It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it wrong to get pregnant in today's world?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I've thought about this a lot, especially since all of these huge earthquakes and Fukushima. What I keep coming back to is really the hallmark of life on this planet - perseverence. No matter the natural or manmade disaster, life goes on. For example, green eventually sprouts in a scorched forest and critters creep back in.

You have to have hope.

What a fantastic post

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I used to think like you OP, then I realised that the fact the World is in a worsening shape is precisely WHY we SHOULD have kids. I love most of the Human Race and I want it to continue after I'm gone. The biggest contribution I can make is to raise the most compassionate, strong-minded, truthseeking, resiliant children possible. Perhaps one day they or their kids will use their skills and compassion to drag this World out of the mire, and may even be the Kings and Queens of tomorrow's World.

If we don't have kids, or we have kids but raise them to be weak, greedy, cowardly and ignorant then we are merely aiding the forces of evil who wish to shape the World to their benefit and enslave all others. We are condemning Earth and Earthlings to eternal oblivion. Let's at least try to fight our corner. Certain elements on this planet WANT us to not have kids, or to raise them as slaves. Let's not make it easy for them.

And I don't believe our kids will hate us for bringing them into the World. They'll probably thank us, eventually, for the opportunity to experience life on Earth - particularly if we've raised them well.

edit on 13/12/2011 by Cythraul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just gotta say first post. but I think I'll try to sneak one past the goalie at some point. you can't live life scared afterall.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Just a straight forward answer to your heading. Hell no I wouldn't intentionally bring anyone into this world as it is today. You simply can't be sure of the horrors you may be sentencing someone to. But I've been there done that.
So that may have some bearing.

If one is certain enough of themselves to believe they could at least provide a happy childhood ? Then maybe.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I completely agree with this. I am a 26 year old female, married, but with no kids. I would love to have children, but I wouldn't want to raise them in the world we're living in. We are not preserving our earth for future generations and I think children nowadays are going to experience many more horrors in the future than we are today.
I don't agree with "depopulation" in the sense that we should start killing off the weak or anything. I also don't agree with any sort of ban on birthing. However, I think collectively we need to realize that we need to slow the runaway train we're on. More people means less resources. More people means more pollution and more waste.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
humans have never had it so good

it's the constant information overload that brings people down

if you really want the lifelong joy of a child, go for it

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Is it wrong to get pregnant in today's world

Yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>