It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfidel

Iranian buffoons cant even move a warhead around a parking lot without it going BOOM BOOM.

This didn't happen just once, but it happened twice, and I would bet it was all planned out all along.

If your satellite sees an Iranian moving a bomb around in a parking lot you could use a infrared laser/microwave energy and heat that bomb up so it goes BOOM in his hands.

Saddam Hussein had a chemical warhead go BOOM in his military's hands as they were moving it. Killed everyone within a 2 miles radius.

China's been zapped as well and now you can find pictures on their Defense Web Site showing their troops now have special clothing to wear to protect them from Directed Energy weapons. Thus why they dug so much underground to move their assets around.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As for Iran filing a lawsuit over this Drone entering their airspace.....

Iran filed a protest at the Chemical Weapons Convention over us BOMBING the chemical weapons bunkers in Iraq, and releasing those gases into the atmosphere.

Those chemical weapons were declared to the Convention, and inspected by the Convention.

We kinda broke the Treaty as Iran claims, they were not "safely" disposed of. Plus they claim we flew out some of the surviving chemical weapons warheads and never declared them to the Convention.

The US did respond to Iran's protest. Read page 5 of the US response at the Chemical Weapons Convention website. We admitted to bombing chemical weapons bunkers and releasing the gases into the atmosphere.

What did the Convention do to us? Nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The loss of this drone, in-tact, is the false-flag we all were looking for. The reasons behind the attack will be because of this and the consequences of it not too far off into the future.
Seems the plan is working, while everyone sees this as an Iranian victory, there acceptance of this technology could easily be their demise.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
there's no remote control self destruction device on drones or planes.

it is to prevent the enemy from doing what the iranians did and instead of capturing a drone, remotely blowing them up in the air.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hopefully the Iranian's that are reverse engineering this thing don't inject any of the fuel that is used with this aircraft. This fuel is very different from any type other fuel and if any of the Iranian engineers were to inject this we'd definately give up one of the biggest secrets this aircraft posesses and we all could be at the mercy of the Iranians witin a few years. The only way the government could combat would be to have us all injecting it. It would have to be something on a mass scale of a country wide vacination program. Wish I could get into more specifics but....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Yeah I remember that
But the Giant game of risk board looks a bit different now
You can't deny that

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
TBH its not hard to reverse engineer stuff just need chip reader and a knowledge of lowlevel programming and electronics

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They have no sensitive data from the drone.

If I'm wrong, NSA or equivalent-in-skill engineers at Boeing/wherever need more than a slap on the wrist.

This is 2011. It's called strong cryptography. Also destructible chips (upon no "phone home" timeout/tampering).

Calling B.S. on Iran's claim on this one.
edit on 12/12/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Right i can see the idea of this being a false flag/deliberate plant for some reason,

more importnatly, you all know the idea of the Drone is to be (relativley) expendable, like they can essentially send a robot into to do the job of a plane (otherwise there would just be blackbirds still flying to high to be shot down with upgraded cammera's on them)

so we need to look at this objectivley...

if its lost its lost, the digitally encrypted data link would be severed long before Iran got near the downed craft, the transmitter would be most like transmiting a drone specific encrypted signal to a satelite that does all the authentication at its end as to prevent the ability to hack the network.

you can cut this link from the satelite end easily killing that authenticated signal..... also there are (although alot in actual terms) very few real connections to such a control terminal so it would be difficult to connect with a none registered/authenticated system, drone, hack without it being noticed, you could then either rold the encryption so no non-authenticated system could connect....

Like i really hate to burst the (ooooh noooooooooo) the badies have a device and could user uber hacker super genuises in china and russia to steal our countries dreams type fear, or even the whole false flag idea...

i'd be willing to just say an expendable drone took some minor damage (or was DOA) and now its has been cut from all US/allies communications systems and is now essentially a (really expensive) toy plane.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Also...

Maybe "done decoding" means an announcement like

"Upon many hours of inspection, we have concluded that this is some kind of unholy flying machine."

Heh. Start with the basics.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Its a drone, who the hell cares?
It was meant to be disposable.

