It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the elite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why does everybody refer to them as the elite on here. In my opinion that is an admission that you believe them to be better than you. The Elite should be refered to as the greedy as in esscence they are just the same as us but infinately more greedy and will step on anybody to increase their wealth. Please stop pandering to them by calling them the elite, they are not worthy to be the dog # on the bottom of your shoe, never mind being regarded as better than you.
edit on 12-12-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Elite (occasionally spelled élite) (Latin, electus - "chosen") refers to an exceptional or privileged group that wields considerable power within its sphere of influence. Depending on the context, this power might be physical, spiritual, intellectual or financial.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

They hold no power over me and they never will.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Reviled: c.1300, from O.Fr. reviler "consider vile, despise

We now have a new name for them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

your insipid question caused me to choke on my cavier and spill champagne on my cumberbun.
my chaffuer almost crashed the Rolls and my toy poodle was so traumatized she will need may months of post tramatic stress therapy. Not to mention making me late for my pedicure! :mad

Thanks alot plethian!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Why does everybody refer to them as the elite on here. In my opinion that is an admission that you believe them to be better than you. The Elite should be refered to as the greedy as in esscence they are just the same as us but infinately more greedy and will step on anybody to increase their wealth. Please stop pandering to them by calling them the elite, they are not worthy to be the dog # on the bottom of your shoe, never mind being regarded as better than you.
edit on 12-12-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

I can not speak for everybody, but here is why I call them the elite. It is my very own condescending way to refer to the greedy blood sucking scum that somehow managed to grab the global reins for thousands of years and manipulate the world socioeconomic et al. to their benefit and for their own agenda.

They are indeed the "elite". The "elite bastards", The "elite greedy", The "elite satanists", The "elite scum". The "elite donkey's a$$". the "elite
".

But that's just me

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wikipedia: “Elite (occasionally spelled élite) (Latin, electus - "chosen") refers to an exceptional or privileged group that wields considerable power within its sphere of influence. Depending on the context, this power might be physical, spiritual, intellectual or financial c/o Wikipedia.com

We dont "call" them Elite: they ARE by definition...the Elite. What dont you understand?
They have money, power, advantages we dont have, have no money issues, no property issues, answer mostly to know one except others like them. They ARE "ELITE". If you'd have just looked up the defintion 1st...you could have saved a thread.

The rich hang with the rich, they go where they want, do what they do, spend what they want, have no regard to those of us that cant do all those things freely. We are not the ELITE...they are.

“E•lite” c/o Dictionary.com
1. ( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
2. ( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.
3. a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I was about to say why have you put elite in your title! They are the Ruling criminal class.

Maybe you should put this in brackets after elite in your title

edit on 12-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

Who chose them because I certainly didnt!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Who chose them because I certainly didnt!

I think they are self-proclaimed LMAO

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why do non-Buddhists call Siddhartha Gautama 'Buddha'? Why don't non-Buddhists call him by his birth name of Siddhartha? The word 'Buddha' means 'enlightened one' or 'awakened one.' Are non-Buddhists in admission that Siddhartha is indeed the enlightened and awakened one by calling him 'Buddha'?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." [Romeo and Juliet - Shakespeare]

We say 'Elite or The Powers That Be', not because we admit that they are our superiors, but because they believe that they are the Elite, and so we non-elite know who we are talking about.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Again...the definiton please. No-one chose them. They exist. By the very definiton of the word. Even the thread-title used it, so we all would know what/whom youre refering to. Thread title used it, giving it validation. Everyone knows exactly to what it refers. Therefore...the entire point is moot.

Point: I have a friend who drive a Mercedes...I use $2.00 duct tape on my car mirror. He went out to dinner and picked up a $750 tab for four. The next day I struggled paying $8.00 at McDonalds. I wonder how I can pay my bills: he doesnt have a clue as to what he owes in bills, he just writes a check for them.

He goes for a month to Milan in Italy, Im looking for a discount fare under $300 to Florida for 3 days. I stood in line for concert tickets for the very last aisle-seat in the hall, and he just picked up the phone...and got front row seats.

He rides in limos too, I cant afford cab fare.

We didnt create the "elite". They manifest the definition...as even the OP did here. "Question about the ELITE?".

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I see a whole lot of jealousy here... you don't have what they have because your to lazy to get off your ass and grab a piece of the action, so you whine and bitch and resort to name calling...

Guess what? THAT is why they have more than you and why they have power to control you.

But don't worry, the world NEEDS sheeple... because if everyone was 'illuminated' there would be no one left to pay taxes and the system would become anarchy.

If everyone was rich, there would be no one that would go to work and do the jobs that need to be done to keep society running. Just imagine if those people doing the dirty jobs like fixing your toilet or collecting your garbage or treating your sewage suddenly became wealthy... who would clean up your poop? Would YOU do it? Yeah that's what I thought

So stop whining, go back to work and pay your taxes and if you do a good job you might have some left to buy the beer

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We dont "call" them Elite: they ARE by definition...the Elite. What dont you understand?

They are not. What don't YOU understand about the word electus? These people are NOT is any way elected which is what the word chosen as translated means. They have usurped power and are scum. They are not elite not even by the definition of the word.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I see a whole lot of jealousy here... you don't have what they have because your to lazy to get off your ass and grab a piece of the action, so you whine and bitch and resort to name calling...

Well Zorgon if 'grabbing a piece of the action' entails riding roughshod over everyone else then I shall remain 'too lazy to get off my ass'. Of course it could be mule or donkey, but either way I shall not get off it to steal and pillage and stab others in the back metaphorically speaking to further aims of greed and corruption.

No jealousy. I cannot be jealous of scum.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Well Zorgon if 'grabbing a piece of the action' entails riding roughshod over everyone else then I shall remain 'too lazy to get off my ass'. Of course it could be mule or donkey, but either way I shall not get off it to steal and pillage and stab others in the back metaphorically speaking to further aims of greed and corruption.

So your saying all of the elite are worthless scum? Hmmmm I wonder how the world advanced as far as it did if the scum is only in it for themselves and those that sit on a donkey, mule or an ass don't do anything?

I guess all the tech we enjoy just materialized out of thin air? The elite scientists had nothing to do with it?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The very rich, rock stars, movie stars, politicians etc are the "elite". They get in when we cant, get what they want and when they want..and generally have no restricitions of what and how they do or get things. That makes them elite.

While we...wait in line or unitl WE... can afford things...while they dont. They are ELITE...again, by the very definition of the word.

new topics

top topics

join