It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have information on a company called Global Research/Reach - Blackburn UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ok, I have a missed call from this number 01254 301578. So I google the number and I believe it belongs to an organisation called Global Research or Reach Global. However it seems the telephone number is for "reach global" a computer based company. Now I am an IT guy but I am very careful to whom I give out my number to. I am a litle confused about this company- who they are and what they do. I think iy maybe a front for an cyber inteligence group but I am not sure.

Telepest 01254301578

So I looked a little deeper and found this article on globalresearch.ca website

Global research

This obviously made be raise an eyebrow since I am a proud conspiracy theorist?
So my question is, am I just being paranoid or am I not?

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

TMW

edit on 12-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: Added info

edit on 12-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Ok, I have a missed call from this number 01254 301578. So I google the number and I believe it belongs to an organisation called Global Research or Reach Global. However it seems the telephone number is for "reach global" a computer based company. Now I am an IT guy but I am very careful to whom I give out my number to. I am a litle confused about this company- who they are and what they do. I think iy maybe a front for an cyber inteligence group but I am not sure.

Telepest 01245301578

So I looked a little deeper and found this article on globalresearch.ca website

Global research

This obviously made be raise an eyebrow since I am a proud conspiracy theorist?
So my question is, am I just being paranoid or am I not?

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

TMW

edit on 12-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: Added info

The highlighted number should be 01254

Just looked on who calls me and someone said it was Netmovers - they sell advertising space on websites apparently.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

Yeah, I noticed this but its incorrect, the number is actually for the office of Reach Global. However they are associated with Global Research.

Very weird.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Who's calling from 01254301578 (01254 301578)? - PhoneNotes.org

Area Code:
City/Country:
Blackburn, UK

May 24 2011, 3:30 pm Guest (United Kingdom)

It is Netmovers they sell advertising space on their website

Sep 22 2010, 5:45 pmfabi (United Kingdom)

This Netmovers space to sell ads on your site

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Now I am an IT guy but I am very careful to whom I give out my number to. I am a litle confused about this company- who they are and what they do. I think iy maybe a front for an cyber inteligence group but I am not sure.

Many of us don't readily give our contacts yet we still get spam mail and sales telephone calls - even after registering with Telephone Preference. Didn't you realise this? Furthermore the fact that you are not getting 'number withheld' suggests it is above board. Yes I think you are being paranoid.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You should be right being a bit cautious. Netmovers used to be .net and are now .uk. Online marketing is usually done by e-mail, I don't see why they should contacting by 'phone, that is usually a one way system in that you would call them. According to telepest, the number is okay, but secondhand.

www.telepest.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
how did you get the the link between reach global from blackburn, and gobal research? why do you think they are connected? just curious cos i cant find a connection. ( but i am crap at searching)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gillyp17

Check the telepest link, it states other companies assosiated with this include reach global and global research. Definately something weird going on here

new topics

top topics

join