It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by 31Bravo

edit on 13-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

It is only the USA who is capable of launching nukes destroying entire civilians cities and gets aways with it

edit on 12/13/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

So they used it. Thats when the Technology was perfected to end WWII.

Well next time you should volunteer your own family for such tests if you support such actions.
That would be the patriotic thing to do, amirite?

The US could have easily demonstrated the power of the bomb on a non-populated area.
Or at least used it on military targets. And lets not forget, the Japanese had already basically been basically defeated, and didnt need TWO cities to be atomized to get them to surrender.

That was not a test and you know it. Ofcourse I wouldn't volunteer my family for a TEST. I agree that it destroyed a huge number of japanese citizens. However lets not mix the past events with what might occur in the future. If a nuke does happen to go off in the vicinity, there is nothing I can do about it. The world has changed a lot since then. A nuclear war now will definitely wipe out several countries that possess the technology. True it could have been demonstrated on a non-populated area but how efficiently and quickly could they have publicized or spread the footage to every single nationalistic military commanders of Imperial Japan especially when the death toll rising from combat on both sides (US and Japan)? I'm sure many Imperial commanders would have probably discarded as special effects of photography and possibly a bluff by discarding the message since deception was just as integral part of the Military Strategy for many countries during WWII.

Something we will never know if indeed the Japanese had basically been defeated or were planning for a comeback (if not the emperor but his military commanders).
edit on 13-12-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I worked for a company who made parts for goverment aircrafts, all I can tell you is that they will not find anything on this drone, this drone is empty of all important information, and its mostly a reformated computer if the army didnt fried the electronics as soon it lost control and crashed. They can do this via satellite, (international celular towers), ham radio frequencies etc. All it takes is that a receiver is still working inside the aircraft, and they have several receivers with several backup batteries, and they will not be easilly accessible either.

Do you think the usa is not tracking the location of this drone? ofcourse they are. This was planned.
edit on 13-12-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by longtermproject

This site has been infiltrated by liberals and morons IMO.. I think hijacked would be a better word instead of infiltrated. Members like spreading their disgust rather than their critical thinking skills.. im not sure if its age or what. Enough to where I've considered leaving.. every post that has America in it is anti American.
edit on 13-12-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

Agreed my friend.... I have contemplated leaving as well.... these people don't realize that they have taken their right to free speech so far beyond what the founding fathers intended, that it would make them puke.

Originally posted by Godofgamblers

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by longtermproject

This site has been infiltrated by liberals and morons IMO.. I think hijacked would be a better word instead of infiltrated. Members like spreading their disgust rather than their critical thinking skills.. im not sure if its age or what. Enough to where I've considered leaving.. every post that has America in it is anti American.

You know what?
You're so right!
When I first started lurking here years ago, I really didn't see all the Anti-American ,Anti-Christian sort of posts that have fully blossomed recently. SO I decided to join and throw my 2 cents in. I could hardly stand all the ranting about how bad America is and how evil the police are, or how Christians are idiots and there is no God because Stephen Hawking says so.
Looks like this place has completely gone down hill with the influx of leftist nut jobs. Honestly I think it's a ploy
to corrupt the site and drive sensible people from talking about stuff that may hit a little close to home for some of the elite.

Stephen Hawking is a smart guy, but is so blinded by the spotlight on him because of his theories, that he spouts off mindless garbage, and people take it as fact...

Originally posted by longtermproject

Yep. Agreed.

Off lately with more and more people around the world jumping on the Internet and Google displaying the results of ATS threads, there are several such characters desperately trying through their keyboard to convince the half a$$ truth that they know to the American Citizens themselves. I say we're doing a heck of a job if the rest of the world is talking and spending so much time on this board (its like everyoen gossiping about the celebrities). If someone is doing their job, its bound to make some noise (good or bad). I wouldnt' pay attention as we keep doing our duty (most of it the politically correct way) and someday the results will follow (as my signature indicates).

