It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York attorney caught in antisemitic lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

A Queens lawyer has been suspended for six months for falsely accusing a New Jersey state trooper of using anti-Semitic slurs against him, according to a ruling released yesterday. Attorney Elliott Dear said he made up the outrageous allegations in hopes of getting out of a speeding ticket.

Court papers say the unidentified trooper pulled over Dear, an orthodox Jew, for going 84 in a 55-mph zone while driving with his wife in 2007. Six days after getting the ticket, Dear sent a letter to the traffic court saying, “This ticket shall be dismissed immediately” since he wasn’t speeding and “the officer called me a ‘Jew kike’ — and this prejudice obviously was the cause for the ticket,” the papers say. The letter was forwarded to Internal Affairs, which contacted Dear, who repeated that he had been the victim of an ethnic slur.

Unfortunately for Dear — and luckily for the trooper — the traffic stop had been videotaped on the officer’s car camera, and the trooper was wearing a recording device. Police reported Dear’s actions to the New York state lawyers’ disciplinary committee. In a ruling made public yesterday, a panel of state Appellate Division judges denied Dear’s request for only a private rebuke, and suspended him for six months.

www.nypost.com...

Racism of any kind is deplorable.

But all too often when it comes to antisemitism, one has to wonder if the allegations or incidents are legitimate. There are plenty of examples of antisemitic hoaxes used to generate sympathy.

Unfortunately, all this does is cause apathy. Its like the boy who cried wolf. After a while, you just stop listening.

The outcome is a bit disappointing. If the officer had really used those terms, he would have lost his job but they lawyer who lied received a 6-month penalty...

As Theodore Herzl wrote:

The anti-Semites will assist us thereby in that they will strengthen the persecution and oppression of Jews. The anti-Semites shall be our best friends”. (From his Diary, Part I, pp. 16)

www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Doesn't really surprise me, lawyers have been lying since their creation!

Seriously though that guy should get disbarred, who's really going to believe anything he says now? I mean whats a lawyer if you are always pretty sure he's lying based on past events?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ItanimuliiluminatI

I have to agree. When someone plots to have someone lose his job in order to avoid paying a ticket, plus involves his wife in the thing, it is loathsome to the nth degree.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Am I suprised that a Jew lawyer would use this tactic?

Nah.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'm curious why the lawyer was not charged with filing a false police report. By submitting the complaint on the officers actions, he insinuated the officer made the stop without RS / PC. He put that complaint into writing and repeated it verbally.

Not having RS / PC to conduct a traffic stop makes the stop illegal, and technically could be a civil rights violation, which is a crime.

The 6 month suspension of his liscene in lawyer terms is significant. That action should go into his record so any person wanting to retain him as a lawyer who do their homework should find the action

As for the question about differing standards on what a person says, Police (in just about every department) can be disciplined for discourteousness / unprofessional behavior. Contrary to popular belief, police are held to higher standards.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I might be daft or something but can you please explain how the quote at the end of your post relates to the story?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I might be daft or something but can you please explain how the quote at the end of your post relates to the story?

It doesnt.....

selective enforcement of the T and C's for the loss....

Feel free to look around, specifically topics involving Israel and you will find more.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Could you image what would happen to the trooper if he was found guilty? You think they would have suspended him for 6 months? Probably fired without severance and have a horrible tarnish on his record for any future employment... I sure am glad this guy had the videotape to back him up..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Not having RS / PC to conduct a traffic stop makes the stop illegal, and technically could be a civil rights violation, which is a crime.

and I answer with a quote

... for going 84 in a 55-mph zone while driving ...

is that reasonable enough for you to conduct a traffic stop or is speeding and other traffic violations also some kind of a rights violation like some think impaired driving is...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I was referring the what the lawyer said, saying he was stopped without cause. By extension I postulated the civil rights violation argument since stopping a vehicle is covered under the 4th amendment to our Constitution.

The officer did everything right so im not challenging anything on his side. Im saying the lawyers actions / claims walked past the line of being an idiot and into the realm of criminal violations.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Aaahhhhh... my bad,sorry, didn't get what you meant...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Aaahhhhh... my bad,sorry, didn't get what you meant...

No worries....

I could have done a better job of putting thought to text.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Sure.

It helps to explain why some Jews routinely use false accusations of antisemitism.

There are many examples of fake antisemitic hate crimes. One simply needs to do a google search.

The reason for these staged incidents of antisemitism is because it stems from a belief that "antisemites" help to generate sympathy for Jews as a victim class, which was a theory first proposed by Theodor Herzl, who is credited with being the founder of Zionism.

Something echoed in Norman Finkelstein's book, The Holocaust Industry.

I would argue that the Orthodox Jewish lawyer is well aware of this tactic.

edit on 12-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I would use a more simple explanation...

Calling people "anti semetic" when they don't get what they want is a way to try to make the person they are calling "anti semetic" to "feel bad" and "stop what they are doing"...

It's akin to a child who didn't get their way so they will do and say anything they can to get it... Some jews think that because they call someone anti-semetic, they can "persuade" the person to do or give them what they want because [sarcasm] nobody wants to be an anti-semite [/sarcasm]...

Pitiful don't you think?

new topics

join