It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
sorry i didnt read every post...

256 bit AES encryption is so ridiculously encrypted that it would take a century to decode without someone on the inside....
and it is changed on a very regular basis (cant disclose how often)

AES wiki page

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 13-12-2011 by kobewan69 because: nevermind

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Originally posted by kobewan69

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Its a drone, who the hell cares?
It was meant to be disposable.

take it like this. You are a kid, you go and buy the best radio controlled boat money can buy, no other kids on the block have ever seen one like yours. Then the bully of the block comes with a remote and hijacks you boat, takes it to the other shore and goes home with it. would you like it?

what a stupid thing to say, sorry for my honesty but seriously!

No you wouldn't like it but read my post above! This is not the same as a bully stealing from a kid, this could potential put lives in danger or invade privacy.

To add to what i said above, what if it runs out of what ever is keeping it up, whatever it may be, gas, batteries, where is it going to land, what or better yet who might it hit on the way down.

Unless the country as to of which you are sending military equipment into has given you permission to enter the country (in this case iran) then and only then may you enter and if you break this law then LEGAL action will have to be taken against this ILLEGAL crime!!!

Full support to Iran on this one, And NO, i am English!!!

Put the shoe on the other foot.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

yeah ok.. a sympathizser for terrorists.. thats your choice.. and if someone gets hit by it on the way down?? well that the way it goes..could be alot worse.. it could have been falling with a bomb on it. like a nuke?.. and lie "IRAN" I suppose you think the holocost was B.S. as well?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran claims its experts are in the final stages of recovering data from the U.S. surveillance drone captured by Iranian armed forces.

Lawmaker Parviz Sorouri, from the parliament's national security and foreign policy committee, says the extracted information will be used to file a lawsuit against the U.S. for the "invasion" by the unmanned aircraft.

Sorouri also says Iran has the capability to reproduce the drone through reverse engineering. He didn't elaborate. His remarks were carried by state TV on Monday.

The TV broadcast a video on Thursday of Iranian m
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-12-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

There is a possibility it happened just the way it was supposed to. I find it hard to believe that the U>S> with all the cutting edge technology... would not install a self destruct on this high tech.. top secret drone..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Originally posted by longtermproject
Just something so you guys know.... yes they have the drone.... no they cannot hack the classified part of the electronics... it would require something similar to a time attack done on a specific chip on the board.... which would be inside a case that is not only water tight, but also glued using a minimum of 2216 epoxy, or maybe the even stronger epoxies that they usually used on classified stuff (I don't know the name, since we were never allowed to know what it was)

If they attempted to power this board, without having the proper pins hooked up, they instantly corrupted the classified data... END OF STORY.... yes we want it back, but no, we DO NOT EXPECT TO GET IT BACK.

I worked with several people who got to work on classified stuff, and the stuff I was doing was considered over-kill.... they laughed when they saw my stuff, because as they claim, it was 3x more over-kill than mine.

To those of you that don't believe that air-planes, or drones have self destruct units on them..... you are wrong if your talking "Black sector" Its easy enough to look up Gary Powers crash of the U2.... he would have self destructed the spy plane, had he not gotten scared while plummeting to Earth with his air-hose caught..... He felt that he didn't have enough time to get clear of the plane before it blew up, so he escaped without triggering it. It is very clearly documented, so don't just take my word for it... look it up.

How do you know all of this? You say you have worked with people who work on classified stuff, but that does not mean this specific drone. Unless you were one of the people who designed the electronics, you can't say with any certainty that it can't be hacked. Even the designers would be lying if they said there was no way for it to be hacked. Anything can be hacked with enough expertise.

