It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Tremor Leaves New Jersey Residents AND Scientists Shaking Heads-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A "mystery" tremor caused floors to shake and many residents felt this. However, it was NOT an earthquake! The only other thing I would think could be a sonic-boom? These are the kind of articles that alarm me when even science is at a loss.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

It wasn’t an earthquake. But what was it? U.S. Geological Survey geophysicist Paul Caruso isn’t sure. “We received a number of reports that people felt something,” Caruso said from the National Earthquake Information Center in Colorado. “We don’t know what it was.”

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here in Northwest Indiana in the spring we had a massive jolt that broke mirrors, windows, drywall, etc. However there was no earthquake reported. It was the talk of the town, (around Chicago-lots of people).

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"hivolcs said a magnitude-5 quake jolted Negros Occidental province in Western Visayas Monday morning, nearly a week after a magnitude-6.2 quake hit the area"

Late aftershock?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The strongest sonic boom ever recorded was 7,000 Pa (144 pounds per square foot) and it did not cause injury to the researchers who were exposed to it. The boom was produced by a F-4 flying just above the speed of sound at an altitude of 100 feet (30 m). In recent tests, the maximum boom measured during more realistic flight conditions was 1,010 Pa (21 pounds per square foot). There is a probability that some damage — shattered glass for example — will result from a sonic boom. Buildings in good repair should suffer no damage by pressures of 11 pounds per square foot or less. And, typically, community exposure to sonic boom is below two pounds per square foot.

Ground motion resulting from sonic boom is rare and is well below structural damage thresholds accepted by the U.S. Bureau of Mines and other agencies.

SOURCE

A hell of a sonic-boom...

edit on 11/12/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Could it have to do with fracing possibly? I have heard of that causing rumbles and noises, but I have never heard of this. Heck, for all we know there could be a massive super volcano under the area that weve yet to find

NOTHING suprises me anymore I guess

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I live in jersey and i felt it! its not the first time it has happened, it happened a couple of months ago.
I believe it was practice bombing at Mcguire afb.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Don't think its fracking related

New Jersey joins New York as the only two U.S. states to place at least a temporary ban on "fracking"

Ban on since August 25 2011

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
articles.businessinsider.com...

"Following seismic tremors in North-West England this Spring, the firm exploring for natural shale gas in the region has admitted that the disturbances were caused by the controversial exploration process of fracking."

A possibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
reply to post by AllUrChips

Don't think its fracking related

New Jersey joins New York as the only two U.S. states to place at least a temporary ban on "fracking"

Ban on since August 25 2011

SOURCE

So your sayin theres no fracing way?
Second line.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Imlookingthroughyou

IDK.. my fiancee was in the Air Force in McGuire and according to him, they don't drop bombs there. I've also spent quite a lot of time there and have never heard of a bombing range... IDK maybe it's a once-every-so-often thing there.

Anyway, I'm in central NJ and I didn't feel anything...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
A "mystery" tremor caused floors to shake and many residents felt this. However, it was NOT an earthquake! The only other thing I would think could be a sonic-boom? These are the kind of articles that alarm me when even science is at a loss.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

It wasn’t an earthquake. But what was it? U.S. Geological Survey geophysicist Paul Caruso isn’t sure. “We received a number of reports that people felt something,” Caruso said from the National Earthquake Information Center in Colorado. “We don’t know what it was.”

Nothing religious this time i swear!

If it was a sonic boom someone would have seen the aircraft go by, something flying that low wouldn't go unnoticed. Aircraft are expressly forbidden to fly that low and that fast especially in civilian airspace without specific orders, unless it's a gunship but gunships can't deliver sonic booms and don't even mention Air Wolf, that was just a tv show.

Sometimes before earthquakes happen you may hear a giant pop sounding like an exposion or a shotgun blastm happens that way here in arkansas all the time. I had an earthquake shake the pictures off my wall once, i had no idea what was going on. My first thought was it must have been a train until i realized there weren't any train tracks anywhere near where i lived.

Could also be a meteor, or an asteroid. Since were still here it wasn't an asteroid.
edit on 11-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Or it could have been one of those underground nukes going off again, aimed at the secret underground bases operated by the NWO, as reported by david wilcock and his insider sources.

www.divinecosmos.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Could you have a mine cave-in without an earthquake?

How about a new vein forming in a fault line?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Or it could have been one of those underground nukes going off again, aimed at the secret underground bases operated by the NWO, as reported by david wilcock and his insider sources.

www.divinecosmos.com...

Well i don't know about all that. I can't claim any knowledge of that but i won't just disregard it either. God alone knows what secrets go on behind closed doors, or underground bases. I do know that underground bases do exist and have heard claims there is one under the Denver International Airport. I have a feeling that if we know everything these so called secret societies like the Masons and Oddfellows and the Skulls do it would probably frighten us
edit on 12-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join