It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1920's Vintage Mugshot Gallery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just found this awesome link with old mugshots. People back then were all well dressed and not one guy looks drunk or wasted. Sad that almost 100 years later our society has changed so much to the worse. Check them out:

thechive.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
lol

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think I need to stop buying this modern day rubbish and get myself some suits, those look better then any of the rubbish us youngsters wear today. I like how the type is set over image to, very artist shots for mugshots.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, I enjoyed looking at the these. some real tough looking old characters there

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

Number 18 and 27 look totally innocent to me

What a trip to peer into a window of the past like this, and how different things and people were. I always get a since of hardened joylessness from those era's.

Nice find,
spec

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
are those mugshots or GQ ads?? lol. Grasping lapels, props, great posing...even artful camera work. Its like even the criminal element had an untouchable cool back then.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
And heres's a few modern day mugs:
MISERABLE MUGS

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would have slept so much better at night in 1923, knowing that the person who slit my throat or raped my little sister was fit and well-dressed. Oh, the good, old days.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A CRIMINAL IS A CRIMINAL. IF NOTHING ELSE, IT SHOWS ONE WAY IN WHICH PEOPLE HAVE CHANGED OVER TIME.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I enjoy looking at historical photos. These photos were interesting...but they would have been more interesting...if there had been a brief history about each man...what they were arrested for....etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Notice there were no women in that...

Oh how indeed times have changed.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corbin Dalus

Oh man those get worse each page. By the time I got up to "Mr. Rooney" I was well and truly creeped out.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
thanks for the post OP I'd also like to add, their pants aren't hanging of their @ss!

top topics

join