Its called don't fix what isn't broke.... I can't say with 100% certainty that it is the same as the past... but if they use the tech for satellites (which is what my company mostly worked on) then, my guess is they would have that tech. at minimum. The corruption of the data with improper setup is something that ALL classified military hardware has... that is a guarantee.... Is there a chance that China could decode it... sure... they have broken into enough of the U.S. servers to probably have the methods... but I am putting my money on the Iranian's being greedy enough to have tried it themselves in the first place and screwed it up already. I never wanted to work on the classified stuff at the company I worked for, because it required 3x the dedication to the job, and would pretty much guarantee working 7 days a week.... With my kids being little, that just wouldn't have worked for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
As a former member of the US Air Force (Guidance & Control Tech), I can almost guarantee you that the electronics internally are destroyed unless there was a) a severe technical glitch or b) intentional acts to get it into the hands of Iran. I have flown on numerous airframes and every single one of them have controls and mechanisms in place to destroy the electronics. That being said, I am surprised at all the anti-American sentiment here around this situation in particular. You do realize that Iran has threatened to erase one of our staunchest Middle Eastern allies from existence and has actively participated in the capture and detainment of American civilians.

If these actions do not warrant some intelligence gathering, what does? Were you against the US sending U-2's over Russia a couple decades ago? I appreciate a lot of the discussions that are started on these boards but damn, you would think we were the Soviet Union or North Korea if you listen to many of the posters on here...

It's sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

i thought they sold it to china already

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Originally posted by kobewan69

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Its a drone, who the hell cares?
It was meant to be disposable.

take it like this. You are a kid, you go and buy the best radio controlled boat money can buy, no other kids on the block have ever seen one like yours. Then the bully of the block comes with a remote and hijacks you boat, takes it to the other shore and goes home with it. would you like it?

what a stupid thing to say, sorry for my honesty but seriously!

No you wouldn't like it but read my post above! This is not the same as a bully stealing from a kid, this could potential put lives in danger or invade privacy.

To add to what i said above, what if it runs out of what ever is keeping it up, whatever it may be, gas, batteries, where is it going to land, what or better yet who might it hit on the way down.

Unless the country as to of which you are sending military equipment into has given you permission to enter the country (in this case iran) then and only then may you enter and if you break this law then LEGAL action will have to be taken against this ILLEGAL crime!!!

Full support to Iran on this one, And NO, i am English!!!

Put the shoe on the other foot.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

I haven't even gotten 1/4 into this thread and I read your posts.. ridiculous. You support a historically habitual offender in terroristic activity? Just how far is your head inside your fourth point of contact?

Im aware the U.S. is far from perfect, but Iran should be monitored.. it sucks they found out but that's just the way it happened. To make a comment in support of the nation clearly trying to create more death and destruction (not to mention the involvement of IED's that killed your countrymen is beyond me.. god forbid Iran strikes your home.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

why is everything zoomed in and bold? lolololol

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH
As a former member of the US Air Force (Guidance & Control Tech), I can almost guarantee you that the electronics internally are destroyed unless there was a) a severe technical glitch or b) intentional acts to get it into the hands of Iran. I have flown on numerous airframes and every single one of them have controls and mechanisms in place to destroy the electronics. That being said, I am surprised at all the anti-American sentiment here around this situation in particular. You do realize that Iran has threatened to erase one of our staunchest Middle Eastern allies from existence and has actively participated in the capture and detainment of American civilians.

If these actions do not warrant some intelligence gathering, what does? Were you against the US sending U-2's over Russia a couple decades ago? I appreciate a lot of the discussions that are started on these boards but damn, you would think we were the Soviet Union or North Korea if you listen to many of the posters on here...

It's sad.

I don't know how long you have been on here... but a good 90% of this board is anti-American everything.... they like to act like everyone in America is responsible for the President and his cabinets actions.... Thank God, in reality, WE ARE NOT.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

What is? Im using my DROID to post because I am at college in between classes.. so I don't know.

ETA: looks fine to me.. but if its showing up like that on your PC oh well

edit on 13-12-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDNH

I'm normally pretty anti-empire when it comes to US foreign policy, but I have to agree with you here. Do we really want to take the Iran at their word about nuclear weapons, and wait for confirmation to the contrary when they begin strikes on Israel?

I'm pretty sure that most foreign intelligence gathering is illegal. It seems like sniping to say that we should obey international law, when almost every major nation has been in constant violation of those same laws since, well, the invention of spies. Also, when a nation goes on record as saying "...we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionists" (That was Ahmadinejad in '06) I don't think the best policy would be to ignore them while they develop nuclear technology. Should we take them at their word, and wait for the tactical nuke strike on Israel to confirm our suspicions?

