It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.55am and the phone with no sim card in starts to ring!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This happened at my friends flat on Saturday evening. He has recently swapped phones and had left his old one under the sofa in the living room,switched off wih no sim inside. At 3.55am he thought he heard a phone ringing downstairs in the flat below and thought it was late to be recieving a call,as this had woke him he got up to go to the toilet. The phone rang again,this time he thought it was in the hallway outside his flat door. Thinking it strange he procceeded to the bathroom. Coming out the phone rang again,and he could tell this time it was coming from his living room. He darted in,expecting to find someone there and realised it was his old phone. It was all lit up,with a phone call being recieved with a withheld number,he hurredly took the back off,removed the battery and threw the phone back under the sofa and hid under his covers. He relayed all this to me last night and went threw all the possible reasons etc and found him to be telling the truth and have no explanation. I wandered if anyone else has heard of accounts along the same lines and possible explanations?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

Was probably a tele sales operator, they just never give up!!

Seriously though, i cannot give you an explanation, that is rather strange indeed.

vvv

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Very strange indeed and the first that I have heard on this sort of thing,. Keep us posted if anything else occurs this sounds like it could be interesting.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
WoW freaky!!! lol No sorry i havn't experienced anything like that but watch out for those gadgets.
:

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A mobile phone can send and recieve a signal without a battery attached.
The people who 'invented' the modern 'cell' phone do not know or understand how this happens.

A little food for thought.

Makes you wonder where that technology comes from.

And you have one right there.

Wonder what else it can do.

Bet your lookin at your phone right now.

Wonder if it's lookin back

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Some cell phones work without a "sim" card and others the "sim" card adds additional features, the model of mobile phone would be interesting.

I have heard that in most places the 911 (emergency response number) will still work from a "deactivated" cell phone.

but calls coming in? strange

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Personally I would've answered it out of sheer curiosity, not thrown it and run off!

Could've even been something as simple as the alarm being set on it with the ringtone set as the alarm tone.

Edited to add that I see it stated it was a withheld number, so I doubt it was the alarm. Still, pressing the answer button on it may've solved the mystery within seconds.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Jimbowsk because: My brain seems to be missing out sentences that I read.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Maybe somebody has set your friend up .
Somebody could have set an alarm on his phone to go off at a certain time , using his ringtone as the alarm .....Simples .

Terry

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Personally I would've answered it out of sheer curiosity, not thrown it and run off!

Could've even been something as simple as the alarm being set on it with the ringtone set as the alarm tone.

You beat me too it lol .

Great minds eh ?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Logical minds

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

Logical minds

Well yes, logical, only the caller display appeared and said it was a withheld number.
So it wasn't an alarm, it was an actual incoming call.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

Logical minds

I didn't take into account the withheld number though .

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How exciting - I would have answered it.

Seriously I can imagine your friend was a little scared. I have had some amazing things happen on my computer. I write about Exopolitical subjects and am published. I know my landline phone is monitored and my computer and recently I suspect my mobile phone as well.

One day I got an email with two attachments from my union representative. I spoke to her and learned that she has no interest at all in my writing and research. So I asked if she sent an attachment - only one. The second attachment was a direct link to one of my favourite websites. The email was new and incoming and not one I had responded to so I was a little flummoxed!

Next I receive another new incoming email from the same person with four attachments. This time in a pattern - logo for firm - direct link to a website I visit - attachment - direct link to a website I visit. My friend and work colleague comes to visit - he builds computers and teaches - if anyone can explain the attachments he will. He smiled and shook his head and had no explanation. Neither did two technicians from my service provider.

Just thought I would share that with you. Sometimes my television turns off by itself. I have seen a computer switch itself on in a friends home - laptop - on the floor - no one near it - bingo it's on! I am not frightened by these occurrances. Given we have so many waves and beams and electricity and HAARP and whatever else - I imagine technology will just tune in and turn on - so to speak. My research is only new in the area of Spirit connecting to electrical equipment but it could be possible.

I feel for your friend but ensure them that it is someone trying to make contact. Practice ridding yourself of fear and try to learn from the experience - I know it is easier said than done. I have Students telling me things regularly and I feel that there is a lot of activity on planet Earth right now - on every dimension. It is time to learn. If I can help you and your friend just send me a personal message.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

reply to post by tpg65

Logical minds

You look like the guy from buffy.
You know the teacher/librarian..... can't remember his name, the Brittish guy.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And what makes this a 'paranormal event'?
Just asking, don't shoot me.

edit on 12-12-2011 by snewpers because: swapped some letters.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Do you have a source for that information? I'm not debunking you, I find the idea interesting. Thanks if you can help.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
A mobile phone can send and recieve a signal without a battery attached.
The people who 'invented' the modern 'cell' phone do not know or understand how this happens.

A little food for thought.

Makes you wonder where that technology comes from.

And you have one right there.

Wonder what else it can do.
Bet your lookin at your phone right now.

Wonder if it's lookin back

It's called the CMOS battery, it makes sure that the time and date and any contacts in your cell phone don't disappear when you take your battery and SIM card out. The phone's firmware stays intact also because of the CMOS battery. This is how your phone can send and receive signals when it is apparently turned off and the battery and SIM card are taken off.

It's not rocket science.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Originally posted by tpg65

reply to post by tpg65

Logical minds

You look like the guy from buffy.
You know the teacher/librarian..... can't remember his name, the Brittish guy.

Yeah , I suppose I do

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

I like your question - what makes it paranormal?
What makes anything paranormal?
My guess is anything outside the realm of tangible evidence?
Something that is of an esoteric nature rather than a terrestrial nature?

How did I do?

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Can you explain to me how a mobile phone can operate without a battery and sim card?
Why do we need them if they can operate without?

Thank you.

Amanda5

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join