It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is planning on spending "a lot of time" of time in CO in 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So as I'm sure most of you know, Denver (specifically Denver International Airport) is theorized to be the gathering place of important world leaders and celebrities once the supposed "big event" occurs in 2012.

Today I came across this news article from the Denver Post that President Obama is planning to spend a lot of time in Colorado in 2012.

I realize he is obviously going to be on the campaign trail, but could he also be using his time here to prepare for certain 2012 related "end of the world" events?

Not only is he planning to spend quite a bit of time here in Colorado, but his campaign has also opened 2 new offices - 1 in Denver and 1 in Fort Collins.

I realize there may be nothing more to this story than the fact that he is simply trying to gain momentum with Colorado voters (as Colorado has been a predominantly Republican state in the past), but I wanted to just throw this out there and see if anybody else had some thoughts on the subject.

Source article from the Denver Post

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't think this has ANYTHING to do with hunkering down for doomsday-

Oh wait...
if he gets re-elected, it will be doomsday (IMO).

He's just campaigning and playing the political BS game to get elected.

Our electoral process desperately needs a REVAMP ASAP.
I mean, COME THE F* ON...
Iowa...
freakin' IOWA?!?!
A population of ~3 million,
LESS THAN 1% OF THE TOTAL AMERICAN POPULATION.
And it is not representative of America as a whole- Iowa is very homogenous regarding political/socio-econ issues. Not saying it's good/bad/otherwise, just saying that they are not an appropriate/reasonable sample group to be representing the American people overall.

(...and it's usually the state I forget when reciting the 50...that or Montana lol...)

Am I the only one who thinks it's absolute absurdity that Iowa has been given so much power over primary elections?
More importantly...
I don't think any one state should have this kind of influence!

But if it's unavoidable, let's at least have the more diverse/more populated states playing that role.

I mean, SERIOUSLY.
IOWA?!?!
wtf?
And New Hampshire is even more ridiculous:
42nd/50 with a population of 1,316,470.
That's 0.42% of our total pop.

Really?!

Oh wait, I forgot...
the America I knew and loved and believed in is now a circus - and not a Cirque du Soleil kinda circus...
even the French get SOMETHING right now and then...
- But a freakshow, BS, pissing-contest of a country,
where we choose our candidates based on what IOWA and NEW HAMPSHIRE say.

*pffft....Even DELAWARE laughs at New Hampshire*

/END RANT

edit on 12-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I hate it when Presidents come to town it always screws up traffic. In my opinion, I don't think he would announce he is going to be in Colorado as a way to hint to people the "big event" is coming. To be honest, why would the TPTB want to save Obama and allow him into the underground bunkers?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Why would he bother going on a campaign trail if he's already got a seat booked at Denver?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I was raising the question as a way for people to share anything they may have heard of that backs up any thought that Obama spending so much time in Denver in 2012 is due to preparations for some big 2012 related event.

I incorporated the fact that he could just be on the campaign trail to show that it may not be related to any potential catastrophic event at all. I tried to include both sides of the possible "story".

Whether he is preparing for a big event in 2012 or simply trying to win over Colorado voters, is up to you. Hence the purpose of this thread.

join