can do is run in circles, shout like mind-altered morons and, er, start and respond with psychotic fervor to threads like this?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WillowToad

Your generic comment lacks intelligence, it also lacks credibility.

There are mountains of evidence that all vaccines are dangerous, including the "important ones" like Polio. Have you researched the amount of people the Polio vaccine killed?

Gardasil which is fairly new has been confirmed to kill at least 26 Americans and many more are suspected. I even provided the factual evidence of these 26 deaths. I have authored various threads on the vaccine issue, and for you to call us conspirunuts just shows how unintelligent you are.

The good they have done is documented, but so is the death and illnesses they have caused. I rather be a conspirinut as you put it than a brainwashed sheep who is unable to think for themselves and make their own educated decisions.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is very real.
My cousins 14yo boy has this as a result of the flu jab.
Totally messed his life up at school.
About 20 known kids in Ireland have this as a result of the vaccination.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Your generic comment lacks intelligence, it also lacks credibility.

So does yours so we're even, see how that works?

There are mountains of evidence that all vaccines are dangerous, including the "important ones" like Polio. Have you researched the amount of people the Polio vaccine killed?

Duh when you infect people with infections material do you expect that it will not have an element of danger? The issue is comparative, which is more dangerous, polio vaccine or polio?

Thanks, appreciate the insights, you can move along now. You're done.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks, appreciate the insights, you can move along now. You're done.

Actually I'm just getting started. In fact, your poorly opiniated diatribe only helped strengthen my argument. Thanks for that. Not only are you brainwashed, but you're spreading disinformation.

I bet you advise your friends and family to go get their shot every year

BTW, there are more documented cases of the Polio vaccine killing people than Polio itself over the last few decades. Judging by your previous posts you will most likely try to add another false spin on this.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
BTW, there are more documented cases of the Polio vaccine killing people than Polio itself over the last few decades. Judging by your previous posts you will most likely try to add another false spin on this.

Do you have a credible source for this statement?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I always see these headlines and wonder why they get so many people against vaccines. You folks do know that there are rare cases where vaccines AREN'T safe right? Sometimes people can have severe reactions to vaccines. Yet these few cases cause people to ignore the fact that 99% of the time vaccines are effective.
We can:

Have horrible diseases that unnecessarily kill millions

or

Have vaccines that save millions but can, in rare cases, cause harm

The anti-vax movement, which links many illnesses to vaccines without any evidence, is far more dangerous than the vaccines themselves. Do we REALLY want diseases that have been effectively wiped out to make a come back based on speculation and the few rare instances that someone is actually harmed by a vaccine?

Just to put my 2 cents worth in, after 2 years of researching vaccination science, industry and history, I'm fully convinced that:

-Vaccines are at best useless,
-At worst immediately lethal (say 1 to 60 days),
-Over time results in chronic illness.
-Flu deaths are caused by improper treatment, not by flu nor the lack of vaccination.
-Vaccination is flawed science and without the profit motive, wouldn't be supported by the medical profession.
-Claims to eradication of Polio, Smallpox, Measles, etc are based on sometimes faked and other times just incorrect data.
-Peer-reviewed studies are a copout. The industry that pays for a study normally gets the result that they want. Vaccine studies are almost always conducted by the vaccine cartel (Medical Industry, Pharmaceuticals, Government)

You can have 100s of peer-reviewed studies and yet it won't bring back one dead vaccine victim nor undo the ill health suffered by generations of vaccine-weakened humans.

I'll leave you with is this Life Science lesson on Contagion-epidemics. By reading through this lesson, you'll see that if you have a proper understanding of disease, then it becomes obvious that vaccination is not the pathway to health and consequently any vaccine risk is unjustified.

PS: You've already been given links to the whale.to site (please keep in mind that the site is a repository of information and not just one person's ramblings) but I'll add a couple of links for other good anti-vaccination information. The truth is out there, just don't expect your doctor to like it.

Smoke, Mirrors, and the “Disappearance” Of Polio
vaccinationnews.com
Pesticides and Polio: Graphic documentation regarding epidemiology and physiology of polio

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

Thanks for contributing all the links

You made a lot of great points, especially on the vaccine cartel and the results they get.

