Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

streaming Orb filmed (in HD) during sleep paralysis

page: 4
19
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_
 




Buddy, you don't think all I want is sleep?
I don't understand by drawing imaginary lines?




posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is not a paranormal event. Your body produces a hormone (cant remember exactly wich one at the moment I will look it up) that paralyzes all non automatic muscle movement. Its thought that this is done to protect the body from injuring itself while sleeping.When your dreaming your brain thinks what is happening is real there for if you take a step in your dream, with out your body being paralyzed your actual body would mimic that movement. Sometime when you wake up you don't stop producing it, There for you cannot move. Wither or not the "orb" is a paranormal event idk but having sleep paralysis is a completely normal event



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntex
reply to post by Rafe_
 




Buddy, you don't think all I want is sleep?
I don't understand by drawing imaginary lines?


I could explain it in a bit more detail ofcourse.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by Syntex
reply to post by Rafe_
 




Buddy, you don't think all I want is sleep?
I don't understand by drawing imaginary lines?


I could explain it in a bit more detail ofcourse.


Why are you being such a douche?

He is not attention seeking and as the OP, I have been on this site since 2004 and posted a handful of times only.

I don't get a hard on over flags, stars or trolls or whatever some users quest for to gain attention on here. My mate is experiencing difficulty sleeping and it would be awesome to find him a positive result to end experiences he does not enjoy.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamkidd
 


Dreamkidd, calm down mate.

For such a long time member on this site, surely you knew that by posting this video, the type of responses you would get.

I for one prefer to be logical, and in my mind, i would have to agree that it looks like a spec of dust moving across the screen, maybe even a small insect.

Some would even suggest that it might be Angel Hair...:O

This however does not seem like a paranormal event to me.

vvv



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamkidd
 


It seems that your friend is experiencing hypnagogic sleep paralysis same as I did, the falling asleep stage rather than wakening up. He could look up the link I left in my last post, but his is more recurrent than mine was. One possibility is a mind relaxer, but he should consult a doctor over that. For pulling yourself out of it, I was told to focus,(or try to) on a object like a clock nearby, would leave the light on as well. This is all anecdotal of course, but it hasn't happened for years now. Cheers, Smurfy.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by Dreamkidd
 


It seems that your friend is experiencing hypnagogic sleep paralysis same as I did, the falling asleep stage rather than wakening up. He could look up the link I left in my last post, but his is more recurrent than mine was. One possibility is a mind relaxer, but he should consult a doctor over that. For pulling yourself out of it, I was told to focus,(or try to) on a object like a clock nearby, would leave the light on as well. This is all anecdotal of course, but it hasn't happened for years now. Cheers, Smurfy.



You are correct, my paralysis is when I go to sleep, I don't think I have ever got it coming out of a long sleep. The original video recorded is about 25 minutes, As on that night I had already got the SP twice prior so I decided to record it. The orb coming out was a coincidence and I decided to show it to dreamkid because I knew he came to a site where they talk about this kind of stuff.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
6 seconds in and his eyes twitch. rem state.
then top left a tiny quick smudg goes by.

was it a part of his dream?



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamkidd
 


In this day and age that could have been anything. cam artifact, dust, a bug, cgi...the list goes on and on....



VERY cute friend though



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
6 seconds in and his eyes twitch. rem state.
then top left a tiny quick smudg goes by.

was it a part of his dream?


I would assume I'm just going into deep / REM sleep around this, It's just a crazy coincidence that my eyes twitch then that thing floats across the screen. I know what the scientific cause is for SP but just weird that orb floats by



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntex
Hey guys, Dreamkid asked to join up so I can clear some questions (Im the guy in the video)

For one, No I am not seeking attention what-so-ever as it's something that has been haunting me for most of my life and I do not want to give the issue any credit. For those who have experienced SP, you will know how terrifying it is and can pretty much say this is pretty close to what I would imagine death would feel like.

I recorded the video on the idea to know what I look like when it's happening, the orbs were not expected in any way or form. When I first started getting it in my teens, I thought I was losing it then I just got used to the idea that this will just be part of my life. It then dropped off when I hit age of 19-21, then it returned when I hit 22 and it's been with me ever since, I just turned 25 and now I know the science behind it of what actually happens and I know I'm not crazy haha.

I have not had much time to go through the thread and look at what questions there are but please ask away now.



Hey, thanks for joining ATS to answer our questions. That shows a bit more credibility, IMO. I have a few questions for now, since you said to ask away....

1. What's the total memory in your iphone, and how much room do you have free?

2. Why is it in portrait, and not landscape?

Reasons: I think it costs about 5mb per minute of video. A 25 minute video costs you 125 mb of storage. Is that about the size of the original file? Please keep the original file for later analysis, ok? Can you tell us what file format it's in?

I would think a SP video would be better in landscape, especially if you are studying the effects on your body. You may be twitching you hand, slight movement of your leg, etc, which would not be caught by a upper body shot. Just something to think about.



