It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Seven killed in explosion at Iran steel factory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Report: Seven killed in explosion at Iran steel factory

www.haaretz.com

An explosion at a steel production complex in central Iran killed seven workers including foreigners, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted a senior local official in Yazd province as saying on Monday.

"The explosion at the Ghadir Steel plant led to the deaths of seven people and the serious injuries of 12 others who have been transferred to hospital for treatment," said Yazd's
governor Azizulah Seifi.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

edit on 12-12-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: made title shorter

edit on 12/12/2011 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT headline

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Gee, another explosion, I wonder what caused this....Does anyone actually buy there isn't a covert war going on? Not very covert is it? Whether it was Israel, America, UK, or maybe a mix of the three, someone's up to something.

How long before this all goes bang? Seems like the time is drawing near. War needs to be averted, it can be, but these idiots in charge would rather see a bloodbath because they'll turn that red into green, and then keep it for themselves.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmm...

Too early to tell, but you may be on to something.

Anything that happens over there should be scrutinized.

We shall have to wait and see what our beloved media decides to share with us

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Something definitely is up. But why is Iran being so tight-lipped about it? Usually stuff like this is followed by accusations and vitriol to the west. Yet each time it was an accident. Why cover for the people attacking your infrastructure unless, things aren't so cut and dry. Maybe something top shelf secret is going on in these facilities. Whether its sabotage or ineptitude remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Whilst this is terrible news for those involved I don't see what this has to do with anything else...

Iran is a huge country and accidents, explosions, fires etc.. are going to be happening all the time, as in any other country.

Doesn't mean WWIII is imminent.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I found a map of where the factory is located, maybe some members are aware if there are any military related installations over there. Research shows that the factory is associated with the private sector.

Map

Not sure if it helps, but though I should share just in case.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Industrial accidents happen all the time. In a steelmaking facility, you can get killed easily in a number of ways. Pouring hot metal into a container that is wet is just one way. The steam explosion scatters the hot metal and that is what usually does the damage, not the initial explosion. This is a common accident at foundries and casting facilities.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Gee, another explosion, I wonder what caused this....Does anyone actually buy there isn't a covert war going on? Not very covert is it?

Oh yes, it is extremely covert. It's incredible that so much damage has been caused to Iran in recent years, yet not only do they not know who is responsible, but no country has even been able to solidly acknowledge that it's taking place. It's quite amazing really, and I'm convinced it's not the US because we've proven many times in the past that our bumbling efforts are quite easily exposed and often go haywire. My money is on Israel, and the fact that they can pull this off is darned impressive. The strikes are very quiet and carried out with surgical precision. The only "evidence" is that Iranian scientists are disappearing or mysteriously dying in droves and there are strange reports of large-scale "accidents" now and then. It doesn't get any more covert than this. Here's a related article:

Of course, the absence of an imminent aerial attack on Iran by Israel or the U.S. does not mean we're in a period of peace.

Rather, what we are seeing is a sinister covert war that involves kidnappings and assassinations of scientists, the possible use of computer viruses to destroy information networks, and mysterious explosions at Iranian nuclear sites, all of which seem to be escalating.

It's an odd, unacknowledged war within Iran where no one claims responsibility but no one bothers to deny responsibility very convincingly either.

Last year, two leading nuclear physicists were killed and the head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization was wounded by car-bomb attacks inside Iran, attacks Teheran blamed on Israeli and U.S. operatives.

Months later, Iran's nuclear program was sabotaged and put back at least a year by the Stuxnet computer virus.

The virus, widely believed to have been created by a joint Israeli-U.S. intelligence operation, made secret adjustments to centrifuges at Iran's uranium enrichment site.

Then, on Nov. 12 this year, an enormous explosion virtually obliterated a top secret base near Teheran that was being used for developing long-range missiles.

The blast killed the head of Iran's missile program and 17 others, including key experts in the field, and was blamed on an accident, although there are strong suspicions in intelligence circles that sabotage was again involved.

Just two weeks later, another large explosion damaged the key uranium enrichment plant at Isfahan. Again there was no clear explanation for the blast and no one took credit. But two giant blasts to Israel's great benefit does seem an odd coincidence.

Link: news.ca.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Seems to be a hell of a lot of earthquakes and explosions over in Iran these past 2 weeks.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Anyone know where they were holding our drone? Would make sense to take it out before they could get too much info from it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm just going to drop a crazy conspiracy to save the other readers some time.

/ the americans did this to sabotage the iranian infrastructure.
I don't have any official or scientific proof to back up these claims, but i'm sure that's what happened

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If something blows up over here do we suspect Iran is involved?

Sometimes accidents just happen. I understand why people are on-edge about anything involving explosions, but there's no need to suspect every thing that happens was the work of the West.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationalistswagger
I'm just going to drop a crazy conspiracy to save the other readers some time.

/ the americans did this to sabotage the iranian infrastructure.
I don't have any official or scientific proof to back up these claims, but i'm sure that's what happened

If you wanted to sabotage the infrastructure, knocking off a mill by arranging for a small explosion would probably be pretty far down on your list. What would it accomplish? Steel trade is not restricted like nuclear materials; the Iranis can buy as much steel as they want when they want. China will cover Iran in steel sheet if the Iranis pay them.
Steel mills have accidents all the time. An explosion at a nuclear processing facility might be suspect but I wouldn't worry about a steel mill.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A local member of parliament, Ali Akbar Oliaw, said there appeared to have been unexploded munitions in with the steel.

"Among the scrap metal was ammunition which had not worked, and this caused the blast," he was quoted as saying.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It's just another accident folks! These clumsy Iranians eh.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
LOL that is A JOKE!? Iran producing STEEL?!

I mean really? wouldn't an "oil refinery" be a better cover?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Looks like a decent sized blast:

I wonder what kind of munitions could cause that?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That's an old picture from the IRGC base explosion iirc. I've seen some articles using a picture taken in Yemen as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Unexploded ammunition in the scrap? That would certainly put a wrinkle in the electric arc melter. I'll bet that the sorting process gets better after this event.
Darwinism in industry.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Who wants to bet they were making high grade steel for missiles or some parts of their nuclear program there?

Or it's just an ``accident``... we will probably know within days.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Who wants to bet they were making high grade steel for missiles or some parts of their nuclear program there?

Or it's just an ``accident``... we will probably now within days.

I want to bet that they did what they said they did. What sort of "high grade steel " do missiles need? Scuds are made from junk steel and small missiles are aluminum.
They can buy any type of steel that they need and, given their industrial prowess, it is probably safer for them to do so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join