It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV warns Martial Law in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So, MTV says something to the youth that I can get behind. Great step up from pregnant teens IMO. These were posted a few years ago and are still showing today.

But what is the message and why now? Is this to serve as a reminder that we are all the same or is it a warning of what's coming? Who is paying for these ads? Why?

Why not on other channels? Why directed towards the youth?

I have to admit that when I watch these, I get a little nervous:

edit on 11-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That is very surreal.

I wonder exactly what message MTV is trying to convey with these commercials since they can be interpreted in many different ways.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Who would of thought not all big business was in it for the elitist(globalist) agenda
2nd line
edit on 11-12-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Some attention is better than no attention. Glad they are getting this stuff out there so people can realize this is right around the corner if things don't change.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am so suspicious of the intentions behind the presentation of this stuff. Does it arise as a genuine concern or is it propaganda to incite action that allows further clamping down on us?
Man, with trust gone out the window, it is getting hard to distinguish reality from propaganda.

spec

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

These have been around quite a while.

Also they have been posted to ATS several times for about 3 years or so.

edit on 11-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Any American citizen can now be arrested, detained, charged and imprisoned at the will of the government without any evidence or legal representation. They just need to label you an "enemy".

That's why.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That is creepy!

Without going to far of topic anyone remember this MTV advert, not martial law but definitely creepy.

Could not find just the plain advert but the first 40 seconds of this video shows the advert, just some mumble jumble after wards.

Another thing MTV did is corrupt Hip Hop shame on them :-(

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by jude11

I am so suspicious of the intentions behind the presentation of this stuff. Does it arise as a genuine concern or is it propaganda to incite action that allows further clamping down on us?
Man, with trust gone out the window, it is getting hard to distinguish reality from propaganda.

spec

I agree. Something like this will definitely incite the youth. Is that the plan?

So many questions...so few answers.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't trust anything on TV, ironic because I work in TV.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Considering that MTV has been warping and twisting the minds of our youth for nearly 3 decades I am almost suspicious of this as some sort of way to desensitize the minds of young people yet again..go back to your music, your video games and other mindless activities..BUT don't say we didn't warn ya..cuz we did muhahahaha..all I can can outta this is it's warning..MTV really shaped the youth of the 80's and beyond..I wish we had some teenages to decode it for us lol Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I remember this one. There is probably no other advert/video televised that is so blatant and amateur in it's portrayal of symbolism.

It's right there, only a complete idiot wouldn't see it. I remember when it first surfaced, and when it was discussed, some people were saying it's a couple of producers "having a laugh" at conspiracy theorists or something. Yea, right, because that's part of the general programming of MTV, making cryptic ritual-sacrifice simulations. For a laugh. Ha, ha, ha, I get it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by jude11

spec

Since it's from MTV I was thinking the same thing. Could it be a warning that if you disagree with the government this could be you? I don't know. Creepy though.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My 13 year old watches MTV and says she has not seen these at all. And this kid watches alot of MTV junk all day long. She says sometimes a commercial will come out then get taken off air real quick or that these are old and before she watched. So whatever the message is, its not being shown anymore. I wish the kids would get warned about the dangers of uncontrolled government at her age, cause not all parents tell them.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I remember this one. There is probably no other advert/video televised that is so blatant and amateur in it's portrayal of symbolism.

It's right there, only a complete idiot wouldn't see it. I remember when it first surfaced, and when it was discussed, some people were saying it's a couple of producers "having a laugh" at conspiracy theorists or something. Yea, right, because that's part of the general programming of MTV, making cryptic ritual-sacrifice simulations. For a laugh. Ha, ha, ha, I get it.

They might have been laughing then but these vids are still showing I believe. At least that's what I've been told.

I don't hear too many people laughing now because it ain't funny anymore.

edit on 11-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
THINK.MTV.COM UNVEILS ARRESTING HOLOCAUST PSAs FROM EMMY-WINNING DIRECTOR MICHAEL FRANZINI AND ARNOLD WORLDWIDE

New York, NY – January 24, 2008 – Think.MTV.com, MTV’s youth-focused online activist community, today exclusively premiered two arresting 30-second public service announcements that recreate events from the Holocaust in modern-day America. The concept for the spots came from the same group at the Boston office of Arnold Worldwide that created the highly acclaimed truth® anti-tobacco campaign.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The only explanation... the ONLY one, that I could possibly think of, would be that it was a commercial for a Halloween special, and they were playing "The Shining" at the time. (Do they air movies on MTV, I don't know.) Due to there being twins, 'murder', the man wearing an animal's head, and a track from a Stanely Kubrick film.

Other than that, I don't know. But still.... is this supposed to be normal in some circles?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What's even scarier is the Holocaust part at the end!

Martial law in America would not mean the killing of millions of citizens would it.

Martial law would indicate the restoring of order keeping the masses at bay and under control and preventing revolution and such.

American soldiers would not go along with a slaughter of its own citizens not 6 million plus anyway no matter who gave the order?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I dont think this is a commercial that is SUPPOSED to be noticed. Its very quick and not so much to the point but in a trance state it would promote mass thinking of the subject on a subconscious level.

You have to remember that MTV music videos are nothing more than commercials for music and products that kids enjoy watching. Its a TV station that mostly plays commercials.
These commercials are full of brainwashing tactics, and kids actually sit there and watch this junk without being tied down and having their eyelids pulled up like in Clockwork Orange.

MTV is a VERY powerful network and its job is to create trends, world views, pop-culture, and other things that get carried on to the next generations on a subconscious level.

They KNOW very well what they're doing and its all about making money.
The "Think MTV" program that its advertising is about their LIVE-8 concert that apparently saves the world..while of course making MTV rich and retaining the trust of its followers at the same time.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I can think of no worse argument when it comes to subliminal messages and symbology in mainstream tv and movies and games than the producers put it in there to wind up the conspiracy nuts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join