It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Aliens and UFO's racist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Oh no, not the proven hoax.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

I think, more to the point... Some are speciesist, Others are not... Likely those controlling this planet see Humans as sheep or cattle... But there are likely some among Them who do not. And other Beings of different species who do and who do not.

Much as We're divided within Humanity, so are the ET's.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Oh no, not the proven hoax.

Do link to the proof, then.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
When the aliens invade, I now know to head for a rap concert or NBA game.
(just kidding for the sensitivos out there)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
reply to post by UberL33t

Try this little experiment real quick. Turn your TV on, and just keep clicking the channels starting from the lowest and moving up by 1 channel, and do it for how long you like, but at least for 2 minutes. You can do it for hours, or forever, it's not going to change. When you click on each channel, the first face you see, say out loud "white, black, etc.." to whatever color they are. Don't stay on any channel for more than a second longer than you have to once you have seen the face before you click the channel to the next. Watch how color blind you actually are. I promise you when you start saying it out loud and recognizing how truly racists this society is, you will see why I am asking. It will sound something like this:

"white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, Mexican, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white...."

For anyone that doubts me, just try it. It's an eye opener even if you won't admit it openly. Every movie you watch, every commercial, everything you see is white.

You don't watch the BET channel, but imagine what it must feel like to turn on the TV for an African American and see that. It would be like you turning on the TV and every single channel is BET, with the very small occasion of a white person being mixed in. Then be raised this way your whole life and see how you feel about us not being a racist society.

My questions were valid, not a "joke" or trying to go down a wrong path with it. I am just curious to see if this fits in with the rest of the way I see society as a whole.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

Seriously? What does this have to do with your original post?I'll tell you what,nothing.Looks to me like you're using your orignal topic as a cover to claim that every white person is racist.I'm failing to connect what the color of people on TV and UFO's have in common.What a joke.As for your op...many have pointed out one of the most popular cases ever.Why don't you do some research instead of expecting everyone to do it for you?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe that everybody, [Earthling's/Other-worlder's,] harbors a certain amount of predjudice about other people; I carry certain predjudices, though I don't consider myself to be a racist.

Since alot of people here on Earth, do consider themselves to be racist; it would be logical to assume that some EBE's in our Universe are racist as well.

But I don't think that you are going to see a flying saucer land, and have a huge cadre of black men adorned with raygun's, walk down the ramp, shouting - Why ain't you out pickin cotton - to a huge throng of white-folk's either. LOL

I would be shocked to find an other-worlder who has visited our planet to be a racist; because I believe that such behavior, would be abhorrent to a highly advanced race of beings such as themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Think this will answer for you.......

No,

You use the internet which is moslty updated and maintained by white westeners, you use (most likley) google, yahoo, bing, MSM which all are driven with White agenda,

you have decided to overlook, cave paitings, history of countries/peoples, general ancient beliefs.

im guessing you see everyone not black as white? (surley you see aboriganies in australia as black? they have a rich history of beliefs that im sure some ancent alien guys will tell you is based on aliens)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i don't think so! Most blacks lives in the cities and i heard that aliens abduct people in isolated areas. That could be reason why you don't hear any blacks being abducted. Also if blacks would've been abducted by aliens, they would have thought it was God, I'm serious!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Dont know if anyone has mentioned this, have yet to read the entire post but there are quite a few black rappers who, rap about conspiracies, not ufology, at least I cant think of any raps about alien abductions, but rappers like Immortal Technique are very much conspiracy theorists!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
i don't think so! Most blacks lives in the cities and i heard that aliens abduct people in isolated areas. That could be reason why you don't hear any blacks being abducted. Also if blacks would've been abducted by aliens, they would have thought it was God, I'm serious!

You don't have to be a person of the black race too think that space aliens are Gaod's

I'm serious,

Erno86

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

In other words........ YES .......I was correct about you.

The fact that you have been avoiding addressing any of the real issues raised in the OP, and are now trying to derail the thread with personal, off topic attacks only proves how sensitive the issue really is. In fact, your attempted diversions have actually raised even more questions, and I will lay them all out for you here. If you do not feel comfortable answering, then don't reply. Just don't try to bury them with off topic posts.

1. Are a disproportionate number of UFO reports made by Caucasians?

Yes, as every third poster has pointed out, Barney Hill was African-American. If you've read "Interrupted Journey," you would know that he and his wife, who was white, were naturally concerned with their place in the American society of the time. It is very clear that, as a mixed race marriage, they felt alienated. That's right, they felt like aliens. They were returning from Canada, a sort of parallel universe version of the United States, where they were treated with acceptance, when something happened. In order to reconstruct the missing time, hypnosis was used to access the couple's unconscious minds. Is it surprising that "alien" imagery was found there?

