It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: War to break out in Syria? Chemical warfare, US/NATO troops on border?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

According to first-hand accounts and reports provided to Boiling Frogs Post by several sources in Jordan, during the last few hours foreign military groups, estimated at hundreds of individuals, began to spread near the villages of the north-Jordan city of “Al-Mafraq”, which is adjacent to the Jordanian and Syrian border.

Read more at:

www.boilingfrogspost.com... der/

I also read this little report today as well, thought I would share.

Report: Syria arms missiles with chemical warheads

11 December 2011, Sunday / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL
The Syrian regime, which has endured nine months of civil unrest spurred by the Arab Spring as it swept across the Middle East, has armed its medium-range missile arsenal with chemical warheads.

According to a report published by the Sabah daily Sunday, Damascus armed 600 one-ton chemical warheads to use in the event of a foreign military intervention. Furthermore, President Bashar al-Assad ordered the deployment of 21 missile launchers along its border with Turkey. Syria’s medium-range missiles that can be equipped with chemical warheads have a range of up to 1,300 kilometers and would include the southern and central provinces of Turkey.

Read more at:

www.todayszaman.com...

and to add to the powder keg, Hundreds of army defectors reported to be fighting with tank-backed loyalist forces in Busra al-Harir and Lujah

www.aljazeera.com...

Not going to take much to lite this match. Will be looking to see what happens.....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, Mainstream media is a corrupt pile of poo...

...But i really can't take a breaking story from a online news site called "Boiling Frogs" seriously.

Sorry!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MahmoudAhmadinejad

...But i really can't take a breaking story from a online news site called "Boiling Frogs" seriously.

Sorry!
Got something against the french?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Not at all, Haha.

The website just looks like something Sorcha Faal would make.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Here we go:

And yes, troop movement seems to be the reasoning for the thinking of imminent attack but would they really do it?

No provocation and even the US couldn't justify it. However, if the movements make Syria nervous enough and some kid shoots across, well then...

And this would be something the US would do...poke the bear to justify killing it.

edit on 11-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Not at all, Haha.

The website just looks like something Sorcha Faal would make.

nothing personal, but i find it ironically funny that you would post that, what with your user ID and avatar. lulz

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Considering this warning just came out for Homs, things could boil over pretty fast.

Syrian opposition: Bloodbath could be imminent in Homs

(CNN) -- The Syrian government has warned protesters in the city of Homs to stop demonstrations, hand in weapons and surrender defecting military members by Monday night or face bombardment, an opposition leader said.

A 72-hour warning was given Saturday, said Lt. Col. Mohamed Hamdo of the Free Syrian Army.

By bombardment, im not sure if that means they will be using artillery, or airstrikes, or both. If airstrikes do occur, I could see a no-fly zone being placed on Syria (Libya #2).

Also, dont forget Turkey has a major role in all of this. They have had refugees flowing across their border for awhile now.

There is no electricity, water, or communication whatsoever now and the communication breakdown has extended even closer to the Turkish border," he said

Plus, the Syria defectors are regrouping in Turkey.

Syrian defectors regroup in Turkey, plot Assad's end

"If Arab states fail to stop a bloodbath it would be an obligation for Europe and the U.S. to intervene militarily. We prefer a diplomatic solution but if this fails we would want a military intervention. This could take the form of a no-fly zone and a buffer zone," Kurdi said.

He said more and more mid and lower-ranking units were defecting to the Free Army, which rebels say numbers about 10,000.

It seems that the number of defectors has drastically increased recently to. Could this mean they know something is about to pop off?

"In the first months of the revolt there were fewer desertions but the number has significantly increased in the last 10 days to a month. Five days ago in a military base in Deraa, 20 soldiers slipped guards a sedative, then stole all the guns and fled."

This last part goes with the first article in this post.

"If they enter to crush Homs it will be a big mistake. It will trigger a reaction across the country. There are rumors the regime is moving the Alawites away from Homs in preparation for a major crackdown."

Turkey dosent even need to be attacked. Even if they see a threat to regional security, they will act.

Turkey warns Syria not to provoke regional crisis

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Turkey warned Syria on Friday it would act to protect itself if a Syrian government crackdown on protesters threatened regional security and unleashed a tide of refugees on its borders.

"Turkey has no desire to interfere in anyone's internal affairs. But if a risk to regional security arises, then we do not have the luxury of standing by and looking on," Davutoglu told reporters in Ankara.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I thought that was a very interesting article. I didn't realize how close Jordan was to the US and Israel. It said that the US MSM already knows about the troops on the border but had been told not to break the news until Tuesday. .

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Turkey is still (IIrc) a member of NATO ( a mutual defense pact) if Turkey is attacked I believe we will be involved we have had airbases there since 1952 (?)
www.acus.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

It said that the US MSM already knows about the troops on the border but had been told not to break the news until Tuesday. .

You mean like this MSM news?
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Sorry!

Ya, I am not breaking out in a sweat, but things seem to be adding up. So will have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Suncor, Total SA, and Royal Dutch Shell have just suspended operations in Syria due to the violence.

Democracy imminent.

top topics

join