I get pissed off when people shove pharmaceutical industry propaganda in my face.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

Like I asked before, do you guys have any credible sources?

Seriously, are you all denying that millions of deaths have been avoided because of the various successful vaccines that have come along in the past 60 years?

You have no evidence of your claims besides the ramblings of conspiracy theorists and pseudo-scientists. Do you honestly go around believing everything you read on the internet except peer-reviewed medical studies?

I bet that you were all vaccinated against the various diseases when you were babies. How do you feel? Do you think you would feel better with polio, or smallpox, or measles? Please, get serious.

As for your links:

Dr. Suzanne Humphries is a homeopathic doctor and is called a quack by more reputable doctors. The second one a bunch of links to Prison Planet. And the third link is blocked by my antivirus as a malicious site.

edit on 13-12-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm 51...

still work hard for a living..

today it was 26 outside, yesterday also..

no Flu shot for me..ever..

I just take a dose of vitamin C when i feel a sniffle coming on..

I still don't understand all this Flu shot nonsense...

never had those around when i was a kid...
edit on 13-12-2011 by baddmove because: spellcheck

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here is something to read for those of you who wish to read "the other side of the story." It has the benefit of being from what I feel is a reputable and credible source. Now some of you may not feel that the CDC is as credible as Prison Planet or whale.to, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by Vardoger
reply to post by TheComte

again...the other side of the small pox story...
www.whale.to...

[Telling quote] "In 1926, 130 members of the Dallas (Tex.) Chamber of Commerce cancelled their trip to Mexico because vaccination was required as a precedent to entrance. Nearly a 100 medical men, at a conference in Dallas, went to Mexico, after they obtained permission to enter without being vaccinated. Think this over before you submit your child to this evil and superstitious rite."--Dr Shelton DC

edit on 12-12-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

So, you're saying that smallpox being eradicated is a hoax, or that the hoax is that the vaccine didn't work to eradicate it? Not sure what you mean by the 'other side of the story.' I don't see another side.

Another thing. That whale.to website is just a blog by a conspiracy theorist. It is not a medical website. All the articles on there are opinions, not medical facts. Using that for a source is the same as using Alex Jones Infowars; just not credible.

Show me a peer reviewed study that shows the smallpox vaccine was a hoax. Then I may change my mind about it.

You want real medical studies done by a real bonafide physician who herself used to think vaccines were great? Youtube or google Dr. Sherri Tenpenny - the stuff about Polio, smallpox etc. being on its way out before the vaccines is very true as far as the research I've seen. And in fact, she proves that Polio lingered in the US until the 70's BECAUSE of the vaccine.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

You mean Sherri "Don't Marry a Vaccinated Person" Tenpenny? I googled her and there are no peer-reviewed studies done by her. Lots of Youtube videos of her appearing on Alex Jones show though.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by thebtheb

You mean Sherri "Don't Marry a Vaccinated Person" Tenpenny? I googled her and there are no peer-reviewed studies done by her. Lots of Youtube videos of her appearing on Alex Jones show though.

No, but she BRINGS TO LIGHT and will point out all the peer reviewed studies and evidence - very very very well I might add, if you would bother to truly research what she has to present. She's on far more shows than just Alex Jones' show. And she doesn't say "don't marry a vaccinated person." She says if you're getting married, it might be wise to discuss each other's views first before getting into an argument about vaccinating your children.

One of the most telling things she ever said was: she was head of an E.R. for 12 years. And she used to doll out vaccines like every doctor, parroting that they were safe and were no problem, and had gotten rid of so many diseases, etc., etc. And she says, the only proof she'd ever had of that is that she'd been taught that and BEEN TOLD that and that every other doctor she knew parroted the same thing. But she said, in her 12 years, she had never ONCE read the pamphlet that came with the vaccines. And neither did any of her other doctor friends or colleagues. She had just been told all this crap - just like you're being told all this crap.

So just because doctors say "oh there's nothing to worry about..." clearly doesn't mean a damn thing. If you truly want to consider the other side, spend an hour or two youtubing her longer video presentations - the information she presents is largely derived from different sections of the CDC site - which is ironic and hilarious: everything you need to fear about vaccines can be read on the very site that tells you they're safe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join