It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32nd degree mason answered questions on reddit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't post this while he was still answering. I just saw it on the front page of reddit now. According to him he answered things that might make other masons mad at him but nothing that would violate his oath. Any way here's the link.
Here are some of his more interesting answers.

Question:What is hoped to be accomplished by putting these architectural 'Easter Eggs' everywhere on government buildings? Is it a show of power to one another? Or is it maybe just for the 'lulz'? For instance, the layout in Washington, DC is so obviously a Mason Compass; I seriously doubt this was as some sort of message to a 'higher being' up in the clouds. What is your best guess for what drove these people to make these things, instead of maybe putting the same resources into a couple extra rooms at the hospital? I'm actually curious and I assume the answer is similar to what drove humans for millenia to build designs into their superstructures. Thanks, this is a fascinating AMA. Answer: Because freemasons used to have strong connections to... actual masonry. And masons built the buildings. And they like to leave their mark. Just like construction workers would leave newspapers under flooring. Or game developers putting their name on everything. You're proud of your work, of who you are, and you'll want to leave something there that will last.

Is the illuminati real?

Question:Illuminati: real or not? Answer: I have no knowledge of the Illuminati being involved in modern freemasonry. However, if I did, that would be my answer as well...

What happened to william morgan?

I think he was killed by the worst of the masons. It's a shame, but the worst members of an organization are often the ones people are most interested in. The people who carried out that act are the worst of the masons and it's a shame they were allowed to join.

How does one become a 33rd degree mason?

Honestly, I don't know what the requirements are. I've been a 32 for a long time and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Are the higher-up Masons involved in anything illegal or immoral? Specifically, anything political?

None that I know of. Trust me, I wish I could get a speeding ticket 'fixed' by flashing a ring, but it's just not the case.

How much power do masons have in the government?

I think it's pretty common knowledge that most of the founding fathers, including Washington, Madison, Jefferson, and Franklin were masons, not to mention Voltaire and Bolivar (revolutionaries in other countries).
The biggest shock to me is how few masons are involved in government today. If there are any members of congress that are masons, they are not open about it.

Do you find it morally correct that a mason must commit perjury in order to help a fellow mason?

This is not true, specifically in the oath of every degree you are informed that your oath should not interfere with the laws of your country and that you should be a loyal and patriotic citizen. If a mason incriminates another mason honestly, this is not in violation of their oath.

What do you think about the fact that according to masonry you should be killed for revealing the mason secrets?

It is true that part of your oath includes the 'penalty' of the obligation. However in every degree I've seen, it is explained very explicitly that this is a tradition and should be viewed as allegory, and that the maximum penalty for breaking the oath is to be removed from membership.

edit on 11-12-2011 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

Here's a conspiracy, only 33rd degree masons know the real deal

ETA Anyone that is not prepared to be truthful about their identity does probably not deserve the time of day. "I don't want to be kicked out"

edit on 11/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
dont feed the trolls...
...i call BS on that internetz mason
edit on 11-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

typical answer for the profane masses....

so leaving all manner of gods & mystery school initiate's embedded permanently in stone is the signature of the mason who literally built the building in question?

hmmm... not buying it..

nor am I buying that the laying of the cornerstone ceremony involving corn & oil has nothing to do with worshiping Baal...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Funny you mention that seeing as he kinda addresses that too.

Question:What powers/privileges/responsibilities does a 32nd degree Mason have that lower degrees do not? Answer:All it means is that I've seen the allegorical degrees up to that point. It is important to note that the 3rd degree is the highest degree and the additional ones are optional and extra. I know this is counterintuitive, but all 3rd degree masons have attained the 'highest' degree of masonry. Question:Is 33rd degree the highest level?Answer:Again, not 'highest' but as far as I know it is the most advanced along with the Knight Templar- which is another optional body of masonry. Question:Did you ascend so high due to family/bloodline connections, or is there another reason? All it takes is time and interest. I am the first mason in my family as far as I know.
It seems like in the first answer he's saying that higher degree masons don't have any special power/knowledge that the lower degrees do not.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Indeed, but that answer does seem to nullify the idea of having higher levels. Why have higher levels if it "means nothing"? I have seen a few of these kind of posts on the internet over the years and it just seems silly to me. I realise the masons, along with the templars, illuminati, etc are powerful people but for someone from a lower level to deny the existence, knowledge or power of a higher level seems counter-intuitive. IMHO.

