It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: 15 suspected al Qaeda members escape from Yemeni prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Officials: 15 suspected al Qaeda members escape from Yemeni prison

af.reuters.com

ADEN Dec 12 (Reuters) - At least 16 prisoners, including members of al Qaeda, escaped from a prison in the southern Yemeni city of Aden on Monday, Yemeni officials said.

A security official in the south of the country, where Islamist fighters have seized chunks of an entire province, said detainees fled by digging a tunnel leading beyond the prison's walls. Sixteen were at large, another local official said.

It was the second major jailbreak involving al Qaeda members since June, when dozens of al Qaeda militants escaped from a jail in another city, Mukalla.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It seems chaos keeps ensuing. Not sure who to believe, what to believe anymore when it comes to events over that way. We have Syria threatening it's people with bombardment once the 72 hours passes, now this.

I can't help but keep thinking that the US is going to get involved or that this is going to transpire further into what feels like incoming war. Who else feels like it's a matter of weeks, days, before the shat hits the fan?

af.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'd like to make a prediction that these will be the men who do whatever starts WW3. I'm not saying that they will do it, but they will be blamed. Probably won't happen but let's see

join