It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Cherokee Wisdom! =D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A good friend shared this with me, regardless of whether or not it is 'Old Cherokee Wisdom' it is most certainly wise. And although the message may seem quite obvious I would like to elaborate a tad on the general philosophy and how it may relate to today.

Here is the quote.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy & truth. "The boy thought about this & asked, 'Which wolf wins?'" The old cherokee replied, "The one you feed".

This quote by itself really impacted me and resonated well with my general philosophy and outlook as I'm sure it will have with many of you.

If we look at how the general public mindset has been manipulated psychologically through various means (often discussed on ATS) then we can see some consistent similarities between what the 'Cherokee Wisdom' says about evil and how the public mindset has been molded through whatever means.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies & ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy & truth. "The boy thought about this & asked, 'Which wolf wins?'" The old cherokee replied, "The one you feed".

Jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies & ego all seem to have been very important behavioural catalysts in molding the general public mindset into the consumerist, docile and zombie like slaves that many are in our present societies. Now whether or not you accept the idea that the public has been consciously molded to be like this by whatever powers/we were like this anyway but it got out of hand/whatever.. you must come to terms with the realness of our current situation. As many of you know humanity is sick.

The old wisdom of humanity such as this 'Cherokee wisdom' which promotes joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy & truth as good and jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies & ego as bad seems to have been completely flipped over in many of our current societies, especially in western themed nations.

Now the problem is that this wisdom is not being shared! I'm sure many of you, like me have friends who show these materialist and negative traits and you care about them and their well being. If you agree with this general philosophy then it is worth sharing it with people when appropriate even if on Facebook or whatever! This, in my opinion is wisdom that is vital to the healing of mankind.

From my own personal, current understanding of 'Karma' and life in general, from my nearly 20 years on this planet I can honestly say the following.. We are all connected and although we are all amazingly individual and unique in our own ways, as is all life, we are all one. So when you hear the often recited 'What goes around comes around' don't just take the 'My name is earl' philosophical approach and stick with that, dig deeper.

Karma and life alike are both amazingly intricate and beautiful things. If we focus on positivity, empathy, love and all the other good qualities then we can better ourselves.. but further than that if we are willing to share this wisdom even under scrutiny or oppression from friends, family or whoever then we have a major hope at changing humanity back to a more humane state. A state more similar to a time before corporations raped the human psyche with materialistic and over-egotistical values.

One person CAN make a difference. If you share your wisdom with just one person then that one person can share positive wisdom with ANOTHER ONE and so on. Do not fall for this inferiority trap that can make us believe we are powerless to do anything, powerless to help.

It is a philosophy developed and injected into society for the pure purpose of oppression and money making, it is what is partly to blame for the current degradation of society and sickness of humanity. It is an agenda that is so heavily backed by many different power, influential and corporate entities for one main reason..

The reason is that WE, ME and YOU are BURSTING with potential and we CAN cure humanity.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There can be no peace without justice.

I'm in a bit of a foul mood today, otherwise I might be more receptive to this kind of thing. But right now all I can see is that a lot of people are afraid of fighting in the world for what they know is right, so it's all too easy to just assign the thirst for justice to the "bad vibes" category (after all it is often aggressive and fueled by anger) and space out on the "mellow vibes" of cowardace and denial.

I'm usually more spiritually open than I am right now, but right now that's the feeling I'm getting, FWIW.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I'm in a bit of a foul mood today, otherwise I might be more receptive to this kind of thing. But right now all I can see is that a lot of people are afraid of fighting in the world for what they know is right, so it's all too easy to just assign the thirst for justice to the "bad vibes" category (after all it is often aggressive and fueled by anger) and space out on the "mellow vibes" of cowardace and denial.

I'm usually more spiritually open than I am right now, but right now that's the feeling I'm getting, FWIW.

Wisdom can give people courage to stand up and fight for humanity. A fight does not have to be oppressive or negative in any way whatsoever. If you share wisdom with someone and give them the courage to encourage positivity in other people then YOU have done something. Not only that but you have empowered someone else to do the same thing.

Most things start off small but the ball my friend is most definitely worth rolling.

I am not saying that by positivity alone we can solve all of the worlds problems but we can most definitely help! Charity starts at home, if you are more positive in your mindset then you are more able to think clearly and fight whatever battles you wish to fight in your life.

We have been manipulated to believe we are entirely powerless and although subdued humanity is most certainly not overcome.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The quote is from a movie..I can't remember which one just now but it will come to me and I will post it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by navione
The quote is from a movie..I can't remember which one just now but it will come to me and I will post it.

Ahh I did not know the source, neither did the friend who sent it to me. 'I'd be interested to know what movie it came from.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I am with you..it gets really fustraiting just sitting watching things get worse and worse harder and harder.
Knowing inside that it's just not right..knowing what it takes to make things better but not being able to do anything about it..

I feel that way in my views of the world and of my personal life right now.. Seems like its all a mess and all the doors that lead to the correct way of changing things for the better are locked and I don't have the keys...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I really like this!

I have always like anything that is deemed Native American wisdom. It ALWAYS makes sense!

I also posted this on my FB

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Nice, I think there's a message in here that the negative crowds in the 'We are in Hell' and ‘We are in Heaven' threads can all take away with them.

I'm not really sure of how peace and justice relate at all. Half of all conflict in this world is caused by greed, the other half is caused by someone feeling that they 'have to get their own back' for some perceived wrong doing that was committed against them.

Now I am in no way advocating that we should let those who do 'wrong' get away without living the consequences of their actions. But peace has never been achieved by those who attempt to force it on others. It can be temporarily achieved by being victorious over those which oppress. But ultimately it must come from within. From within either the group, or within the individual.

Too many innocents throughout the ages have already been killed through others trying rectify some perceived slight against them, or by trying to achieve some so called 'justice'.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I really like this!

I have always like anything that is deemed Native American wisdom. It ALWAYS makes sense!

I also posted this on my FB

Indeed! I have noticed this theme of wisdom is quite recurrent in traditional and shamanistic cultures and although many in western societies still carry this kind of philosophy a lot do not.

But I still have great hope.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Wisdom can give people courage to stand up and fight for humanity. A fight does not have to be oppressive or negative in any way whatsoever. If you share wisdom with someone and give them the courage to encourage positivity in other people then YOU have done something. Not only that but you have empowered someone else to do the same thing.

Most things start off small but the ball my friend is most definitely worth rolling.

I am not saying that by positivity alone we can solve all of the worlds problems but we can most definitely help! Charity starts at home, if you are more positive in your mindset then you are more able to think clearly and fight whatever battles you wish to fight in your life.

We have been manipulated to believe we are entirely powerless and although subdued humanity is most certainly not overcome.

Thomas Jefferson said:

“In matters of principle, stand like a rock. In matters of taste, swim with the current."

Then Goethe:

"Things which matter should never be at the mercy of things which dew kNot."

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

join