That said, I'm currently watching a commercial for the commemorative gold coin with the Twin Towers on one side and Seal Team 6 on the back with the motto "you can run but you cannot hide" celebrating the execution of Bin Laden. I think that a lot of the anti-US sentiment is a reaction to the "wild west" mentality that accompanies our celebration of an aggressive foreign policy. Quite a few of us see the execution of Bin Laden as necessary, but not something to celebrate with a stocking stuffer for our kids. It's easy to have an emotional response to that, get disgusted, and confuse that emotional response with a valid criticism on our foreign policy.

I just wish it wasn't such a diplomatic game. Iran says they can enrich to 100% and they want to destroy Zionism, but not Israel...but they aren't developing nukes. We lie about spying, lose a drone, and might even be lying about that, since we may have "lost" it on purpose. They lie about reverse engineering our drones. They claim that they're filing a lawsuit everyone knows won't accomplish anything. We ask for it back, knowing we won't get it. Next, they'll threaten to reduce cooperation regarding disclosure of their nuke program, even though everyone assumes they're not cooperating already. We'll undoubtedly respond with an embargo on Kebabs, and Iran will threaten our coast with a single aircraft carrier which is 6000 miles away again.

It's exhausting.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Jiggyfly because: Misattributed quote

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

This site has been infiltrated by liberals and morons IMO.. I think hijacked would be a better word instead of infiltrated. Members like spreading their disgust rather than their critical thinking skills.. im not sure if its age or what. Enough to where I've considered leaving.. every post that has America in it is anti American.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Aww, Obama has asked for his drone back

edit on 12-12-2011 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

My God. What a little spineless twerp.
Can we please have our country back Obama?
There. I asked nicely.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by longtermproject

This site has been infiltrated by liberals and morons IMO.. I think hijacked would be a better word instead of infiltrated. Members like spreading their disgust rather than their critical thinking skills.. im not sure if its age or what. Enough to where I've considered leaving.. every post that has America in it is anti American.

You know what?
You're so right!
When I first started lurking here years ago, I really didn't see all the Anti-American ,Anti-Christian sort of posts that have fully blossomed recently. SO I decided to join and throw my 2 cents in. I could hardly stand all the ranting about how bad America is and how evil the police are, or how Christians are idiots and there is no God because Stephen Hawking says so.
Looks like this place has completely gone down hill with the influx of leftist nut jobs. Honestly I think it's a ploy
to corrupt the site and drive sensible people from talking about stuff that may hit a little close to home for some of the elite.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Western tech? You know most graduate students in the USA are Chinese? Owned

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

yea.. -FAL (same as FML except replace My with America's)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

Are you a machine or what mate? Who's been issuing the threat's to Iran's sovereignty for the last 11 years and more. Get real with your logic mate.

Iran, had no hand in attacking your country on 9/11! Fact one, But your former idiot of a president "Bush" somehow believed they were behind it, and blacklisted Iran, to the so called axis of evil.

The only tyrant on the block is the United States!! Whats worrying is their too big and powerful to stop. and no other country is willing to really step up to the plate and call them out on their rhetorical surreal bull#!!

Do you honestly believe rich republicans care about the young lower class men and women who've died at war? Look, they couldn't give too #s,mate!!

Its not anti-US feeling we have mate. Close to 3,000 died on 9/11- but how many innocent people have died in Iraq and elsewhere due to payback, and revenge attacks by the US military going horribly wrong? Were's the Justice for these people?

American are up their holes with their nationalistic bull#. Never forget this is sort of crap what started Hitlers Germany!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They just want an apology:

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

You have no idea what you're talking about. Iran has been taking American hostages since the 80's.. it was Iran that started anti American sentiment among its people. Brush up on your history because you sound like a sympathizer. I hate Bush.. but you know what? Amahdinejad has EVERYTHING to with terrorist support. Show me a country that doesn't indulge in hipocracy. I hope that we sort our government out and elect someone like Ron Paul who will not lend a hand to anyone, ignore everyone elsewhere problems but our own and let you ingrates rot.. you'll hate us either way so we could concentrate on our own nations prosperity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join