It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Street view strangeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So, I started playing the clicky-linky game I sometimes play when I read a post or whatnot. Long story short, I end up on a saved Google map of supposed FEMA camps. ( maps.google.com... )

I've always loved that conspiracy theory so I start checking out sites. I find that one is supposed to be in my birth town of Lima, OH. It's funny because the pinpoint is about 2 blocks from the hospital I was born in.

Anyways, I did a little digging and found the supposed address of said Lima FEMA camp ( friendsofliberty.com... ) Now, if you drag the little orange guy onto the pinpoint you get some really strange Street View pics.

Anyone interested should check it out and lemme know what you think. I'm not trying to say the gov't covering anything or anything like that... but I've just never seen such strange pics from a Street View. Anyone else? Thanx!!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

All I got was a orange haze going in one direction and a normal view going in the other.

I do wonder if there was something captured by the "google car" when they mapped the street view.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah, wow, all i see is orange with soe criss cross patterns. Good find
edit on 11-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yeah, all I got was the funky orange color too... I thought the cris-cross patterns looked like a fence. But maybe that was just my brain tricking me cuz I was researching into FEMA camps...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That is a rather odd "coincidence"... if you believe in that sort of thing... I for one do not...

Here's a cap to save the lazy some time...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Me too, orange all the way. Weird.
So really, what do they claim the FEMA camps are for?
How do they justify them?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Google Street View of 2338 NORTH WEST STREET IN LIMA

Google Earth view of 2338 NORTH WEST STREET IN LIMA

CHECK THIS OUT
Ohio Department of Rehabiliation and Correction Address :2338 North West Street
Lima, Ohio 45801
edit on 11-12-2011 by OrNaM3nT because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by OrNaM3nT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I can't say that I know what the orange stuff is in that one location but I am fully convinced that the map of "FEMA Camps" is a load of crap. The camp near where I live is a house, in the middle of neighborhood lol..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
I can't say that I know what the orange stuff is in that one location but I am fully convinced that the map of "FEMA Camps" is a load of crap. The camp near where I live is a house, in the middle of neighborhood lol..

Well, I don't think the blue pinpoints on the FEMA Camp Map is supposed to be the exact location. The supposed camp in Lima is NE of the pinpoint on the map... I think it's just supposed to get close. From my understanding the map was created by someone who had done research into where these camps are supposed to be. I dunno for sure though. I was more interested in the orange stuff than the FEMA camps anyways.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I noticed in the one pic that was posted above, that on the left side it says "At this address: afscme".

I did a quick google search for afscme and got this AFSCME

A bit odd considering the other posted link that goes to "Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction : Allen Correctional Institute".

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by imtheweasel
I noticed in the one pic that was posted above, that on the left side it says "At this address: afscme".

I did a quick google search for afscme and got this AFSCME

A bit odd considering the other posted link that goes to "Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction : Allen Correctional Institute".

AFSCME is one of the biggest jokes of a "union" (commie collective) that also happens to represent corrections workers at certain facilities...

It's generally the ones that are desperate to get a union in the workplace and others view their limited amount of employees as a waste of their time and resources because they won't be able to suck enough money out of them...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It looks like a distorted image of a chain link fence maybe?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

I hadn't went to the supposed Lima location on Google maps to see for myself, I just looked at the image that was posted earlier in the thread. I did just now go to it though and it seems to me that the problem is when googles camera car drove down that street in was early in the morning and the rising sun is shining directly into the camera. When it is pointed in the other directions the lens is still picking up the glare.

new topics

top topics

join