It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by hp1229

obviously you didnt read far enough to see who authored the post

i expected that from you thats why i chose a post with pictures

edit on 13-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Danbones because: added peacefull smiley

I guess not.

Your response didn't include Danbones so thus the confusion.

Acknowledged.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

why did obama ask for the drone back then

Obama Confirms Asking Iran for Drone Back

news.antiwar.com...

you haven't read the thread have you?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

you are quite welcome to back your empty rhetoric up with references ala deny ignorance
but
the best you can do is trite
trite =defeat

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Its a drone, who the hell cares?
It was meant to be disposable.

take it like this. You are a kid, you go and buy the best radio controlled boat money can buy, no other kids on the block have ever seen one like yours. Then the bully of the block comes with a remote and hijacks you boat, takes it to the other shore and goes home with it. would you like it?

A proper analogy would be a bully turns up with the best radio controlled car money can buy. The bully runs the car into a little brown kid's living room and tears up the carpet and terrorises the pets.

The little brown boy is clever, but the bully has caused the neighbours to turn on him. The little brown kid will not tolerate the violation of the sanctity of his home and builds an amazing remote control from his old toys and captures the bully's fancy remote control car and humiliates the bully.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Disposable drone worth a few million in tax payers dollars? Not very disposable in my mind... We care because the iran military just got a new toy far more advanced than anything they already have. Now they say they will back engineer it... This is a serious problem. Sad you don't see it...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

So they reverse engineer this dronel God help us! It won't be long before we has Iranian drones flying in our country but lucky for us, they won't make it far without getting blown to smitherings. But other countries won't be that lucky and they will take advantage of it.Anyone else this could led to the bombing of Iran?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-12-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

The whole event smells like a theatrical production to manufacture an excuse to invade Iran.

A $6 million drone "malfunctions"?? I doubt it. I am sure the engineering on those things is a little more advanced than that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

you are quite welcome to back your empty rhetoric up with references ala deny ignorance
but
the best you can do is trite
trite =defeat

Empty Rhetoric? Where? Back your viewpoint first with a appropriate quotation followed by explanation.

First of all, I thought you had not included complete information so I acknowledged thinking it was a confusion in responding to the wrong person.
Second, this is not a game to win or lose. Its a discussion forum. If you do not like my opinions then thats just fine. I'm not going to sit here and convince the world.
Third, instead of typing short incoherant sentences, type exactly what you wish to discuss.

edit on 13-12-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

There isn't many secrets to decode we left all of our top secret tech off of the drones for this purpose. Here ya go, Muzzleflash put it pretty good in his post in another thread. Sorry if this bursts your bubble.

Come on do you really think we are that dumb?

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Here is a link to some info: RQ-170 Sentinel wiki

Aviation Week postulates that these elements suggest the designers have avoided 'highly sensitive technologies' due to the near certainty of eventual operational loss inherent with a single engine design and a desire to avoid the risk of compromising leading edge technology.

I guess that means Iran won't have any cool stuff to back-engineer or sell from this take-down.
Maybe the AESA radar, but I somewhat doubt even that much.
Oh well.

edit on 4-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

-Alien

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First no one seems to realise that the said drone is obviously an UFO type vehicle ? Here we have it. The proof that levitation is real and thus that super or even hyper luminal speed is possible. Thus interstellar travel too. Here is the hard evidence. A nuts and bolts real UFO. Well done Iran. You're doing us all a favour. Long live the Iranian Revolution. Allah Akbar. Secondly no one seems to realise it, but is it possible that the drone landed safely not because the Iranians took control of it, but rather that some one who works at the control centre in the USA knowingly landed it ? It would appear that Bradley Manning is not the only insider "working for the enemy" ? I liken this turn around to the case during the Korean War in 1953 where in a Russian fighter pilot flew his Mig-15 to a South Korean base, thus giving the USA hands on access to the, at the time incredible, cutting edge technology contained in the Mig-15's that were winning and did win the conflict.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 13/12/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980

Disposable drone worth a few million in tax payers dollars? Not very disposable in my mind...

Do you remember a B-2 bellyflopping and landing smack dab in the middle of a US Air Force Air Field.......and sitting there and burning for 6 straight hours....and the local civilian Fire Department had to be called to come and put it out?

+1$ Billion was disposable.

The +1$ Billion Port Royal Guided Missile ship being driven straight up a coral reef, beaching it......

We throw BILLIONS away every single.....well month really.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think alot of people dont realize that "stealth" technology has been compromised since an F111 stealth got shot down over Bosnia, im sure advancements have been made but the "groundbreaking" tech is what was stolen once this plane was put under the microscope. You have to think, with the OBL raid that stealth helo that was salvaged also had the stealth materials. Stealth tech as we know it is really old news....tech from the 70s. You may also have to consider that these drones were designed to be used for missions where there is a greater chance of being shot down, and in that case it may not be the best idea to put all your best tech in one item.