Another poster added some videos of blacks describing their UFO experiences. Nominally, this answers the rhetorical question in the OP: "can you give one example of a black reporting a UFO?" So, given that there have been thousands of UFOs reported, does a half dozen reports from blacks strike you as being proportionate? What the OP has been driving at, and I have made explicit, is that the UFO phenomenon seems to have a distinct sociological element. Why is it that so many more whites see UFOs than blacks in the United States?

2. Name one black Ufologist.

Still waiting on this one. Overall, there are very few blacks involved in the "New Age" movement in general. In fact, I know of only one African-American "New Age Guru." On the other hand, there are countless black charismatic "self help," empowerment Christian preachers. Is there a cultural, ie, sociological reason for this?

3. Why are the benevolent Space Brothers fair skinned blonds, and the evil aliens short and dark?

I have pointed out the "contactee" phenomenon's roots in the racial theories of Theosophy. Mme. Blavatsky applied a twisted interpretation of the new theory of evolution to spirituality. There is supposedly a secret White Brotherhood of Ascended Masters hiding inside of seven sacred mountains here on Earth. This belief is actually accepted explicitly and wholeheartedly by many UFO cultists. (That word is precise.)

4. What is UFOlogy?

You provided that one, Mathias. Is it the study of unknown aerial phenomena, or is it anything you want it to be? What are the appropriate methodologies for its study? What tools does one require in order to analyze the data? How does one even determine what data to analyze? Do reports by skilled pilots and radar operators carry the same weight as a hippy on an acid trip? Are the experiences even comparable? One set describes objective, material experiences, the other extremely personal, subjective experiences. I'm not saying the latter are any less "valid" than the former, but they don't appear to be part of the same domain of knowledge.

5. What does it mean to be a UFOlogist?

You accused me of not being a UFOlogist. Fair enough. The question this poses is: "who is a UFOlogist? What sort of certification is required? What are the minimum qualifications? Can anyone just claim to be a UFOlogist? Is there a difference in the credibility between a PhD in Astronomy or a retired Air Force officer on the one hand, and a twelve year old who clips stories about WWII bombers being discovered on the Moon out of the Weekly World News? Who would you rather pay $12 to hear talk? The one who presents statistical analysis of sightings by category and concludes that only 1/2 of 1% cannot be explained as misidentified mundane phenomena, or the one that tells you exactly what you want to hear?

6. What is the real basis of the "Ancient Astronaut" belief system?

Why must aliens have built the pyramids? Is it because the ancient Egyptians cannot have built them because they were Africans? Why must the Nazca lines have been made by aliens? Is it because the Nazca people were Indians?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Barney Hill comes to mind. I know you are being very serious, but I still laughed hard because of the assumptions you made. I am native american so I am no stranger to racism. I had the same thoughts on this subject. Your topic would have benefited more from saying the majority of abductions were whites. I have a theory, maybe it's because whites are the only race aliens are allowed to experiment on because of some deal that was made by governments. Or it could go much further back in human history. When you compare humans with mice, the ones used in a laboratory are not brown or colored. They are white. Whites could be the human lab mice of earth. The Barney Hill case could have been experiments done by aliens to ascertain the effects of cross racial breeding. I could be wrong just an idea.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The fact that you have been avoiding addressing any of the real issues raised in the OP, and are now trying to derail the thread with personal, off topic attacks only proves how sensitive the issue really is.

I have not derailed this thread. I've never even attempted to derail this thread. If I wanted to derail the thread I would have just laughed at it and never commented in it. Making a joke or two does not put me into your little stereotyped de-railer box

1. Are a disproportionate number of UFO reports made by Caucasians?

I disagree with your assessment. I don't think just looking at raw numbers without some of the background details can be considered accurate. In my opinion there are factors which might inhibit a person from wanting to come forward and publicly tell their story.

Perhaps there is a disproportionate amount of reports by white males. But how many of those reports are easily explained or are an obvious hoax? Maybe "crazy" white guys are more willing to create a UFO hoax than other races might be. Maybe Caucasians already feel somewhat accepted in society for who they are and so they are less fearful of the repercussions and stigma associated with being an "abductee" or "UFO witness".

When you factor in some of these other variables you might account for the appearance of a racial bias. But that does not necessarily mean that an equal amount of witness encounters and abductee's exist. It only means that "crazy" whites guys are more willing to tell their story. While a person in a racial minority might not be willing to come forward or think that anyone would believe them.

2. Name one black Ufologist.

Here's a whole list of Ufologists.... Sorry they don't list what race they are but they do list the country they are from.

List of Ufologists

3. Why are the benevolent Space Brothers fair skinned blonds, and the evil aliens short and dark?

Do you mean why do some people tell stories and portray them as being blonde with pasty white skin? I don't what color hair or skin they might have. Because I have never met a benevolent Space Brother have you? I think the answer to this question is that it's due to the person telling the story.

