It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Opinions and Advice for a New Conceal Handgun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

I agree to an extent, but a 32 that I can carry all the time beats a 9mm or 40sw that I'd carry occasionally.

That is exactly why I switched from my 1911 to the .380. A .380 in my pocket beats a .45 in the glovebox everytime!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My mom works in Reno, and oh have I heard the stories. My mom carries ccw and thank god!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Since you like the Springfield XD series...

The XD Sub Compact would seem to be a no brainer.

I use one in .40 S&W as one option for everyday carry. I use either a Crossbreed Super Tuck (in horse of course) or a Galco Miami Classic, attire permitting.

The other option when attire/dictates, I use a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .38 Spl in a DeSantis pocket holster or as the gun is light enough, the waistband or unholstered in pocket. I keep HKS speedloaders at the ready, but that is more of a security blanket than a matter of situation management... The overwhelming percentage of encounters result in two rounds fired, statistically leaving three rounds for any additional customer service issues.

Both have XS Sights.

For those consumed with minutiae, the .40 is loaded with Winchester Ranger 165gr Talon, and the .38 with DoubleTap's 125gr +P bonded hollow point.

I also carry Sabre OC spray as a non-lethal alternative (a great way to stay out of jail). Any of the major brands are satisfactory and the format for the specific application is the most important factor when making a selection.

Edge option is an Al Mar SERE.

These are tried and trued selections, used every day, and I practice religiously with carry ammo only, as using light "target" loads doesn't translate into reliable high stress performance.

My two nanners...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Ruger SP-101, an above poster (dezertdog) mentioned .357 mag, that is 5 shot. I like .357 mag .....

But they make an SP-101 .327 Federal mag that is 6 shot with the same profile, just as deadly as .357 if not more so.

Small profile DA revolver, conceals well. Check it out, maybe get one with trigger work and a low profile hammer.

If I were shopping for my lady right now, that's what I'd get her.

edit on 13-12-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: info & grammar

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by projectvxn

My mom works in Reno, and oh have I heard the stories. My mom carries ccw and thank god!!!!

A lot of people here do. Especially people who live and work downtown.

Good to hear your mom is active in keeping herself safe from the ruffians down here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join