This is another one of those fishy stories that dont make alot of sence.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'd be more concerned if someone stole my disposable camera.

Let them have it. Besides, if we shot down an Iranian drone above our territory, you know damn well we'd never give it back.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Some people seem to be missing the point here:

Lawmaker Parviz Sorouri, from the parliament's national security and foreign policy committee, says the extracted information will be used to file a lawsuit against the U.S. for the "invasion" by the unmanned aircraft.

Iran wants to use this drone as evidence for a lawsuit.
As in the US has conducted illegal activities.
There is no mention of retaliatory attacks as in declaring war.
Yet thats what many people are focusing on. Sorry, but at some point it must be acknowledged that brainwashing has effectively occurred.

US citizens should join Iran in suing the USGOV for conducting illegal operations.
Or at least be outraged and call for investigations and get these activities to stop.

But maybe US citizens assume some sort of "right" that they get to do these type of things to other
countries?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Where in that dilectible diatribe is here a reference to anything approaching verification for anything you have previously stated here on this thread?

that was my simple request

I simply stated the obvious to spur you to reach above the the typical postal dross to motivate you to actually get of the bench and get in the game...

Deny ignorance eh wot?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

F111 or F117?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Where in that dilectible diatribe is here a reference to anything approaching verification for anything you have previously stated here on this thread?
that was my simple request
I simply stated the obvious to spur you to reach above the the typical postal dross to motivate you to actually get of the bench and get in the game...
Deny ignorance eh wot?

Nevermind.

Lets continue with the discussion.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by 31Bravo

edit on 13-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

It is only the USA who is capable of launching nukes destroying entire civilians cities and gets aways with it

edit on 12/13/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

So they used it. Thats when the Technology was perfected to end WWII.

Well next time you should volunteer your own family for such tests if you support such actions.
That would be the patriotic thing to do, amirite?

The US could have easily demonstrated the power of the bomb on a non-populated area.
Or at least used it on military targets. And lets not forget, the Japanese had already basically been basically defeated, and didnt need TWO cities to be atomized to get them to surrender.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi,
I'd like to throw some of my .02 cents in on this subject...first:

It is of my professional and experienced position that Iran did NOT shoot, nor Hijack this UAV down. I say professional and experienced because I have actually worked on, installed and implemented some of the technology used in these aircrafts.

First, Tactical Common Data Link, BAE Systems, better known as TCDL is almost certainly the link the Military is using to communicate to these drones. I personally installed a prototype of this technology on HH-60H Seahawks during a western pacific deployment. I have seen how they operate, how secure they are, and how extremely complex they are. TCDL would be EXTREEMLY difficult to exploit by an agressor. Furthermore, even if they could hijack the encrypted signal - they would not possess the require Flight software to interface with the drone.

Secondly, as many have pointed out - if they had shot down the drone, there would be alot more damage than what we see there. This particular drone, the RQ-170 Sentinel is pretty small. Given it's small wingspan, onboard electronics and surviellance equipment, I can logically infer that the airframe is most likely made out of light weight composites, which would literally disintegrate if the structural integrity of the aircraft was ruptured by being shot at. What we see in the Iran video is an almost (expect for the bottom we can't see) intact airframe.

So that rules out the two senarios they have claimed thus far (that they "hacked the drone" and that they "shot it down"). Upon further analysis, you can see that the drones color is all wrong. If indeed it's mission was one of stealth (which is debatable right now) then you would definately NOT see rounded edges on the airframe. The entire point of stealth technology is absorption and deflection - hence dark paint and hard edges. Neither of which are present on this particular drone.

Furthermore, proof has been presented in other threads about this subject that the USAF and CIA have indeed shot down other drones (notably one case about the MQ-9 Reaper I believe which costs about 5 times as much as the Sentinel at about 50 million per) that they lost control of before it fell into enemy airspace.

This leads me to one of two conclusions:

1.) The CIA intentionally landed the Drone in Iran to see what they would do with it, and/or other reasons we do not know.

OR:

2.) The drone had some internal malfunction and crashed. Iran found the crash site, probably were able to identify it as a drone - and then built a mock up for propaganda reasons.

What I can tell you with almost certainty is that Iran did not shoot down this drone, nor did they hijack it with Electronic Countermeasures. I have 13 years in Naval Aviation and Electronics, working with aircrafts and with prototype avionics. I think I'm fairly qualified to make an informed judgement

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

There were about 4 choices the USA had with the drone once the Iranians got control of it. They didn't use any of them. You really think they didn't want Iran to have this for some reason unknown to us, come on.
edit on 13-12-2011 by cocolopez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Hold on for a moment.

A theocratic nation that things God himself will come to rescue them is claiming to have decoded a US drone in a matter of days, and claims it can reproduce it.

Ha.

And a ho ho ho to you too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join