(not to add a bit of ripping) is what i originally started to write to you, however..........

because it is disposable doesn't give your military the right to take it into airspace that it is not clear for, nor to just dump it down on another country when it runs out of gas or whatever.

Iran is not Americas personal trash bin, it is a country and i can guarantee that if this had happened to the US, the US would be doing exactly the same thing that Iran is doing. It is what any country would do.

Stop complaining about it and face the consequences of breaking INTERNATIONAL LAW

Lol. I'm pretty sure he meant that it's not that big deal to the US government as it's told around here in ATS.

He's pretty accurate though. It is, after all, a drone. Drones are meant to gather information at risky places where it is not safe yet to send manned aircrafts to. Nobody in their right mind ever thought that no drones will ever be downed.

Unfortunately this forum is so emotion based, it almost seems like the USA haters are confident that this is it - USA was defeated by Iran for having one (out of how many?) of it's droned brought down.

Come to think of it, the rhetoric here is pretty hilarious:
Explosion at Iran? -JUST A MISTAKE!! IRAN IS INVINCIBLE!
Another explosion? -BAD MISTAKE! NOTHING HAPPENED!
Anything bad on Iran? -STUPID WESTERN ZIONIST MEDIA BRAINWASHES YOU!!

A single story of a single drone being brought down? -100% TRUTH! HAHA, AMERICA IS A BUNCH OF LOSERS! BLAH BLAH BLAH WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN BREAK INTERNATIONAL LAW AND GET AWAY WITH IT? LOL BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU GUYS SUCK BLAH BLAH IRAN CYBERWARRIORS IS THE BEST YOU THINK IRAN IS IRAQ?? LOL USA IS STUPID BLAH BLAH.

Just a reminder of proportions.
edit on 12-12-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)
Fair point you have there. These are the type of people that should just be ignored as they are pretty much pointless to debate with. Arguing back only gives them more incentive to carry on spouting bile.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin
Hopefully the Iranian's that are reverse engineering this thing don't inject any of the fuel that is used with this aircraft. This fuel is very different from any type other fuel and if any of the Iranian engineers were to inject this we'd definately give up one of the biggest secrets this aircraft posesses and we all could be at the mercy of the Iranians witin a few years. The only way the government could combat would be to have us all injecting it. It would have to be something on a mass scale of a country wide vacination program. Wish I could get into more specifics but....

.....but?.. You're a government insider who, upon saying more, would be greeted very quickly by the black helicopter brigade?

Sorry, I'm not trying to act snide, but there's too much of this going on in this forum. People acting 100% sure about what is happening, and what will happen.

All any of us know is that the drone went down in Iran and that Iran CLAIMS they are nearly finished cracking it. Nothing more.

I like to think that it's a 'trojan horse' and was deliberately delivered into their possession. However, no evidence has been released to corroborate that. Maybe Iran can't 'decode' it and are lying when they say they are almost done. Unfortunately, there's no evidence to say they aren't actually decoding it.

.."Obviously" this and "Obviously" that... psh...

It's NOT obvious that America deliberately delivered the drone into Iranian hands, even if its what you're hoping for.
It's NOT obvious that Iran can't decode and reverse engineer it.
It's NOT obvious that Iran will sell it to Russia or China.
It's NOT obvious that Iran will, or will not build drones of their own.

...I could go on..

-Cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69

take it like this. You are a kid, you go and buy the best radio controlled boat money can buy, no other kids on the block have ever seen one like yours. Then the bully of the block comes with a remote and hijacks you boat, takes it to the other shore and goes home with it. would you like it?

Your logic is flawed though.

Here's the correct version of your image:

The kid who's bought the best radio controlled boat money can buy, is one hell of a spoilt brat, showing off his expensive toy and teasing at every chance, also happens to be the bully himself. His toy somehow ends up in the hands of one of the countless teased kids, who decides to keep it in revenge.

What the bully plans to do to retrieve his expensive toy is unknown at this point...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
]The most likely scenario is that Iran just jammed communications, I doubt they took control. Those drones have a relatively soft landing by design if the engine fails or something.