ETA And he appears to be lying on the God/Christ question. One can progress no further than 3rd level if one does not admit that Jesus is not the saviour, god, holy figure, etc. This is from other freely googlable information. At least, from what I have read anyway.

edit on 11/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
dont feed the trolls...
...i call BS on that internetz mason
edit on 11-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

Yeami agree. If you look for the symbols hard enough you could see them everywhere. Is there any proof what he says is the truth? Now if he told us his name it might prove something

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

ETA And he appears to be lying on the God/Christ question. One can progress no further than 3rd level if one does not admit that Jesus is not the saviour, god, holy figure, etc. This is from other freely googlable information. At least, from what I have read anyway.

Only a part of the York Rite (an appendant orginization) requires belief in Christ. Masonry otherwise does not have a member distinguish what name he chooses to call God.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
so leaving all manner of gods & mystery school initiate's embedded permanently in stone is the signature of the mason who literally built the building in question?

hmmm... not buying it..

It was not just the practice of stonemasons. I have patterned flooring in my home which has a 'signature' in the corner which identifies the carpenter who installed it and is identical to other homes in the area which have the same style flooring.

nor am I buying that the laying of the cornerstone ceremony involving corn & oil has nothing to do with worshiping Baal...

How would someone worship Baal with a cornerstone-laying ceremony? Please be specific.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

this is the truth. the entire system is a pyramid structure, those at the bottom have less power (influence) and less knowledge (the esoteric kind).

SOME public 33rd degree masons include:

(King) Umberto Agnelli
Foster Bailey
Bernard Mannes Baruch
Harry L. Baum
John Wilkes Booth
John C. Breckinridge
George Herbert Walker Bush
Senator Byrd
Henry Clausen
Howell Cobb
Aleister Crowley
Delmar Darrah
Walt. Disney
Sen. Bob Dole
Gerald Rudolf Ford
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Rev. Billy Graham
J.J.J. Gourgas
Manly P. Hall
Jesse Helms
Christian A. Herter
J. Edgar Hoover
Col. Edward Mandell House
Jessie James
Rev. Jesse Jackson
Lyndon Baines Johnson
C. Fred Kleinknecht
Adriano Lemmi
Jack Kemp
Thurgood Marshall
James G. Martin
Karl Marx
(Baron) Yves Marsaudon
Joseph Mazzini
Francois Mitterand
Henry Morgenthau
Henry Palmerston
Albert Pike
Rev. Norman Vincent Peale
Roscoe Pound
Franklin D. Roosevelt
James Rothschild
Jacob Schiff
James D. Shaw
Rev. Robert Schuller
Senator Simpson
Rudolph Steiner
Harry Truman
Pierre G. Vassal
Paul Moritz Warburg
Earl Warren
H.G. Wells
William Wynn Westcott
John Yarker

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

M. P. Hall had an honorary degree. It's the equivalent of "Hey, we think you're cool. We respect you. Tada, welcome."

Actual members must go through the motions to get theirs. Hall got an honorary degree based on his work in authoring his books.

What about the others on your list? They might well be of the same type as Hall. Obviously people just copy and paste things here without a clue as to what they're propagating.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The ignorance of the Masonic Order and all the misinformation, hyperbole and crazy talk here is very entertaining

**AugustusMasonicus seems credible

edit on 11-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: I just remembered I forgot something

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Maybe it was a popular or powerful movement in the past but there aren't very many masons involved in politics today.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

ETA Anyone that is not prepared to be truthful about their identity does probably not deserve the time of day. "I don't want to be kicked out"

No, it is one level above 33. It is so secret it doesn't have a name...Well, maybe 34...?
I have never bought into the whole masonic conspiracy idea, as it is too implausible. IF, and this is a big if, there were any conspiracy of any kind, it would have to be over level 32, as I have talked extensively, as well as researched heavily high degree masons, and I am sure they are not lying.

The real conspiracy is with the higher ups of the financial market, as well as some government officials, and they don't have a secret fraternity or society that is anything near the masons, which have a very rich history. Of course some will say I'm wrong, but you are simply speculating.