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Originally posted by Syntex
Hey guys, Dreamkid asked to join up so I can clear some questions (Im the guy in the video)

For one, No I am not seeking attention what-so-ever as it's something that has been haunting me for most of my life and I do not want to give the issue any credit. For those who have experienced SP, you will know how terrifying it is and can pretty much say this is pretty close to what I would imagine death would feel like.

I recorded the video on the idea to know what I look like when it's happening, the orbs were not expected in any way or form. When I first started getting it in my teens, I thought I was losing it then I just got used to the idea that this will just be part of my life. It then dropped off when I hit age of 19-21, then it returned when I hit 22 and it's been with me ever since, I just turned 25 and now I know the science behind it of what actually happens and I know I'm not crazy haha.

I have not had much time to go through the thread and look at what questions there are but please ask away now.



Hey, thanks for joining ATS to answer our questions. That shows a bit more credibility, IMO. I have a few questions for now, since you said to ask away....

1. What's the total memory in your iphone, and how much room do you have free?

2. Why is it in portrait, and not landscape?

Reasons: I think it costs about 5mb per minute of video. A 25 minute video costs you 125 mb of storage. Is that about the size of the original file? Please keep the original file for later analysis, ok? Can you tell us what file format it's in?

I would think a SP video would be better in landscape, especially if you are studying the effects on your body. You may be twitching you hand, slight movement of your leg, etc, which would not be caught by a upper body shot. Just something to think about.


- I have a 32gb iphone4s
- because I just wanted to see what my eyes looked like when the event was happening.
- I didn't want to study the effects of my body because during paralysis YOU CAN NOT MOVE YOUR BODY



posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntex
 


The last time I checked, your eyes are a part of your body, eh?

You also didn't answer all the questions. 32gb, ok, but what about the file size? There are questions members will ask, and to provide accurate commentary, we would like to have them answered.

In this case, I asked a few simple questions. As a 25 year old male, I would like to think you know enough about computers to provide the information I'm asking. It'll really help to analyze your video.

Sorry for being harsh, but this is ATS, and your own credibility is at stake.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Syntex
 


The last time I checked, your eyes are a part of your body, eh?

You also didn't answer all the questions. 32gb, ok, but what about the file size? There are questions members will ask, and to provide accurate commentary, we would like to have them answered.

In this case, I asked a few simple questions. As a 25 year old male, I would like to think you know enough about computers to provide the information I'm asking. It'll really help to analyze your video.

Sorry for being harsh, but this is ATS, and your own credibility is at stake.


Funny guy! but have you ever had SP?
by the sounds of it you don't, and just to make that clear if you didn't read it the first time YOU CAN NOT MOVE A FRACTION OF YOUR BODY!

I understand people like you simply sit on the computer and searching up blogs and that is about it, Unlike myself, I have a life and usually go out of my house from time to time so excuse me if I don't answer correctly the first time


The original video downloaded was around 20 - 25mins long, I simply chopped (using the editor on the iphone) it down to the last minute and a bit (the video which you have now) and after downloading to my mac it was 209.3 mbs as a quicktime movie file. You have to understand, I'm the type of person that believes in orbs, ghosts etc. The orb was something I noticed after chopping the video to wear my eyes start twitching (at 9secs) and that's when I thought I would show it to dreamkid (who is into this kinda stuff)

I simply was recording my eye movement as I would originally had thought my eyes would be going crazy as when the SP is occurring, my eyes panic and move crazy (as you can see in the video)

So to put it simply, I'm not the type that goes out of my way to seek attention and say I saw a ghost or something.
I have a crazy sleep issue which thousands can relate to and this has popped up. Up to you what you want to believe.

Hope that answers your questions Inspector Druid42
edit on 14-12-2011 by Syntex because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntex
 


From the OP:



I really admire the intelligent candor for and against all the interesting topics on this website so your analysis and interpretation of what we are looking at is appreciated.


I was asked by the OP who posted the video to analyze the video. You also said to ask away. Correct?

Without forming a basis of the equipment used to shoot the video, I'd just be speculating as to what is floating in the video. Thank you for answering the questions I had.

I do agree that "something" is in your video from 9 to 12 seconds, and it shoots across the video rather quickly. That is a good find. Thanks for sharing.

What it actually is is undetermined as yet, but I will run it through some software later and frame split the images to see if we can get a better image, and perhaps a few stills.



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Syntex
 


From the OP:



I really admire the intelligent candor for and against all the interesting topics on this website so your analysis and interpretation of what we are looking at is appreciated.


I was asked by the OP who posted the video to analyze the video. You also said to ask away. Correct?

Without forming a basis of the equipment used to shoot the video, I'd just be speculating as to what is floating in the video. Thank you for answering the questions I had.

I do agree that "something" is in your video from 9 to 12 seconds, and it shoots across the video rather quickly. That is a good find. Thanks for sharing.

What it actually is is undetermined as yet, but I will run it through some software later and frame split the images to see if we can get a better image, and perhaps a few stills.




I would really like to see some of your results!

I posted a UFO pic that my friends Mum had in her possession on here a while back and some of the users chopped and did effects that brought out further details.

Very interesting.






top topics



 
19
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join