It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the troops be pulled out of Iraq?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We did our job, and Halliburton
gets to clean it up, so there should be no need for us, I say support the troops and bring em home!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Zcheng you state that oil is another reason and a base for attacking syria and iran is another. And please don't lecture me on empire building as china is not just a bystander and will try by means to make its influence felt elsewhere and oil is on chinas mind as well if your honest. What i meant is that bin ladens boys are there, and other factions. And support is coming from other countries to these factions.

Of course, China needs oil and have oil in mind. China buys oil from other countries in international market, not like US invading Iraq and control their oil.

US is building an Evil Empire through invasion and occupation. China is not.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
We did our job, and Halliburton
gets to clean it up, so there should be no need for us, I say support the troops and bring em home!

It seems most US posters here want they stay in Iraq and die over there. Why not bring them home?

If it were a war of "Liberation" from Saddam, then obviously now is an occupation. If you do love them, bring them home, bring to their family!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

If you believe this then there is no point having a discussion. The true test is the outcome which will take time to happen, give America, UK, etc time to
at least help iraq before shooting them down as the evil empire. I believed china to be a civilised country with this kind of talk you don't come across well.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Absolutely Not,until we have accomplished what we set out to do,finish it.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allen
Absolutely Not,until we have accomplished what we set out to do,finish it.

Why did you not finish the job in Vietnam?

Same mentality and excuses, same results we will all soon see.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My Friends, please read information on Battle of Baghdad between April 5 - April 8.
Battle Of Baghdad, April 5-7, 2003 - Part 1
What Happened To Some US Soldiers Who Died
In Baghdad At The Weekend Of April 5-8, 2003?

www.rense.com...

Battle Of Baghdad, April 5-7, 2003 - Part II
www.rense.com...

Excerpt:

ANDREA MITCHELL: "You write very dramatically in this terrific book, 'Thunder Run," David, about the assault on Baghdad. It's not as we saw it in real time on television, is it? There was a much grittier story on the ground."

DAVID ZUCCHINO: "No, not at all. I think the impression that came from those three days of combat was that the Iraqis rolled over, that there wasn't much of a fight and the American forces just rolled into the city. And it was anything but that. There was just some fierce, savage fighting. There were thousands of, you know, Iraqis and Jordanians and Syrians who stood and fought from a series of bunkers and ditches. They inflicted casualties. They caused a lot of problems for the armored columns. And this w! as never reported but it really was not an easy victory at all." [Full transcript at msnbc.msn.com...]

[edit on 9-9-2004 by zcheng]

[edit on 9-9-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Old news war won job almost done. This was not in the same league as most ww2 battles. The US / UK forces got shot at and they overcame and saddam is no more long live a free democratic iraq.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Old news war won job almost done. This was not in the same league as most ww2 battles. The US / UK forces got shot at and they overcame and saddam is no more long live a free democratic iraq.

US won the battle, but will lose the war like in Vietnam. Above posts show the US casuality hidden from the public.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
???? War....where.....as the PLA would say just a civil disturbance which will be contained in due course

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

???? War....where.....as the PLA would say just a civil disturbance which will be contained in due course

Both current Iraq and Afganistan War. Soviet Union left Afganistan after 10 years, and was lost still. Now let's wait two more years to see whether US has won the war. Be Patient.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you believe this then there is no point having a discussion. The true test is the outcome which will take time to happen, give America, UK, etc time to
at least help iraq before shooting them down as the evil empire. I believed china to be a civilised country with this kind of talk you don't come across well.

as i asked you earlier lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

as i asked you earlier lol.

I do not see what you have asked. Can you repeat?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i asked you togive it time before saying the evil empire statement.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

i asked you togive it time before saying the evil empire statement.

Does US give much time before branding Soviet Union as the "Evil Empire"? What US doing now is pure aggression and occupation, unless proved otherwise. I will say US will be defeated in Iraq within 2-3 years. Remember this, when we come back later.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That�s only because they are already done�..

[edit on 9-9-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wonder if we will see more troops heading for a break in SK to help put out forest fires?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

That�s only because they are already done�..

It is work in progress at best. We will see US defeat in both Iraq and Afganistan within 5 years.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I agree to that iran and syria are next....... and israel owes us about a billion favors so they should welcome kicking syrias MASS but syria is where everyone thinks saddam sent his WMDs so could you imagine Syria saying yeah he sent them here and guess what........ bye bye israel......

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Grady:

We can't relive history. The Americans who died, died in the cause of freedom. And they did it for a nation of strangers. There is not higher cause in all the universe. And those who are dying in Iraq are dying for the same cause.

You were IN the Vietnam War and you have this attitude? I've NEVER met a Vietnam vet who ever claimed

a) that the US won the war
b) that their buddies died "in the cause of freedom"

99% of all the accounts I've ever heard are packed with words like "senseless", "unneccessary", "tragic", and the like.

The men and women in Iraq are not dying in the cause of freedom, because Iraq is not free. Iraqis are telling the US to leave their country by protesting and sacrificing their lives to desperately strike back. Spare me your comicbook patriotism.

When the US was underfire and looking for the bad guys, Saddam thumbed his nose at the US and the world community. He got what he deserved. If he didn't have WMDs he should have played ball.

So if the US is looking for "bad guys" and a foreign leader dares to "thumb his nose" at you, then they get what they deserve when their country (which is so militarily weak that it doesn't have an Air Force) is summarily bombed into submission and invaded?

Intelearthling:

We've never ran away from nothing. We were pulled out of Vietnam.

Oh yeah, I remember. Pulled out by choppers, as your embassies were stormed. That's not running. It's like a canter or something.

HISTORY 101:

The Vietnam War was started for the stated purpose of "liberating South Vietnam from communism". At a price of 50,000 U.S. military men and women. It accomplished nothing. The Communists lost approximately 650,000 and 1,000,000 troops. Civilian deaths are estimated at around 4,000,000.

You didn't win squat. The famous helicopter evacuations in April of 1975 of Saigon�s remaining Americans took place ONE DAY before North Vietnamese forces took control of the city and renamed it Ho Chi Minh City. South Vietnam gave an unconditional surrender to the Communists, ending the Vietnam War.

So again, you and Grady are claiming something totally false when you talk about Vietnam. The USA lost. There's no dishonor in that, but there is in trying to pretend it went down a different way.

As to the thread, yeah, they should pull US troops out of Iraq. You should go to the UN and Bush should beg them on his hands and knees to forgive him for slamming their opinion, because now Iraq needs more multinational troops so that Americans can get out instead of getting senselessly killed every day. I mean, when an American kid, 22 years old, gets killed by a roadside bomb in Najaf, is that furthering the cause of Iraqi freedom? All these thousands of troops are not doing one bit to further the interests of security in Iraq because they're TARGETS, and they're a CLEAR enemy for angry people with a way and means to do violence. Get those targets out, and maybe some of these wackos will just kill each other instead of wiping out innocent Iraqis who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

jako

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Jakomo]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join