It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tim Tebow Phenoneon-Are You On Board Yet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Tim Tebow really had nothing to do with the win today. The Bears simply blew it.

First mistake, they played prevent defense in the 4th when they were up 10-0.

2nd mistake, not having a NFL quality QB as backup,(Hanie shoulda never been allowed to throw a pass in the NFL)

3rd mistake, horrible coaching by the Bears.

4th mistake, Marion Barber

5th mistake, Marion Barber

If Barber simply went down on that play were he ran out of bounds, this thread would not exist cause the game woulda been over.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I didnt say it was all tebow now did I?

If Barber simply went down on that play were he ran out of bounds, this thread would not exist cause the game woulda been over

But he did NOT run out of bounds, and therefore, this thread DOES exist

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by freedom12

I didnt say it was all tebow now did I?

If Barber simply went down on that play were he ran out of bounds, this thread would not exist cause the game woulda been over

But he did NOT run out of bounds, and therefore, this thread DOES exist

I believe Barber did run out of bounds, hence this thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Bottom line, the Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow. After they promoted him (reluctantly) to the starter, they are 7-1. That's a hell of a swing! Is it all Tebow? Of course not. However, what he lacks in passing ability, he makes up for in leadership. Also, he doesn't turn the ball over like Orton did. The defense is better, because Denver is running the ball, rather than passing and throwing interceptions, and they're getting rested during the game.

I had to laugh at Urlacher's comment about Tebow, saying, "He's a good running back." Really, Brian? You mean to tell me that you guys let a running back put 200 yards passing on your defense, most of which came in the 4th quarter, and throw for a touchdown? A running back did that? Wow, that Bears defense must be a pathetic bunch of pansies if a running back and pass like that against you, especially when it's crunch time and the game is on the line. Urlacher must have had one too many hits to the head in his career.

One thing is for sure, people either love Tebow, or hate him. I think his faith has a big part to play in it. Personally, I think it's refreshing from the domestic violence, drug abuse, gang shooting (Williams), murderers (Ray Lewis), and dog fighters that are currently put on a pedestal in this league. I also find it ironic that the people who spew "acceptance" for gays and other groups seem to hate it that Tebow uses the word "Jesus".

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian myself, but the criticism of Tebow's religion really bugs me. What if he bowed to Mecca? Would he be criticized then? The same people criticizing him now would be preaching that we must be tolerant of other people's faith.

I suspect his faith is part of what keeps him centered and focused. He's done something to gel that team around him to share a focus on getting the job done. You gotta admire that regardless.

(Born in Denver. Left 30 days later. Never returned.)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Tebow is a great player with a lot of potential. And his faith in God is a major plus as well, I am looking forward to what an offseason working with John Elway will do for him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join