It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why There IS A God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
14 or so billion years ago, there was a massive explosion of unfathomable magnitude. Then, life happened. That's why there is a God. There is a God because there is life because God is the essence of life. Without the essence of life pre-existing life forms, it would have been impossible for life to emerge.

I can illustrate this very clearly.

Time is something that is arguably a product of observational interpretation and progress definitely is. So it can't be possible for the universe to have progressed into anything without the existence of a primal observer to mandate said progress. Since the emergence of the first life form was progression, then this implies that the so-called "inanimate" must have already been imbued with the essence of life. There's no other way for life to have emerged unless life always was. Life is progression. Progression cannot progress without being progression that is life. Therefore, the Earth cannot have given rise to life without first being alive.

The chicken came before the egg.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
you stole this from a previous thread titled "What does science ultimately hope to accomplish?" in the science and technology section, and did not give credit where credit was due to

Ignore all that, just realized your the same person. haha

I think what you wrote is very intelligent and i agree.

Intelligent not in the form of oh i know this and such, but the right choice to make.

Those truly awake will know what i mean. This you must discover yourself!

Peace
edit on 12-12-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

clearly you dont/are not!

Second

Oh why not THIRD!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

clearly you dont/are not!

Second

Oh why not THIRD!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I can't stand the word god . The word has been so misused and a lot of the association with the word and what is represented is rather disgusting , from all creeds of religious belief . Then there is the whole context of god is it a man, woman , alien , consciousness awaking. Much like anything we do not understand it is astounds me that the reasoning among many people is that it is the will of some god head playing just beyond the invisible.

I really wish people would stop trying to mesh together religion science . We are well over 3,000 years trying for force a round peg into a smaller square hole .

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
In the field of the present, there is an eternal consciousness, the consciousness that we all share is the same consciousness - it can be called a field, and when coloured by our own experiences and memory, it develops individuals and collective experiences that ripple across time and space.

When you boil down awareness, it is just a stable "it" a darkness, a simpleness, a basic chord that exists, and it is the same for everyone.

It is what allows us to see ourselves in different ways, like a house of mirrors, seeing into infinity, we are all different reflections of each other, and the same applies to all matter and light.

That being said, everything is consciousness.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Having philosophized much on this topic, my current belief is that "god" is a greater consciousness; personified religious gods and idols have to be false because they are created in the image of man. The idea of a god being stubborn or evil or holy is preposterous and further solidifies the idea that gods with human qualities are man made.

A god figure would be, for the most part, impartial to both the malefic and benevolent acts of mankind. To think that god cares about us is to engage in self delusion.

I have a formed a few paradoxical views of reality and where/what we are. I want to keep this response short, however, so I'll just mention my most recent musings. I sometimes have a bit of a hard time articulating my metaphysical ideas, so try to bear with me.

We are the manifestations of a greater consciousness; the offspring of "God's consciousness," if you want to call it that. Within the mind lies the ability to create, hence our minds serve as a miniature universe generators. Basically, thinking, or, more specifically, imagining, is creating.

Each consciousness, and its offspring, may bear a unique signature, like a cosmic fingerprint. For example, our universe's signature seems to be the golden ratio which occurs incessantly throughout nature, and within our own bodies.

Our purpose is absolutely unknown, and we cannot begin to fathom it. To better articulate this, imagine a science experiment in which a group of rats is set into a maze with a block of cheese at its center: The rats have no way of knowing that they are part of an experiment, their only goal is to get the cheese. In the same sense, we cannot know if serve some higher purpose; if we're part of an experiment.

Life may be progression, but if there is any progression taking place it is within the soul. I believe the soul is eternal, it uses the body as a vessel to experience life. We may be slivers of Earth's soul, manifesting in our planet's animate bodies in order to gather knowledge and return to the planet with this knowledge so that it may be archived and we may once again join the Earth-soul.

I try not to reach any "truths" because there is simply no way of truly knowing the answers to many of life's profound questions, hence why some of these ideas contradict the others.

I hope you find this helpful and can make some sense of it. I'm tired ^^

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I really wish people would stop trying to mesh together religion science . We are well over 3,000 years trying for force a round peg into a smaller square hole .

As science and spirituality slowly get closer and closer, the peg seems to be getting a little more square and the hole is definitely getting rounder.

I would say now is the perfect time to mesh religion and science......

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I agree with your post except for the statement above.

And so the debate continues.......

I think it is quite clear that the egg came before the chicken.

Some bird way back in time, similar to a chicken but NOT an actual chicken, laid an egg that gave birth to the very first chicken.

The very first chicken was likely a product of cross breeding or a genetic anomaly.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
14 or so billion years ago, there was a massive explosion of unfathomable magnitude. Then, life happened. That's why there is a God. There is a God because there is life because God is the essence of life. Without the essence of life pre-existing life forms, it would have been impossible for life to emerge.

Is it possible that we are a product of a created image, as listed in Genesis 1:27? A much more plausible view is to see that we are a construct of energy, placed into motion by time, space, matter and energy.

