It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Drake University Straw Poll, Mitt second, Gingrich third.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper8541

Oops I meant "not disrespected" apologies...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's wonderful how enthusiastic Paul supporters are, but concerning they ignore reality.
The reality is that Ron Paul is kicking ass in Iowa right now! You're damn right we're enthusiastic! Half my paycheck went to getting Ron Paul superbrochures, and the next one is going towards the December 16th moneybomb!

Ron Paul revolution!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by superstatue

I can't even watch CNN anymore.. it infuriates me how when they talk about the top candidates it's always "Newt, Mitt, Newt, Mitt, newt,Mitt" blah blah blahh!

It's ridiculous and i take any chance i get to call the lame stream media out on their blatant ignorance of who is at the top of the polls.

If the media is ignoring a candidate it's obvious he's the only choice..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Because in many states, like Iowa, you actually have to be registered as a Republican to vote in the Republican primary. This kills Paul's chances.

WRONG. In Iowa, you can register to vote or switch party affiliation on Caucus Night.

You may register and vote on election day. To do so, you first must go to the correct polling place for your current address on election day.

Source - Iowa Secretary of State

In both parties, a caucus participant must be a resident of the precinct and be at least 18 years old as of November 6, 2012 (born on or before November 6, 1994). Participants must actually attend the caucus in the precinct in which they live - there is no absentee voting. In addition, participants must be registered to vote with the party whose caucus they are attending. Both parties allow participants to register, update their registration, or change party on caucus night. The parties are then responsible for returning the voter registration forms to our office. As of mid-November, both parties have already produced the lists they will use to check in voters on caucus night. You may always register to vote or update your address or party with our office, but if you do so between now and January 3, it is possible that your party may ask you to complete another registration form on caucus night.

(emphasis added)
Source - Auditor and Commissioner for Elections/Voter Registration - Johnson County, IA

And I'd like to add that many college students in Iowa have already or are now switching parties anyway.

Others in the crowd, filling out voter registration forms after the event was over, could be heard lamenting checking, "Republican," on the form. For them, it wasn't the party, but the candidate who has won them over. Whitney Jackley, a Cedar Falls precinct captain, was one. "I never thought I'd ever be a Republican," she said. "I voted for Obama."

Source

I'm against unjust and undelcared wars. I'm against the War on Drugs. And I've been registered Republican since 2002, the first year I could vote.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fury1984

I honestly think he says these things just to get on our nerves, luckily we're on the right side.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I look at it like this, if you want to send a BIG message to our political and corporate leaders that we'll no longer stand by and continue to have a political systems that is bought and controlled by bankers, neocons and the corporate elite, vote for Ron Paul.

If you want to continue supporting politicians who are using your tax dollars to bail out bankers and corporations, neglecting the middle class, ignoring the dire economic crisis were facing at home, and continuing our occupations and wars overseas in the name of national security
, just keep on voting for the same lying, self-serving politicians you think have your best interests at heart.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Fury1984

I honestly think he says these things just to get on our nerves, luckily we're on the right side.

I know, but I wanted to prove he was just blowing smoke. Oh wait, that would imply he was on "the drugs".

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I look at it like this, if you want to send a BIG message to our political and corporate leaders that we'll no longer stand by and continue to have a political systems that is bought and controlled by bankers, neocons and the corporate elite, vote for Ron Paul.

If you want to continue supporting politicians who are using your tax dollars to bail out bankers and corporations, neglecting the middle class, ignoring the dire economic crisis were facing at home, and continuing our occupations and wars overseas in the name of national security
, just keep on voting for the same lying, self-serving politicians you think have your best interests at heart.

It is time to realize that when elite donators control BOTH the Republicans AND the Democrats the ONLY difference between the parties is whether the symbol is a donkey or an elephant.

I do not see either Mitt (who is dangerously pro MORE military--he didn't think we should leave Iraq and is into building war ships and weapons--see his election site page) or Newt (the loose cannon) as being better than Obama JUST because they say they are Republican.

