It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS movement plans to blockade West Coast ports on monday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So you're posts about hurting the workers was to do what?

To demonstrate that it does hurt the workers.

Some workers are perfectly fine taking the hit in hopes it helps their future, some are not. It doesn't change the fact that it hurts the workers...they don't get paid, they can't pay bills/provide for their family.

You should clearly read what is said and take a few minutes to comprehend what it means and the implications it is making.

All of this foolishness could be avoided if you didn't jump to conclusions about someone being wrong about something that was never said. Just some friendly advice.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You can say you weren't using it to demonize it all you want but you clearly were, no one here is blind. Well maybe some...

The majority supported it because they cannot take action themselves. Why don't you get upset about that instead this constant whining about the people who take the action for them?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The majority supported it because they cannot take action themselves.

Can you provide a source that proves the majority supported it???

And no...looking at a live stream and seeing people "cheering" does not prove that the "majority" support it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why doesn't it?

Really???

You don't know why looking at a video and seeing people cheer doesn't prove that a MAJORITY of workers support it???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You get what a livestream is right?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You get what a livestream is right?

And you counted all of them and knew for sure they were all workers supporting the protest? Then you got the total number of workers employed by that port and made sure it was the MAJORITY....right???

I watched the Republican debate last night...judging from that...Obama is screwed

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I guess you missed the part where I said behind the fence.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I guess you missed the part where I said behind the fence.

And how many did you count "behind the fence" and how many total workers are employed by this port???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't know how many are employed there but I don't think they would have done so in front of their buddies if they were going to be ostracized for it, nor did I count hardhats. You're being a bit ridiculous now.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't know how many are employed there but I don't think they would have done so in front of their buddies if they were going to be ostracized for it, nor did I count hardhats. You're being a bit ridiculous now.

You claimed a MAJORITY of the workers were supporting it when you have zero proof or have any idea how many actually support it.

And I'm being ridiculous???

Now you are just ASSUMING the majority support it, because people only express their opinion if they are in the majority
This logic explains why you think OWS support is broader than it actually is.

If you don't want me to point out your illogical arguments...stop making claims you have no proof for.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

so what you are saying is that employees were intimidating in joining your cause?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You're arguing over accounts that I saw and you didn't. Why didn't you watch the livestream? Were you afraid to be shown wrong?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You're arguing over accounts that I saw and you didn't. Why didn't you watch the livestream? Were you afraid to be shown wrong?

Please explain how I would be proven wrong by watching the livestream???

Please remind me again what I would be "wrong" about???

If you are saying that I am wrong in disputing your claim that a MAJORITY of workers support this because you saw SOME supporting it on the livestream...then all I have to say to that is

Do you even realize what you are claiming???

I think you are just digging a deeper and deeper hole because you can't admit to the fact that you are wrong. Please continue...it is entertaining.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Are we even sure this is real OWS people? I mean is it sanctioned and approved by Occupy?

Or is it just a group of kids trying to land themselves in jail and flying under the OWS flag for the publicity?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No, I know what I saw and we both know what you didn't see.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No, I know what I saw and we both know what you didn't see.

And you saw a MAJORITY of the workers support the protest...even though you didn't count them and you have no idea how many workers are employed at the port.

Yes...you clearly know what you saw.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I stand by what I said. How do you feel about that open letter I posted by the way? Can you think of anything that might help those truckers?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Once again, those who seem to think inconveniencing you to save your life, oh, and to use the freedom of assembly that so many seem to think means "In some zone away from people the government deems acceptable" is the problem, are not seeing the bigger picture. Those against OWS seem to have no idea of the severity of the economy or the overreaching of the Federal Reserve and Federal Government on massive biblical levels ending in their own personal destruction soon to come.

I mean, everythings ok? What are they even bitching about?

I understand people want to imagine we live in a world where all views are equal.

They are the purposely retarded down unable to think people.

Reality is time is running out for America. What are you doing about it? If typing is your answer.

You're still part of the problem.
edit on 13-12-2011 by thejlxc because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join