It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest lunar eclipse shows stratosphere is clear as ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Since at least 1880 a total lunar eclipse has allowed scientists to measure how much dust and pollution is in the stratosphere, the redder the moon, the more dust is present.

Observations in the last 15 or so years is showing a very clear stratosphere, despite there being a massive increase in air traffic in our skies, it seems that contrails/chemtrails have had no bearing on stratospheric clarity.

It should be noted that volcanoes play a large part in putting dust and pollution into the stratosphere, so again, despite a several large eruptions in the last few years, they haven't really influenced the stratosphere either.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

it seems that contrails/chemtrails have had no bearing on stratospheric clarity.

Glad to see you are finally onboard the chemtrail train!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Appeasing boths sides for now.

Since contrails, or if one is inclined, chemtrails, have been shown to influence local weather conditions (they are by definition, clouds), in the global scheme they appear to have zero influence.

edit on 11/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I understand, just kidding with you. That is good news regarding the stratosphere though. Now I am just going to sit back and wait for the global warming conspiracy theorists to come in and say that TPTB are planning this to dramatically alter the weather patterns!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Maybe, instead of spraying something to kill off mass populations or 'dumb us down' or make us sick or whatever other claim is made by the chemtrail crowd, they are spraying something to try to clean things up. I mean, the people who would be doing this have to live in the same environment and breath the same air don't they? I am one who doesn't believe in chemtrails at all, I'm just putting forth another perspective to consider. I've seen no evidence of any spraying by planes myself, I just wonder why people would automatically think it's somebody trying to kill them. Oh yeah, it's a conspiracy site...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

More people need to think like you it makes for a better world. I no our government can't always make good choice's but I still think in the long run they want to help us for our sake and there kids sake. Peace out...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Well you're right, seems there's no such thing as a nice conspiracy theory.

But even still, it seems globally, contrails/chemtrails don't seem to have an affect.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887

More people need to think like you it makes for a better world. I no our government can't always make good choice's but I still think in the long run they want to help us for our sake and there kids sake. Peace out...

Yes it would be fantastic if we were able to trust our Governments to act in our best interest. Unfortunately, they have proven time and again that they do not deserve the benefit of any doubt regardless of the situation. Secrects, lies, deception, corruption and hidden agendas are the undisputed modus operandi of the so called Public Service.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

I think it's more likely that the government is just inept rather than evil. I think 'the government' does have good intentions as far as the public good goes. It's just that everyone puts their own interests first. People are greedy. When that extends to the large corporations and the richest of the rich who wield the real power... well we have what we have here.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well you're right, seems there's no such thing as a nice conspiracy theory.

But even still, it seems globally, contrails/chemtrails don't seem to have an affect.

C'mon Chadwickus, for someone that usually expects others to present hard evidence, how can you possibly read this article and draw the conclusion that 'globally, contrails/chemtrails don't seem to have an affect'

Firstly, the aviation industry does not deny that 'globally' it does have an effect on the envroment and its own estimate is that the industry is rersponsible for 3% of the warming caused by greenhouse emmisions. People outside the industry claim the figure is much higher.

Secondly, lets look at how dust, soot and smoke is removed from the Stratosphere -

The exact timescale for how long this smoke remains, and thus how severely this smoke affects the climate once it reaches the stratosphere, is dependent on both chemical and physical removal processes. The physical removal mechanisms affecting the timescale of smoke particle removal are how quickly the particles in the smoke coagulate[4] and fall out of the atmosphere via dry deposition,[4] and to a slower degree, the time it takes for solar radiation pressure to move the particles to a lower level in the atmosphere. Whether by coagulation or radiation pressure, once the particles are at this lower atmospheric level cloud seeding can begin, permitting precipitation to wash the smoke aerosol out of the atmosphere by the wet deposition mechanism. The chemical processes that affect the removal are dependant on the ability of atmospheric chemistry to oxidize the smoke, via reactions with oxidative species such as ozone and nitrogen oxides, both of which are found at all levels of the atmosphere.[

So given the amount of solar activity recently and almost unprecedented rainfall around the globe, one could expect the stratosphere to be reasonably clear. That doesn't change the fact that during this process Ozone will also be depleted. In fact, just for the record, a recent paper provides evidence that an eclipse itself has a strange but significant effect on Ozone.

So, as I'm sure you are aware, the fact that someone says the stratosphere is reasonably clear in no way provides proof that Contrails/Chemtrails do not have a global effect. There are many different arguments as to what Chemtrails are so I chose one which is the global weather modification programs/war. This is having significant global consequences and the cummulative effect is only now beggining to be felt in parts of the world.

With the amount of money and research going into this subject of pollution in our atmosphere there are new papers being published almost daily. You might find some intersting -

JGR _ Atmospheres

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by Seagle

I think it's more likely that the government is just inept rather than evil. I think 'the government' does have good intentions as far as the public good goes. It's just that everyone puts their own interests first. People are greedy. When that extends to the large corporations and the richest of the rich who wield the real power... well we have what we have here.

I prefer the term 'owned' over 'inept'. No doubt that most politicians enter with the best intentions but the further up the ladder they get the clearer it becomes that making any positive change is virtually impossible. They can either throw their values out the window and toe the line or they can suffer the consequences.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

I completely agree with you there. I like to point people back to Jimmy Carter and how he was so gung ho when he was campaigning for the presidency (kind of like Obama) about how he was going to change everything. No more status quo, etc. Well, when he actually took office I believe he was briefed on the fact that he had no power to do anything at all and he spent the rest of his presidency kind of depressed and had a look on his face like he was slapped back to reality.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

When 911 grounded all aircraft in the US for 3 days, climatologist noticed a significant change in temperature variations, some areas increased by 3 degrees.

So I'm not denying contrails don't have an effect, just that I believe it to be more localised.

A clear stratosphere, to me shows that there isn't and hasn't been a concentrated effort to curb global warming, or geo-engineering, if there were I would expect to see a less clear stratosphere, like when a large volcano erupts.

Did you know that replicating a volcano eruption (releasing hydrogen sulfide) is one way proposed to deal with global warming?

edit on 12/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join