It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Still Taking OWS Seriously?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Really? Where's your proof of that? You're keeping tabs on all the Occupy cities/towns/states/nations? That's a lot...I'm a supporter and can't manage that. But then again if you did keep tabs, you would know everything they've done in DC this week...you do know they are protesting/occupying DC, don't you?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah I was down there a couple weeks ago and saw their camp. Of course then you listen to all the people around there and not only do they make fun of them, they think they are a waste of space. But I digress...OWS supporters don't want to hear what an average American thinks of their so called movement. That is evidenced by this and the multitude of threads on them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So, you want us to go back to the way things were where we have to plead and beg for table scraps? It is now time for The Congress to either get behind this movement or else be subjected to getting fired! There is no third option here. People need solutions and they were needed yesterday, the time for debate is over.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by dadgad

Yes, I expect grown ups to have a solution if they plan on complaining about something.

Complaining without having a solution is something a child does, complaining for the sake of complaining.

So if OWS wants to be taken seriously...they should stop acting like children.

What a simplistic answer.

I think it's simple science that problems precede solutions.
edit on 12-12-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by unworldly

I hope you love living in tyranny because if you sit idly by and do nothing you forfeit your right to complain when things don't go your way.

link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Then pick up your arms and head to DC and take care of business.

That is the only way it is going to change, like it or not. We have been protesting for over 40 years and it hasn't changed. Oh sure, the names have. They have disguised it or given it a new name but it's still the same old BS.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I am not advocating firing upon the Congress as that will cost us whatever traction and momentum we've gained and would be counterproductive to the end goal as The Congress is fundamentally corrupt!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I certainly take them seriously. They are a bunch of folks who don't work and are likely on public assistance, hence their laying about in filth in public spaces, driving up costs in cities around the country is on my and every other working person's dime.

There was a significant good that has come out of the movement and that has been to show these folks to be utterly irrelevant. Irrelevant to anything. They have accomplished nothing but show themselves to be a rabble.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The OWS objectives have been met in getting the word out as to the root of the problems which lead to the current economic problems and unemployment.
Even worldwide because places like Greece are in hot water as well as Europe overall due to the bad investments made by Wall St.

Though the OWS might appear as old news to some their overall goal in getting the word out against the FED and Walls St as well as the support for Ron Paul has only gained momentum.

They might be gone but they are not forgotten.

Thanks OWS !

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

So, you want us to go back to the way things were where we have to plead and beg for table scraps? It is now time for The Congress to either get behind this movement or else be subjected to getting fired! There is no third option here. People need solutions and they were needed yesterday, the time for debate is over.

How are they going to get fired if you don't vote or back another candidate???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by dadgad

Actually, even though he is against it, he also believes that this decision should be up to the states to decide, not the federal government. I support Ron Paul because he supports the very fabric which defines our country, specifically the Constitution. He supports ending the fed, he supports actually balancing the budget. He is for small government, which was the intention of our founding fathers. I don't see how any red blooded American can be against him.

haha very easy. Leave it up to others. So it will be the states preventing people from exercising their "rights" (abortion)... And then the Libertarians can avoid any responsibility and claim they support freedom and choice. No no, you can't fool me that way.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Vote for the no namers. No more D - R - I or whatever the new flavour of the week is!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Vote for the no namers. No more D - R - I or whatever the new flavour of the week is!

Who are the "no namers"...I need a little more information to be able to back a candidate.

Blindly voting against a D or R is just as bad as blindly voting for a D or R.

So who are these mystery candidates that you are supporting? What are the positions on some of the major issues?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Do research on the web to find out who these people are as they are not corrupt! Anyone has gotta be better then the same cast of characters we seem to elect time and time again!Purge the Congress of the career azzhats and watch how fast we come back.

I really don't care about their stances, just a whole crop of newbies would be ideal and then we can worry about it afterwards!
edit on 12-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Do research on the web to find out who these people are as they are not corrupt! Anyone has gotta be better then the same cast of characters we seem to elect time and time again!

edit on 12-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Why do you keep asking me to do your job???

You are making these claims...you give me the information.

If this is how you plan to attract supporters...you are never going to succeed.

So who are the "not corrupt" politicians that OWS would support???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Could that be because DC at the moment is filled with either occupiers or people that work in the government (people that profit off our government) so of course passers-by are going to be negative, they don't want the staus quo to change.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Did they really ban talking about Ron Paul? Sometimes I wish ATS would follow suit because DAMN it's getting old. I like the guy and he would have my vote but seriously, stop with the ass kiss threads ATS!

I agree...He is a great guy and he too would have my vote....BUT

He's NOT the Messiah

That said, OWS has really lost steam and I don't know that they can get it back. I think they started off with the best of intentions, however, the lack of real leadership and direction is and was their downfall.

I would support a new group that came along with similar intentions, but that actually had real leadership and a plan to accomplish their goals....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I cannot find a candidate for your neck of the woods as that is your job. Mine is to find a candidate local to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Neither is Ron Paul! He is no Messiah!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I still have a soft spot for them. Sure they have proven to be next to useless so far but they have good intentions that need to be directed properly.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join