Sometimes I even wonder if a person from UK is really a true BRIT or an immigrant. Lets not forget there are citizens from several of the anti-american countries all over the world and most of them are often reflecting the incompetentence of their home country by criticising the Western Military Tech/Gadgets/Gizmos and/or the Political & Military System by linking them to the US Civilian populus.

Agreed... its sad, that the majority of the people on this site are KEYBOARD WARRIORS .....

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
First no one seems to realise that the said drone is obviously an UFO type vehicle ? Here we have it. The proof that levitation is real and thus that super or even hyper luminal speed is possible. Thus interstellar travel too. Here is the hard evidence. A nuts and bolts real UFO. Well done Iran. You're doing us all a favour. Long live the Iranian Revolution. Allah Akbar. Secondly no one seems to realise it, but is it possible that the drone landed safely not because the Iranians took control of it, but rather that some one who works at the control centre in the USA knowingly landed it ? It would appear that Bradley Manning is not the only insider "working for the enemy" ? I liken this turn around to the case during the Korean War in 1953 where in a Russian fighter pilot flew his Mig-15 to a South Korean base, thus giving the USA hands on access to the, at the time incredible, cutting edge technology contained in the Mig-15's that were winning and did win the conflict.

Ummm, this thing takes off normally, lands normally, and is only stealthy due to the coating, and the common flying wing shape.... It does not fly fast, it does not even have attack capability currently... it is a spy UAV, that is able to fly on its own, or with help from the ground. This UAV also used 95% off the shelf parts. so its really not that big of deal that they have it... the only stuff they want is what they wont get

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My guess: Intentional Trojan Horse. US let them have it as BAIT so they would be able to say they could "Hack our drones". This drone had most if not all really sensitive tech removed and replaced with less classified good-enough technology. The drone was soft landed as a "gift" to Iran and allies to try to copy or "seek vulnurabilities", and made relitively easy to hack on purpose.

The real purpose, TPTB will use the excuse of hacked drone to say "HEADLINE! Iran equipped hijacked stealth drone with TACTICAL NUKE- NEW YORK CITY was destroyed, MILLIONS DEAD" for the planned death of the dollar by 3rd party actor.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

Yeah but it wasn't disposed of, now they have a piece of technology fully intact.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

I'd like to see you laughing when a squadron of your top of the range fighters go to Iran and don't return.

Because that's the implications of Iran detecting and downing this Stealth Drone.

Have a good day

lol yeah, you wanna know what is even funnier? They downed the plane with no damage.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sabre rattling again

The same Iran notorious for propaganda

This is just more propaganda and PR coming from Iran, they have a bad track record when it comes to these kinds of claims. They bragged how they had nukes blah blah, of course Iran had to know Israel and the US would start to keep Iran under a microscope. This is a case of psychological warfare of sorts. One of the main principals is warfare is you do not want your enemy to know what you know. So you create propaganda... you bluff. Another thing is Iran claiming to decode the drones software in such a brief matter of time... Im not buying it.

There is a story about a craft of advanced technology crashing in a desert somewhere in New Mexico. The US kept this story a secret or well they tried. And it took decades to back engineer this craft, so far ahead of the technology of that era most scientists could not begin to comprehend or even wrap their heads around it.

Of course the US knew the risk of losing the drone. Like someone said it would not have been airborne in Iranian airspace if it was a issue of national security. This drone is not the best toy the US has in it's arsenal. They dont put the real good stuff to use years even decades before production. This drone is high tech but a Model T in comparison to the Ferrari sitting in some hangar at Area 51 S-4. I can see the Military wanting to give Iran a pile of junk so Iran would waste money and resources on yesterdays last decades secret tech. In turn tracking the drones coordinates leading to Irans Area 51. Some military brass very high up is probably laughing hysterically at Iran.

Just sayin

edit on 13-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Do you think the usa is not tracking the location of this drone? ofcourse they are. This was planned.
edit on 13-12-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

BINGO!

