It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S vs Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
reply to post by CALGARIAN

When you're crouching behind that wall with bullets ripping over your heads, or through your mate's heads, you're afraid, you're worried and you're scared.

The islamic fighter is not. He may be angry, he may be eager, he may be reloading. But he is not fearful and this way-of-thinking makes them a force to be reckoned with.

What a complete crock o' propagando.

Islamic fighters are as fearful as the next soldier. Don't try to make them out to be some kind of supermen, who are not afraid of pain or death...who are somehow immune to seeing their buddies get ripped apart by enemy fire.

Really, who are you trying to kid?

Remember the first Gulf War? As soon as the coalition forces broke through their first flimsy fixed lines of defense...and they watched as we lit up tank after tank after tank, without taking any hits on our side (except for a couple of unfortunate friendly fire episodes)...these fearless Islamic fighters were surrendering so fast we had no idea what to do with all of them.

Our soldiers were just pointing behind them, toward rear positions, as they continued their advance...and the fearless Islamic fighters wandered across the desert looking for a safe place to sit, where we would not continue to fire on them.

Let's not forget...these were the same Iraqi forces who had fought the Iranian forces to a standstill for 8 years.

Iran's military, if it comes to that, will be completely taken apart...and won't take more than a matter of days.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker

If i was a betting man... USA / Israel VS. Russia / China / Iran ... id take the second group.

Actually the UK has already said they would side with the US in a war with Iran.

I think what we would have is more like this

USA, Israel, UK, Japan, South Korea and many other allies VS Iran, Pakistan, China, North Korea and many of their Allies.

I have a gut feeling that Russia would be hesitant to get their military involved but would continue to provide support to Iran, via weapons and other such aid.

With these countries involved...Things would have the potential to get ugly quick....Hopefully, they wouldn't.
edit on 12-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

If i was a betting man... USA / Israel VS. Russia / China / Iran ... id take the second group.

Actually the UK has already said they would side with the US in a war with Iran.

I think what we would have is more like this

USA, Israel, UK, Japan, South Korea and many other allies VS Iran, Pakistan, China, North Korea and many of their Allies.

I have a gut feeling that Russia would be hesitant to get their military involved but would continue to provide support to Iran, via weapons and other such aid.

With these countries involved...Things would have the potential to get ugly quick....Hopefully, they wouldn't.
edit on 12-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

People who think that the Chinese are going to jump into a full scale thermonuclear war with the United States to protect Iran...do not understand the Chinese at all.

China will express great concern about the impending hostilities...and will declare that they do not agree with the United States imposing its will on any sovereign nation like Iran...

And then...behind the scenes they will negotiate with the U.S. "tit-for-tat", that if China does not get militarily involved in Iran...the U.S. will not get militarily involved in their moves to enforce their claimed sovereignty over most of the South China Sea.

The U.S. gets what they want...China gets what they want. No shots are fired between the two.

People who think that China will risk its march to becoming a military and economic superpower - and the preeminent power in Asia - over Iran, are deluding themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

People who think that China will risk its march to becoming a military and economic superpower - and the preeminent power in Asia - over Iran, are deluding themselves.

The US and NATO = 28 countries, Plus Israel.

Now I don't think the Chinese nor the Russians for that matter are so stupid as to realise that Iran are too good an ally to lose.

Because I think everyone can see the way the world is headed.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The thing you are neglecting is that the whole US and the allies were supporting Saddam to invade Iran.Then the puppet bite US hands when attacked Kuwait. And then US decided to slap the ungrateful child in the face.

For example who did give Saddam all those WMDs ?

Iran–Iraq War

The Iran–Iraq War began in 1980 when Iraq attacked Iran. Early in the conflict, Iraq began to employ mustard gas and tabun delivered by bombs dropped from airplanes; approximately 5% of all Iranian casualties are directly attributable to the use of these agents.[citation needed]

Chemical weapons employed by Saddam Hussein killed and injured numerous Iranians, and possibly Iraqis. According to Iraqi documents, assistance in developing chemical weapons was obtained from firms in many countries, including the United States, West Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and France.

About 100,000 Iranian soldiers were victims of Iraq's chemical attacks. Many were hit by mustard gas. The official estimate does not include the civilian population contaminated in bordering towns or the children and relatives of veterans, many of whom have developed blood, lung and skin complications, according to the Organization for Veterans. Nerve gas agents killed about 20,000 Iranian soldiers immediately, according to official reports. Of the 80,000 survivors, some 5,000 seek medical treatment regularly and about 1,000 are still hospitalized with severe, chronic conditions

Source

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Islamic fighters are as fearful as the next soldier. Don't try to make them out to be some kind of supermen, who are not afraid of pain or death...who are somehow immune to seeing their buddies get ripped apart by enemy fire.

So just read the history of 8 years of imposed war on Iran.

I am not afraid of death , for myself. Dying is much better than living in One World Government which Gago comes on the TV and put a blast on every respectful character in our history and religion.

ETA : peace.
edit on 12/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If anyone thinks that invading Iran will be a cakewalk... you are either ignorant and uninformed... or fooling yourself.

You are either ignorant or uninformed if you think Israel or the U.S wants to "invade" Iran...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
DITTO!!!!! X1000.

Idiots on here keep talking about some land invasion into Iran when NOTHING of the sort is even being contempleted.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

If anyone thinks that invading Iran will be a cakewalk... you are either ignorant and uninformed... or fooling yourself.

You are either ignorant or uninformed if you think Israel or the U.S wants to "invade" Iran...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

So just read the history of 8 years of imposed war on Iran.

I am not afraid of death , for myself. Dying is much better than living in One World Government which Gago comes on the TV and put a blast on every respectful character in our history and religion.

Sorry, but when are in the line of fire...and you hear the rounds snapping by your head...and then things around you start catching shrapnel...and then one of your pals is beside you screaming in pain from one he just took in the gut...you are going to fear death plenty.

Islamic macho blah, blah, blah.

Who the heck is Gago by the way?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ouch, thats gonna hurt!!!!

Other side of the battle for sure, but highly noteworthy

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yeah, which makes it not a very smart move to attack them. If Syria have Chemical weapons, which can cause alot of damage, Iran have them as well if not better. On their turf it will not be an easy war. Spot fires will start with Iranian backing nations and Israel will most likely cop the brunt of it. This is not a war with Iran, it is a war with the nations of the middle east.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join