It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License plate search...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anyone know of a site to do a license plate look up without having to pay for it?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Check your state motor vehicles department.
Some states provide that info. Texas did at one point, but stopped it several years ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

If you are trying to obtain personal information about a current or previous owner my experience down here in Florida is it's impossible for the average person to get anything from DMV either in person or anywhere on line.
If you have a law enforment friend you may want ask them for a favor. They will more than likely have to do it on the "down low".
If your looking for general info on license plates you need to hook up with a local collector/enthusiest. You can also find collectors at auto swap meets and car shows and of course on-line. I buy and sell old license tags and have to admit information is hard to come by sometimes. I have made some in roads but I still have a bunch to learn. I have discovered this....... there are a lot of people out there who like old tags.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Hey I replied to Aliensun instead of you, Sorry!! check out my response 3rd on down.
Were'nt we in "communication" with each other on another site earlier

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Make friends with an auto insurance agent, I use to have a friend at one agency who could give me anyone's address and details from a plate number. They have access to those records in their computer systems.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

do you know any cops that can help me out on the "down low" i need a big favor.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

that's a relationship you have to cultivate on your own

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

lol

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Negative they don't.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys, but sadly none of these are options for me.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In the quote from you below, you are unknowingly suggest that "a law enforcement friend" put their job on the line to do this act. This sort of unauthorized snooping into official data bases is reason for termination these days. That is the situation even if the snooper has normal access to the data base but is not using it for official business.

"If you have a law enforment friend you may want ask them for a favor. They will more than likely have to do it on the "down low".

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

In the quote from you below, you are unknowingly suggest that "a law enforcement friend" put their job on the line to do this act. This sort of unauthorized snooping into official data bases is reason for termination these days. That is the situation even if the snooper has normal access to the data base but is not using it for official business.

"If you have a law enforment friend you may want ask them for a favor. They will more than likely have to do it on the "down low".
You seem a little tight in your backside
Everyone in the real world does favors for each other, nothing in my thought process or character would take a request for a little extra consideration and help to the point of endangering someones profession. I expect anyone who I associate with to have enough common sense and intergity to "just say no" if my specific request is out of line, especially my freinds and associates in professions such as law enforcement. I just assumed that you and others out there had the same standards and intelligent minded freinds and excersize the same rational thought process.
I apologize for my mistake in that regard..

edit on 12-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some Private Investigator's will do it for 75- 100$ it's usually the ones that have the background check software and a paid for service.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Howdy neighbor!!

As for you suggestion, I wouldn't trust one cop here in Cocoa Beach, let alone Brevard county! I have seen too much corruption from them it's unbelievable and it's from doing "favors" like you suggest.

I remember a couple years back cops pulling girls over after club hours (adult clubs) and demanding their money or threatening them with jail! YES this did happen and YES I know people it happened to, yet it was kept hush hush and nothing was done.

I am not saying all cops are bad, god knows they aren't but doing "favors" for one turns into doing more "favors" that are even more risky.

If you want something do it yourself and pay for it like everyone else...

OP that is the only suggestion I have is to just pay for it. If you can find a cheap option I'd go with it.

top topics

join