It's quite a genius plan actually, Iran you are so predictable

what the drone really looks like

edit on 13-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I still dont get it, Obama looks bemused when he says, 'we asked for it back' like he was taking the pee. Then heaps of speculation.

There is just so little coming out from the US on this and that smells. Sun Tsu said the art of warfare is deception (or something like that). This just seems like a massive deceipt.

It looks like the aircraft doesnt have its stealth coating, that looks like primer. If they were so concerned about it, surely rather than let Iran have it they would have blown it up.

Now you see America saying Obama was given 3 options but he refused all 3 - why? Stage managed to make it look like they really care.

It stinks. I dont think this is over yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't think the drone contains anything of interest anymore, i believe the people who say there are ways to remotely destroy the data in it, makes sense if you think about it.

And the US is asking for the drone back simply because it would look "weird" if they'd say..well..let them have it, we don't care. Pride would simply dictate to demand the drone back..and on the other hand the Iranians pride is justified also to keep the drone. It's just stupid games where two nations behave like children.

Overall, i think it rather benefits Iran since they use the drone for their stupid propaganda, just look at that US flag with the skulls on it. Whether there is any information in the drone might be irrelevant for them as long as it serves their propaganda purpose well.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by 31Bravo

It's not terrorist activities when you capture someone who overthrew ur governmet.

Oh ok so what you're saying is two wrongs = a right? Garbage.. How about Iran be apart of the solution instead of furthering the problem. By the way, we helped create turmoil in the Iranian government because they were becoming closely tied to Russia.. hmm kinda sounds like today.

USA has been involved in more terrorist acts than all other countries combined. So once again answer the question would you let china take over the us government?

Ah spoken like a true conspiracy theorist.. want to provide a link or source (ah-ah.. a credible one not an Alex Jones article) to back up that statement? As far as China taking over.. No, I wouldn't like it. The U.S. isn't trying to take over Iran.. I've been over there twice, it is not a paradise. If you like sand and disease that's the place for you.. America's evil agenda is in oil.

Please give a link or source to your supposed terrorist activity that you speak of

Too easy..

The Iran hostage crisis was a diplomatic crisis between Iran and the United States where 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981, after a group of Islamist students and militants took over the American Embassy in Tehran in support of the Iranian Revolution.

Iran hostage crisis

Would you like more?

Also you call irans actions terrorist when all they are doing is trying to get rid of CIA and their factions operating there.
edit on 13-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I called Irans secret involvement of the lives of British, U.S., and other NATO forces in Afghanistan and Iraq terrorist
not to mention cowardly.. they paid poor farmer local nationals of these places to bury the bombs for them.. I lost a lot of brothers from different countries because of them.

BACK TO ORIGINAL TOPIC

I'm glad that the U.S. is smart enough to monitor Iran's Uranium enrichment plans, and facilities.. the world needs to know what their plans really are. That is if this isn't planned.. seems pretty convenient that it landed without crashing, or returning to base. All that smart technology and it does dumb things
hmmmm

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I'd like to see you laughing when a squadron of your top of the range fighters go to Iran and don't return.

Because that's the implications of Iran detecting and downing this Stealth Drone.

Have a good day

I hope you enjoy making up these fantasies. I will be here if such an attack occurs, and something tells me you will be here too, whining at how bad the west is for attacking Iran.

Laugh all you can now because you will have alot of whining to do in the future. ;P

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by DoubleDNH

First of all Iran has never stated they want to erase Israel. Secondly israel is not an ally. They get us to do their dirty work for them are actively spying in the USA and shot up the USs liberty and killed lots of American people. Even if they did destroy Israel I as an American do not care and neither should you. Who do u care more about American lives or Israeli? Watch this video

www.youtube.com...

REALLY??? heres just two examples of what you claim Iran never said.
www.nytimes.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by archangel2012

reply to post by DoubleDNH

First of all Iran has never stated they want to erase Israel. Secondly israel is not an ally. They get us to do their dirty work for them are actively spying in the USA and shot up the USs liberty and killed lots of American people. Even if they did destroy Israel I as an American do not care and neither should you. Who do u care more about American lives or Israeli? Watch this video

www.youtube.com...

