It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Has Lost Hundreds of Its Moon Rocks, New Report Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

NASA Has Lost Hundreds of Its Moon Rocks, New Report Says

www.space.com

NASA has been experiencing loss of astromaterials since lunar samples were first returned by Apollo missions," inspector general Paul K. Martin detailed in the report. "In addition to the Mount Cuba disk, NASA confirmed that 516 other loaned astromaterials have been lost or stolen between 1970 and June 2010, including 18 lunar samples reported lost by a researcher in 2010 and 218 lunar and meteorite samples stolen from a researcher at [NASA's Johnson Space Center] in 2002
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If you searched NASA here at ATS, you will find so many conspiracy theories involving this behemoth called National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I find it hard to believe after reading this article how NASA could be involved in suppressing information about alien life and threats of invasion etc etc.

NASA's curation habits and safe keeping of records is horrendous. How could they be collaborating with DARPA, Pentagon, CIA and NSA?

Anyway that is just my two cents

www.space.com

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Whatever you do, do not give them reason to believe you may be in possession of one of these rocks!

NASA wants grandma's moonrock

Thanks for sharing OP. I enjoy this type of news about the Moon and NASA

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Date: 09 December 2011 Time: 11:52 AM ET
In an audit released Thursday (Dec. 8)...

So remind me again, how old can a news item be and still be considered BREAKING news?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Its amazing what federal agents would do to retrieve these rocks when NASA doesnt really care about them

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Report non existent rock stolen=relieve burden of proof=false moon landing?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Conveniently gone missing/stolen, or incompetence from NASA? They supposedly lost the original moon landing footage reels too I heard. If one was to have an eye for a conspiracy to hide the truth, NASA would have to be in the top 5 organizations in the world accused of many.

If the moon landings were hoaxed and I was responsible to help keep that secret, I would conveniently "lose" the reels and moon rocks, so no conclusive evidence of guilt remains. I also wouldn't take the risk of a mission catastrophe on LIVE television moon landing either, but that's just me. If the astronauts would have died in space or on the surface of the moon, that would have been a huge blow to America back in those days.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just watch Apollo 18, it explains this whole mystery.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I guess i never looked at it that way. But I think NASA is just like any government agency, they are lax and do not really comprehend the gravity of what NASA stands for.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
So remind me again, how old can a news item be and still be considered BREAKING news?

I seem to recall its 5 day but since no one else posted it yet and its only a couple days old I see no problem. Not sure why you think its an issue

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Poor NASA .. they try so hard to prove to us they are still relevant and deserving of their massive budget. Yet at every turn they only serve to prove their total incompetence and lack of security. Over and over again. NASA is done, stick a fork in it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

If you searched NASA here at ATS, you will find so many conspiracy theories involving this behemoth called National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I find it hard to believe after reading this article how NASA could be involved in suppressing information about alien life and threats of invasion etc etc.

NASA's curation habits and safe keeping of records is horrendous. How could they be collaborating with DARPA, Pentagon, CIA and NSA?

Anyway that is just my two cents

www.space.com

Don't you realize that lies such as this article are designed to make you ask that very question?

"If they make all these mistakes, clearly they couldn't be capable of all of the rest."

Don't be fooled. The fact is, NASA has been caught red-handed (literally) with lies involving their research and travels.

I'm guessing these artifacts were most likely taken somewhere safe, merely ensuring that the public will never be privy to them. They will most likely never be found.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anybody watched Apollo 18?

Those moon rocks aren't moon rocks. They are aliens. And now they have gone into the wilderness. Time to panic.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That is what i thought as well. I am glad their budget has been trimmed. I feel bad for the many scientists who will be let go and hopefully they will get jobs at Lockheed

If NASA cannot keep track of exo-rocks, how can they keep track of their inventory of
1. Time travel equipment they loaned to some Universities
2. Spaceships
3. photos of aliens on Mars, Jupiter, Moon, Niburu
4. Records of their meetings with greys, Nordics etc etc
5. Records of what will happen 2012

I find it hard to believe NASA is competent enough to be in posession of such "classified" knowledge
edit on 11-12-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They just disappeared?
Just like that?

Something is not right here...
I smell a LIE!

edit on 11-12-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Maybe NASA is just incompetent

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Better check the eBay pages of all those former astronauts...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous

NASA had loaned the display, which contained three lunar soil and three moon rock samples, to the observatory in 1978...As a result of an administrative oversight and the lack of a system to adequately track renewal dates for long-term loans, the exhibits manager did not contact Mount Cuba regarding the loan until February 2010. At that time, it was learned that the employee responsible for safe-keeping the disk had died the previous year and that the observatory could not locate the sample. As of this week, the display disk had still not been found. According to news reports, observatory officials have said that the lunar samples were returned to NASA, though the space agency has no record of receiving them.

Not only were 11 of the 59 researchers unable to account for all the samples that NASA records indicated they had received – including missing 22 meteorites and two comet samples – but 12 recipients were discovered to have died, retired, or relocated without the agency being made aware...

Source

And then there is this scandal that was made public a few years ago

At least twice, astronauts were allowed to fly after flight surgeons and other astronauts warned they were so drunk they posed a flight-safety risk, an aviation weekly reported Thursday, citing a special panel studying astronaut health. The report on the panel's findings surfaced just hours after NASA separately said that a space program worker deliberately damaged a computer that is supposed to fly aboard shuttle Endeavour in less than two weeks, an alleged act of sabotage that was caught before the equipment was loaded onto the spaceship. The independent panel also found "heavy use of alcohol" before launch that was within the standard 12-hour "bottle-to-throttle" rule, according to Aviation Week & Space Technology, which reported the finding on its Web site.
Source 2

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Heh. Reminds me of the premise of the Apollo 18 movie.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I thought we didn't land on the Moon? ;-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join