Creative Edit >>> When some woman was putting her child to bed and the kid was scared of evil aliens coming to get them because they had just watched some scary movie. Well the quick thinking Mother made up a story about nice friendly aliens and that they are here to help and protect us. The child then falls fast asleep with a secure smile on it's face.

4. What is UFOlogy?

I think you're wasting space with this question... or maybe you just like to hear yourself type.

5. What does it mean to be a UFOlogist?

Why are you side stepping the question I asked you earlier? Are you or do you consider yourself to be a Ufologist? I think the examples you gave are quite obvious which person should be considered more qualified. But that doesn't apply in this case. Because , except for my bedtime story we're not talking about hypothetical 12 year old children are we.

6. What is the real basis of the "Ancient Astronaut" belief system?

What is the real basis for you calling a theory a "belief system". For a person to have opinions about what they see and hear in ancient stories, artifacts and Archeology and seek evidence to either support or disprove their theory. Does not mean that they have created an entire religious belief system based on their findings. I'm sure there are some non-objective extremist types in Ufology as there are in other fields of study.

edit on 12-12-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The aliens would only take higlhy evolved races.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What about the Betty and Barney Hill case?

Barney was black.

To be honest though, I can't really think of any other abductee claimants who are black.

I have black friends who have seen UFO's.

edit on 12-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
LMAO!

"Is aliens and UFOs racist?"

totally reminds me of a black guy. not racist. totally stereotypical.

no they aren't racist, look at UFOs in history. China, India, Africa, everywhere.

the only reason it seems like white people are the main show because you are paying attention to UFO cases in AMERICA, a country with a lot of a white people.

in fact it would make less sense if they didnt adbuct white people in the US.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well aliens made us and the first people were black so they know everything about black people probably. they made be studying the most subtle differences in the dna of white folk

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
reply to post by UberL33t

It was just a general terminology I used to start the thread. Obv a UFO can't be racist. Just wording I used to get it going.

Truth is we are very color blind and only see our own color mostly. It is so programmed in us, that you truly can't see how bad it really is. People use arguments such as yourself as "well there is BET" and "things aren't like they use to be," but truth is, things are just like they use to be.

Try this little experiment real quick. Turn your TV on, and just keep clicking the channels starting from the lowest and moving up by 1 channel, and do it for how long you like, but at least for 2 minutes. You can do it for hours, or forever, it's not going to change. When you click on each channel, the first face you see, say out loud "white, black, etc.." to whatever color they are. Don't stay on any channel for more than a second longer than you have to once you have seen the face before you click the channel to the next. Watch how color blind you actually are. I promise you when you start saying it out loud and recognizing how truly racists this society is, you will see why I am asking. For anyone that doubts me, just try it. It's an eye opener even if you won't admit it openly. Every movie you watch, every commercial, everything you see is white.

You don't watch the BET channel, but imagine what it must feel like to turn on the TV for an African American and see that. It would be like you turning on the TV and every single channel is BET, with the very small occasion of a white person being mixed in. Then be raised this way your whole life and see how you feel about us not being a racist society.

My questions were valid, not a "joke" or trying to go down a wrong path with it. I am just curious to see if this fits in with the rest of the way I see society as a whole.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

The allstate dude is black. I see black people in advertisements all the time. Sometimes I even notice commercials that try to fit in a lot of people from different races to be politically correct. Are you sure you're not just noticing more white people because there's more white people than black people?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Your right you weren't really thinking at all, and your an embarrassment to Vegas, UFO capital of the world

If I am really an embarrassment to "Vegas," you really have no idea how much of a compliment I read that as. Thank you. I have been an embarrassment to a lot better, as for Vegas, well this one I can hang on my arm like a badge.

Well maybe its because the Gods were white and they are truly ET
The God of the Jews, Muslim and Christians is a white guy... the ancient gods of Olympus were white, the Vedic gods were white (except for the blue guy) The Egyptian gods were white (except for the green guy) The Aryan invaders were white... the Aldebarrans that contacted the NAZI were white....the Natives call there god "The Great White Spirit"

So since the only ET we know about, the Gods of the Ancients, were white... well you get the idea

I do get the idea
I am just focused on this singular insertion point at the moment and listening to all ideas and arguments.

Nothing different from keeping a confirmed Hoax up about "Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food Storage Facility" to draw attention for a cause no? What that cause may be, I might never know, but sometimes you have to ask the wrong questions to get the correct information

I think it is sad that you can come into a thread and slander me by calling me an embarrassment though, and we both know what will happen to me if I was to share my thoughts on you. It's nice to be king

It's just about trying to swim through the correct information versus the disinformation with zero guidance and trying to figure out what the truth really is out there, no matter what the delivery system you use is in order to achieve that.

I am pretty honored that I was able to get someone such as yourself to come into the thread and post though. It must be an important topic to say the least then.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join