Some will undoubtedly bring up the Bilderberg meetings, but that is nothing close to a fraternal organization that has strong bonds with so many people. It is as I said...The financial elite. The policy-makers and influencers.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
Maybe it was a popular or powerful movement in the past but there aren't very many masons involved in politics today.

I believe there are six members of Congress who are Masons and the last President that was a Mason was Gerald Ford.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If he doesn't say anything that violates his Oath then I'm not going to be angry, but if he says something stupid I will say so.

For instance, the layout in Washington, DC is so obviously a Mason Compass

Well, it's not and it wasn't designed by any Masons. Anytime you combine a grid system with radial design you will get all sorts of designs. Hell I can find "JESUS" in the streets.

His answer was just his opinion.

Question:Illuminati: real or not? Answer: I have no knowledge of the Illuminati being involved in modern freemasonry. However, if I did, that would be my answer as well...

That's his business to say if would say so or not. This guy does not represent the rest of us Masons, or in specific Scottish Rite Masons.

I think he was killed by the worst of the masons. It's a shame, but the worst members of an organization are often the ones people are most interested in. The people who carried out that act are the worst of the masons and it's a shame they were allowed to join.

No one knows for sure if it was a group of Masons.

Honestly, I don't know what the requirements are. I've been a 32 for a long time and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

WHAT?! Really? I've been a 32° for less than 2-months and I know the requirements to be elected to the 33°.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that most of the founding fathers, including Washington, Madison, Jefferson, and Franklin were masons, not to mention Voltaire and Bolivar (revolutionaries in other countries).

Ummm...correction there, Jefferson was never confirmed to be a Mason, but I would love for him to be a Mason. He was a great man.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Ummm...correction there, Jefferson was never confirmed to be a Mason, but I would love for him to be a Mason. He was a great man.

Just adding that Madison was not a Mason either.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

um, alright? so what? if you knew anything about manly p. hall you'd know that he was one of the most influential esoteric scholars of his time, of which we are still learning from today. he definitely deserves to be at the same ranks as the other esoteric scholars that also frequent the circle of the 33rd degrees. To learn more about his scholarship, reference "The Secret Teachings of All Ages". esoteric enough for you?

that means it's possible for people to be so knowledgeable in esoteric studies that they can effectively skip the 32 degrees and become the 33rd. everyone of the 33rd degree members are titled "honorary".

and i doubt there is a degree higher than 33. perhaps there is another mystery school/secret society that one joins once they've reached the 33rd degree...that is another subject.

the reason they have 33 degrees (manly hall has said this himself) is the number 33's high level of symbolism. There are 33 vertebrae in the human spine, and the graduation through the 33 degrees represents the kundalini rising up the chakras via the spine. the decay rates of radioactive elements fluctuate every 33 days. Also, the Sun's core axis makes a complete rotation every 33 days. you might not think that the rotational speed of the sun's core is very important to us humans, but if you know anything about physics, chemistry, astrology, space-time in general, or have a lick of intuition, you would know that the sun rules everything in the solar system.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

So you're saying "F*** the York Rite"?

We don't. Degree (or order in some cases) doesn't equal rank.

reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The various degrees and orders are to impart certain lessons specific to that degrees legend. The Order of the Temple is an amazing ceremony. The Royal Arch degree is amazing and does a lot for Master Masons, if only more joined. The Scottish Rite was a great set of degrees, but I am extremely partial to the York Rite system.

If a 32° is a "lower level" then what does that make a non-member in the scheme of Masonic knowledge? To be rather blunt and slightly offensive, I'll say it makes you completely ignorant of the internal operating and hierarchy structure of Freemasonry.

One can progress no further than 3rd level if one does not admit that Jesus is not the saviour, god, holy figure, etc.

Actually that is wrong. Only the Chivalric Orders in the York Rite require one to be hold a Christian faith. Specifically in the 3 Orders, it is not until the Order of Malta that one talks about holding a Christian faith. Now there are appendant bodies that may require a Christian faith such as SRICF (Rosicrucian Society).

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out that in the early 20th century, everyone wanted to say their Grandfather was a Templar, in the 70's it was the Shriners, and now today it is the Scottish Rite.

reply to post by reeferman

We don't worship Baal so you don't worry about that.

Your list is very.....ummmm....incorrect.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Good catch!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join