REALLY??? heres just two examples of what you claim Iran never said.
www.nytimes.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

doh!!! heres another tidbit
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I am wondering if its along the lines of a white elephant.

They waste precious money and resources to develope drones to find they don't work...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69
I see 2 scenarios here:

1. The Iranians with help from the chinese and/or russians managed to crack the coding of the data transfer from the central command through the sattelite to the drone, or even worst, infiltrated the encryped communications of the US military. This scenario is pretty bad, that means that all US military technology just became vulnarable to all it's enemies....

2. The US deliberatly gave control of the drone, they were expected that the drone would be copied by the iranians/chinese/russians and in this way they gain access to their system since they know the flaws in the US system or the flaws that they deliberatly created.

Both scenarios are pretty bad in my opinion. in the first scenario, you can imagine what the blow to the US would be if Iran can take control of the military equipment... more so... one of the most HiTech equipment... in the second scenario they are anticipating a major conflict and sounds like they want to take control of the enemy
) well you guys decide what's the best option

I very much doubt option 2 will ever happen.
Iran isn't that stupid to let a virus out onto it's systems when they'll be very carefully, with foreign experts, picking apart the drone to prevent this happening...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
nakedsecurity.sophos.com... alware-compromises-usaf-predator-drone-computer-systems/

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Have a good day

I hope you enjoy making up these fantasies. I will be here if such an attack occurs, and something tells me you will be here too, whining at how bad the west is for attacking Iran.

Laugh all you can now because you will have alot of whining to do in the future. ;P

You pretty much advertise your position with a nickname like "IsraeliGuy". Being an Israeli and announcing it is a political act because it advocates for the usurption of someone else's home. Further still, Israel has been advocating for the destruction of Iran for a decade because of its "existential fears".

The Iranian have been doing all they can to protect themselves from the American-Israelo axis and one such effort has led to the downing of the Sentinal.

The good news is that once the Iranians back engineer the drone, they could sustain a fleet that could be used to target war criminals in the West and its enclave in the Middle East.

As for decoding the data on the drone, I think Iran did that a long time ago and learnt how land the it with the use of malware and keyloggers it installed on American drones.

Remember this;

Malware compromises USAF Predator drone computer systems

nakedsecurity.sophos.com... alware-compromises-usaf-predator-drone-computer-systems/
edit on 14-12-2011 by Helixer because: Grammar sp

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helixer

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Have a good day

You pretty much advertise your position with a nickname like "IsraeliGuy". Being an Israeli and announcing it is a political act because it advocates for the usurption of someone else's home. Further still, Israel has been advocating for the destruction of Iran for a decade because of its "existential fears".

The Iranian have been doing all they can to protect themselves from the American-Israelo axis and one such effort has led to the downing of the Sentinal.

The good news is that once the Iranians back engineer the drone, they could sustain a fleet that could be used to target war criminals in the West and its enclave in the Middle East.

As for decoding the data on the drone, I think Iran did that a long time ago and learnt how land the it with the use of malware and keyloggers it installed on American drones.

Remember this;

Malware compromises USAF Predator drone computer systems

edit on 14-12-2011 by Helixer because: Grammar sp

you do realize that the malware that was on these systems was designed to get peoples credit card numbers right? The send to address on the malware was dealt with, and the malware never stood a chance of affecting the hardware in any way.... its kind of like installing mac software on a pc... it won't do anything, because there is nothing to tell the program how to work with that hardware....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Taking hostages is not a terrorist act when it was done because the USA specifically did the 1953 coup, if the Chinese came and tried to overthrow anyone I had voted for I would be taking those people hostage too.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

They stated they want to erase the Zionist regime , not Israel itself. Totally two different things. Now please show me where Iran stated they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. You still have not provided any evidence of this. Also I'd you are American why are you worried about Israel do much? Are you a traitor

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join