It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lying Lawyer Slapped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Lying Lawyer Slapped

www.nypost.com

A Queens lawyer has been suspended for six months for falsely accusing a New Jersey state trooper of using anti-Semitic slurs against him, according to a ruling released yesterday.

Attorney Elliott Dear said he made up the outrageous allegations in hopes of getting out of a speeding ticket.

Court papers say the unidentified trooper pulled over Dear, an orthodox Jew, for going 84 in a 55-mph zone while driving with his wife in 2007.

Six days after getting the ticket, Dear sent a letter to the traffic court saying, “This ticket shall be dismissed immediately” since he wasn’t speed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This man tried to pull a commonly used trick, too bad for him it backfired. I wonder how many times cops have been falsely accused of similar actions. Chances are this type of behavior happens often enough to warrant recording audio and video from traffic stops.

I know this man is just a single individual, but the trick he used gets used more often than most people would like to admit. I'm just glad this person was caught and the officer wasn't disciplined for this false accusation.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This must surely be a conundrum for the court. Who do they believe, a lawyer or a LEO?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You have a point there.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Making a claim is one thing, backing it up with evidence is another.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Its the newest fad up in the northeast to pull out the "race-card" for every single thing.

If its a rainy day up there, or if its too hot or too cold one day, its because of someone saying something anti-Semitic or anti African American.

If an idiot is speeding at a rate of 140 mph, and pulled over, its because the cop is a racist. Also, the Innocent by-standers who screamed at the driver to pull over before someone gets killed are also 'racists'..

*SIGH*

edit on 11-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

There does seem to be an increase in accusations associated with race and or religion from all walks of life. When everything else fails, pull out the race/religion card

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Jews aren't a race.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Jews aren't a race.

They're a religion, what's your point?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately the way the country is becoming if he would have used a different lie and said he was muslim instead he would have gotten out of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Also retracted. Ethnoreligious rather than considered tied to a specific race.
edit on 11-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Sorry I'm unsure of what you were implying. If you don't mind please clarify when you have the chance. I want to make sure I understand what you meant before i respond.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was so hoping for a youtube video of someone being slapped silly in a courtroom.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I didn't consider Jews a race since anyone can convert to Judaism. A person cannot convert to being Asian, or Caucasian or any other race.

I can also convert to Islam or Christianity which are also religions.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I retract my statement, they don't consider Semitic Jews as anything more than an ethnic group. I was mistaken.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Sorry for the mis or lack of communication there Corruption, I was just reading a couple other articles about the race/religion card when I came upon your thread.

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

No offense meant to jews or muslims, I have no religious preference, or race for that matter. I'm just not a fan of hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I wasn't arguing with you, I was only pointing out the fact that Judaism is a religion not a race. Your statement is incorrect, no offense intended, just stating the facts. How about we don't argue about it and you provide me a source that backs up your claim. I can admit when I'm wrong so if I'm wrong you will receive an apology.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I should have used the word ethnicity I guess,for that I appologize. Yes Judaism has people from all races, but there are particular races consisting of Jews involved too. Like Semitic Jews,etc.

The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.[3][4][5] Converts to Judaism, whose status as Jews within the Jewish ethnos is equal to those born into it, have been absorbed into the Jewish people throughout the millennia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Perfect example of a psychopath and probably a pathological liar.

I wonder how many other times he got away with this behavior ?

Attorney Elliott Dear said he made up the outrageous allegations in hopes of getting out of a speeding ticket.

Court papers say the unidentified trooper pulled over Dear, an orthodox Jew, for going 84 in a 55-mph zone while driving with his wife in 2007.

An Orthodox Jew lying ?

He must be one of those pseudo-Judaism "Jews" that lie and cheat their way through anything and everything,
all at somebody else's expense. He can't possibly be a real "Jew" in genuine faith can He ?

Six days after getting the ticket, Dear sent a letter to the traffic court saying, “This ticket shall be dismissed immediately” since he wasn’t speeding and “the officer called me a ‘Jew kike’ — and this prejudice obviously was the cause for the ticket,” the papers say.

WHAT?

I'm surprised he didn't accuse the officer of visually identifying as a "Jew" him before he stopped him for speeding.
If he was going 84, it would not have been easy, I guess he thought of that while concocting the lie.

If he wasn't speeding, why stop him in the first place?

The letter was forwarded to Internal Affairs, which contacted Dear, who repeated that he had been the victim of an ethnic slur.

Unfortunately for Dear — and luckily for the trooper — the traffic stop had been videotaped on the officer’s car camera, and the trooper was wearing a recording device. (
)

Police reported Dear’s actions to the New York state lawyers’ disciplinary committee.

In a ruling made public yesterday, a panel of state Appellate Division judges denied Dear’s request for only a private rebuke, and suspended him for six months.

Had he not admitted to this, he may have been charged for perjury in a higher hearing ..... that might have been jail.... that must be why he admitted to lying, not as repent for his religion.

I wonder how many other times this maniac got away with something like this ?

All his cases should be investigated.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

haha so was I lol.
On topic. You'd think since this man was a lawyer he'd be familiar with perjury and the possibily of a civil suit based on slander. As its been proven in criminal court which holds a higher standard then civil court the cop would most likely win and cost the jew alot more then a speeding ticket would.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join