Things are NOT going to be pretty no matter who is elected. Europe, in my opinion, is on the verge of economic collapse. And the U.S. will be pulled into the mire. Which means Barrack, Mitt or Newt would be all over Bernecke to get the printing presses rolling. Not a doubt in my mind any one of them would take the path of least resistance and that Bailouts would commence. Thus making the mess the U.S. is in worse than ever.

Both Mitt and Newt want to stay right in the middle east fighting for that oil. Just like Obama does. And I can't support that. It won't make it better if a Republican commits our sons and daughters to undeclared wars than if a Democrat does. I don't want Mitt or Newt to be our next U.S. President any more than I like Obama in that position. The stakes this time are too high.

I am sticking with the candidate with an impeccable career and morals that I can trust. Ron Paul 2012

edit on 12-12-2011 by jolynna because: bad grammar

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Jay Leno says Ron Paul will be on his show tonight.(airing as I type this). figure I give you guys a heads up. I cant start threads via mobile so I had to find the most relative thread to post the news.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I agree with what you said. I don't think they go on about Newt/Mitt over and over again because they have been polling high. I think they have been polling high because it's those two names being drilled into American ears repeatedly by every network - As if it's a two man GOP race.

If CNN or any other network gave unbiased neutral coverage to someone like, oh lets say Ron Paul for a day or two straight, repeated his name like they do NewtMitt, you can bet the 'scientific' polls in the following days after would reflect this.

The difference between the Drake University Straw Poll and the 'Scientific' polls that are frequently embedded in these threads is the University students are a bit more in touch with current events and reality than many subjects who participate in land line telephone polls which are dubbed scientific and accurate but are arguably far from not.

reply to post by strafgod

Thanks for the heads up... Just checked his site and looks like he's scheduled to be on Leno on the 16th... No worries!
edit on 12-12-2011 by Sek82 because: typo/response below

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sek82

I just checked his website and it doesnt say anything about Ron and im thinking hes gonna have some comedian acting like Ron come on... If that happens I apologize. I just caught the part were he said Ron Paul will be on..

Edit to add: I just checked his site again and Ron Paul will be on but that will be on this friday's show. Sorry I got your hopes up, boy do I feel embarrassed
to add insult to injury I'm watching yesterday's show. Again sorry lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 12-12-2011 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by strafgod because: Facepalm XD

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by imawlinn
Thats great news! A non internet poll won by Paul. He will win in Iowa and go on to defeat Obama for the Oval Office. Ron Paul 2012

Providing the voting machines don't have proprietary software...

If they do, the One They want to win will win.

Sadly Amaterasu, that will be the case, proprietary or not!! Here is some old but good reading from past elections of the massive corruption of electronic voting machines. Its still relevant people. Just cuz they old doesnt mean they arent still doing it to us over and over again.

Former Software Sales Manager Named County Elections Administrator
Diebold Voting Machine Designed for Vote Tampering
Secret Diebold Software Patch Resulted in Republican Victories
Diebold Accidentally Leaks 2008 Election Results Early
Voting Fraud - Long Threads, History, 2004 (Yet Again) & Media Lockdown

My .02¢

Silver

PS. Ron Paul for Prez!!

Thanks for the links! Yeah, I think programming of vote tallying should be straightforward and simple. What would any company need to have proprietary software for??? On top of that, We should pass a law stating that ANY vote-counting software should be open source. That way We can ensure no disintegration of the process from that avenue.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yes in Iowa, but what about nationally...Ron Paul is at 8% while the Speaker and Mitt are above 20%...I just will not hold my breath yet...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper8541

To be honest, it doesn't matter (not my opinion, the past elections speak for themselves) what the rest of the nation thinks. People tend to jump on the bandwagon of those who show the most strength in the early states. Ron Paul plays a huge factor because he is capable of winning almost every caucus state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join