In the beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

There are many scientists moving toward this view in the last ten years. A holographic model of creation explains the high state of order and low entropy at the beginning of time. We can explain the spin and motion of the Toroidal nature of time by plotting it on a golden curve. 14 billion years would be divided into 7 rectangles, each smaller than the last by a ratio of 1:1.618. Man is on the 'now' of the wave as we perceive time. To us, the wave is always equal. From a distance, the first part of the wave is the largest and the end is the smallest. In reality, all parts are equal, only seen differently from various distances. Look down from the top of a vortex and the illusion that it narrows is only a construct of distance.

If you can envision this, then realize that we collapse the indeterminate wave of reality as the observer. Reality can be easily seen like memory in a computer game. The gamer only observes the part of memory he collapses from the overall game-space. There is no reason we are not doing the same thing. Time would be an illusion of wave function and the quantum observer opening a space around him. To God, we are readable at every perspective. The space form beginning to end does not change, yet the observers have the ability to change the states of matter in the space in a limited way, creating their own unique realities.

Artificial life develops sentience by doing. Confucius says, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." In my opinion, we are given a reality to become something of value in the next.

LINK

edit on 12-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I couldn't agree more! These days, each person has a different definition of the word god. How can we even talk about it when we all mean something different? Everyone makes up their own meaning so they can be comfortable with their own beliefs...

Science and religion are two different things. One is based on facts and the other is based on faith. I don't see how or why anyone would want them to blend...

This is from a post of mine in another thread:

I was taught that God was a specific thing: A single, conscious entity, who deliberately created all that exists in our universe, including time. This entity dwells, not on the Earth, but somewhere outside ourselves, separate from us. He made the rules about the universe, specifically including a heavy emphasis on morals and certain ritual behaviors for us to observe, in order to one day, avoid a very unpleasant and fiery future, and instead, join with him wherever he is (let's call it "heaven") and live forever and ever, Amen.

If you mean something different than that when you say "god", then I'm at a loss, because if we each get to define the word as it relates to us in our lives, then it has millions of different meanings and really doesn't mean anything at all.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
God is just another imganitive idea man has created... We humans create fictious ideas when we can not understand something. This one constant throughout the history of man.

I have seen amazing things that I can't explain yet I don't attribute them to a deity but just as unexplained.

here is a link to something that I observed

my story about what I saw

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
what u saying is all wrong, while u keep basing upon more words and characters which confirm the fact that god is evil life responsable of such nonsense expansions ways

why dont u sit guys and accept for once something true

truth is absolute superiority concept since what is absolutely superior can never exist nor b objective conception

through self freedom being u can get a hint of true freedom sense being like, and from freedom u can get a sense of constancy like, then objective perspective of relative true as free constant superiority, then the concept of truth, absolute freedom superiority object

freedom is related to truth, from what a simple single move is certainly superior to all, but then truth is what confirms it through all change

the free move stay the same as all change individually are same then before, it is only that all must respect to be through truth, if there is a move out of nothing then it is true so absolute superiority that truth as a concept superiroity being always the reason confirm

any knowledge even if from being absolutely superior too as objective moves, become individual from its move, even the truth that didnt move yet but know the concept very well is one not the true truth

it always start from relative superiority proven from individual move belonging to absolute superiority truth by what all will change accordingly but as all end from that confirmation of possible object superior, but nothing changed, it is always same according to facts of truth superiority concept that all know the reason of them

if u did get smthg of what i just explained then u would within urself alone admit how on the contrary there cant b any god but evil one, the free superior move stay out cant b the one that manage all effects of its move

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Do you think there is a God separate from you?
You say there is a god because there is life, I think god is living (being). Nothing can 'be' without being. It is being/you are being. You are being, everything is being. Being is all there is.
Not only is time a product of interpretation (misinterpretation), everything is. 'This', whatever 'this' is (Being, the one being, the one consciousness, the unified field, God, now, Allah, Tao) is It, It is all there is, there is nothing else and even 'this' is un-nameable, ungraspable and it is not a thing. Emptiness is form, form is emptiness.
The source of all is the source of you.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
what u lack to have in ur mind is the least logical conclusion of object perception

if any object exist then for sure there is absolute superior fact as being the reason

only what is always absolutely superior justify object existence, never a will, for an object constancy there must b inclusion of all its fact, it is not a source but absolute superiority that dont keep any point of itself out, if a point of it stay out then all is that point there, there cant b object fact constancy nor reality

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

@Why There IS A God

For to CREATE and not manage the CREATIONS and leave them to endlessly run knowing they are eternal is not a LOGICAL thing to do. So there must be a TEACHING FORM (GOD) here with US ALL* to guide our energies back HOME*

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Unfortunately what i lack is the skill of being able to decipher your posts, i try and fail each time.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
void as by definition is constancy of nothing, so only constancy variable element that showed being positive fact, really constancy growth, this surely induced conscious meaning superiority ways possibilities from what i guess it is a bit an issue to anticipate
then any move from those mean showed the answer truth that all surely up know well

if the move is truly superior to objective constancy it will end on changing the constancy before to superior one constancy so the positive growth is replaced by superiority, horizontal axes i guess became the linearity of truth reference

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join