Highly unlikely.
A flying wing is a very unstable aerodynamic shape.
You have to literally fly these suckers to the ground in a soft landing.
We don't know how soft the landing was without seeing the belly of the aircraft:

CNN Story

Bill Sweetman, an aviation analyst, said the craft appears to be the RQ-170 and it looks real to him.

If the drone came down in what he called a flat spin or what is known as a falling leaf departure, the plane would be pretty much intact, but the belly would be badly scraped. He said all of the electronics inside would most likely be in one piece.

Sweetman doubts the Iranians hacked into the system and took control of the aircraft. It is much more likely it crashed by itself since "that's what drones do."
He may be right about the possibility of a flat spin.

But we know the Russians delivered jamming equipment to Iran so I think jamming is just as if not more likely than spontaneous failure.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would not hold my breath waiting for Iran to release the data.

Likely they will release a bunch of fake data of such low quality that anyone in a western country will know its fake.

Iran likely has one of there own planes taking photos or videos that they will claim are from the drone.
but when released they will be of normal quality that anyone with off the shelf video equipment could take.

These drones use special multispectral cameras and sensors so they can find things like camouflaged sites.

Iran likely does not have the equipment to even view the data.

And if they do its evidence that ether Russia or China is behind this.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes jamming and a flat spin is a credible scenario.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just something so you guys know.... yes they have the drone.... no they cannot hack the classified part of the electronics... it would require something similar to a time attack done on a specific chip on the board.... which would be inside a case that is not only water tight, but also glued using a minimum of 2216 epoxy, or maybe the even stronger epoxies that they usually used on classified stuff (I don't know the name, since we were never allowed to know what it was)

If they attempted to power this board, without having the proper pins hooked up, they instantly corrupted the classified data... END OF STORY.... yes we want it back, but no, we DO NOT EXPECT TO GET IT BACK.

I worked with several people who got to work on classified stuff, and the stuff I was doing was considered over-kill.... they laughed when they saw my stuff, because as they claim, it was 3x more over-kill than mine.

To those of you that don't believe that air-planes, or drones have self destruct units on them..... you are wrong if your talking "Black sector" Its easy enough to look up Gary Powers crash of the U2.... he would have self destructed the spy plane, had he not gotten scared while plummeting to Earth with his air-hose caught..... He felt that he didn't have enough time to get clear of the plane before it blew up, so he escaped without triggering it. It is very clearly documented, so don't just take my word for it... look it up.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The word "claims" doesn't get me. So I call bluff on this one. But nice try. Let's just all pray that the Iranians didn't call on other big brother nations like Russia or China to help decode the drone with/for them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject
Just something so you guys know.... yes they have the drone.... no they cannot hack the classified part of the electronics... it would require something similar to a time attack done on a specific chip on the board.... which would be inside a case that is not only water tight, but also glued using a minimum of 2216 epoxy, or maybe the even stronger epoxies that they usually used on classified stuff (I don't know the name, since we were never allowed to know what it was)

If they attempted to power this board, without having the proper pins hooked up, they instantly corrupted the classified data... END OF STORY.... yes we want it back, but no, we DO NOT EXPECT TO GET IT BACK.

I worked with several people who got to work on classified stuff, and the stuff I was doing was considered over-kill.... they laughed when they saw my stuff, because as they claim, it was 3x more over-kill than mine.

To those of you that don't believe that air-planes, or drones have self destruct units on them..... you are wrong if your talking "Black sector" Its easy enough to look up Gary Powers crash of the U2.... he would have self destructed the spy plane, had he not gotten scared while plummeting to Earth with his air-hose caught..... He felt that he didn't have enough time to get clear of the plane before it blew up, so he escaped without triggering it. It is very clearly documented, so don't just take my word for it... look it up.

How do you know all of this? You say you have worked with people who work on classified stuff, but that does not mean this specific drone. Unless you were one of the people who designed the electronics, you can't say with any certainty that it can't be hacked. Even the designers would be lying if they said there was no way for it to be hacked. Anything can be hacked with enough expertise.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

there could be a lot to it. like the way the u.s does its spread spectrum. its a constant mouse and cat game when it comes to wireless data transmission. we could be using this technology all over the place

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join