It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On American Soil ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Love it how noone mentioned the small island just above France. Do people under estimate the british army? I may be a little biased but increase our armed forces to 500k and we'd give anyone a run for their money, our navy could cause major problems for the States, the RAF could atleast keep the USAF busy. The famous SAS/SBS go in and mark key targets for the RAF plus take out key political/military figures.

And lastly the rest of the army to give the sucker punch. But don't worry USA, we'll continue to lick you ass for now. Plus our inept PM won't increase the forces.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
WW3 on US soil?........ a few points.

1. Biggest Caldera in the World.

2. 1000+ years of Ice and Snow.

3. Bunkers (add edit:Bunkers WORLDWIDE) buried below miles of ice and snow make nice tombs.
edit on 12-12-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You are already under occupation in your own country by your government. You seriously think you have a democracy?

Im not saying were any better here in the UK and just look at the Euro stripping poweres from elected Governments without the vote of the people or any accountability.

When was the last time your Government did anything to make your life better and not simply those of big business including the arms companies? you mean absolutely nothing to them.

I think these questions should be answered first before a theoretical foreign power.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A scenario I see is America going isolated, withdrawing from the rest of the world. Our gov and msm controlling every last piece of information we have access to. We become paranoid and national/religious zeal is the order of the day.

Then the nations who were once our allies will step in as we collapse upon ourselves to clean up the mess. Some nations will take pity on us and try and guide us back to some semblance of a functioning nation. Others will never trust Americans again and always want to see us under the dominion of some other flag.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

will never happen this way , what will happen is what is happening now open border is all you need, and the time to sit and study where and when to strike , The CIA NAS DHS TSA FBI and local LEO's know what to look for so do we the people it has been drilled in to us see say call this or that number seems to work no real events, YET! How many? like they the GOV will say, when where or how, they will not tell although some have been just happenstance, SUV stuffed with explosives in NYC.

The ink cartage bombs, then there is the fools that do it for the look at me, the shoe, the underwear, these are the ones that do it for the 15 sec of fame are not of real concern, [Gives TSA reason to strip search, one more and it might be so]it is the ones that look at buildings, asking questions , the ones that come and go, no names that are the real threat.

Yes it is a 2 edge sword do you, don't you make a call?? Do you, don't spy on each other??? This is the War on the US soil get used to it for Miss USA is a Battlefield now, does this give you the right to hold one at gun point??? Lets see when S1867 HR 1540 become law.

edit on 12-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Attacking the US from either Canada or mexico would be suicidal, Attacking from the Sea would be futile as well. The only option that 'could' be effective would be an attack from a missile, or a number of missile's which would cause an immediate responce from The US. Those who have that knowledge, have it well in hand. The sad fact of the matter, is that barring terrorism, all major conflicts must be fought in a third world areana. The logistics of an invasion force is impractical with todays defences and warning systems. AS TO WHO spoke those words, I think it falls into a generic form, much as 'they said' and such. Multiple searches could contribute no such phrase to any one author, so that would seemingly allow you to claim it...
The USA is the last country with the means and money (which is quickly dwindeling) that could even afford such an action, and much of that would be financed with IOU's. Much of the population of the US believes that China has the resources to mount such a campaign, which just isn't so. Their surplus capitol is largely tied up in overseas investments, And this superiority monetarily will be a decade or so off in coming. So, I think it unlikely any large scale nationwide fighting will take place in the USA. Now a pandemic warfare would be a more likely scenario for effectivly warring against the US, But that is like being in the desert warring and poisoning the only watering hole that you both have...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A commander for the Japanese army during WWII said "Japan would never invade America... Because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass". Can't remember the name of the commander. But you can tell they knew that the population would rise up against any threat to there way of life...

Always enjoyed talking about all this. Being from Colorado and a huge fan of Red Dawn. Always wondered what it would be like... How it would go down. Would people raise up?

They worried about the russians crossing over through siberia during the cold war. In todays world I would think it would be china if anyone invaded. They have the biggest army in the world. I don't really see china invading... YET. They would be killing off the biggest customer of the cheap junk they produce.

It would have to be a multi stage invasion from land, sea, and air. They would have to hit us fast and hard to prevent the militia from orginizing. We have to many troops abroad and would have to use the armed population to do alot of the fighting. But history has proven time and time again a small group fighting for there freedom and there homeland can almost always bog down a larger stronger force. They never really win, but the larger force always backs down once they realize it's a fruitless effort. Veitnam being one example another would be the russians invading afghanistan during the cold war. Both sides lost alot but the bigger invading force was driven out eventually...

Sometimes I think this is what this country needs... The masses are to complacent, if it did happen the vast majority would just submit. We need to be reminded what our founding fathers fought and died for, and what this country stands for. NOT this laughing stock of the world crap we have been dealing with for years now.

A video game came out earlier this year called "Homefront" written by the same guy who did "Red Dawn". I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of RD. The game starts out with the Hilary Clinton talking to the press about north korea sinking that south korean destroyer. They blended world events and presented the worst case scinerio. Was interesting...

Last thing... GO WOLVERINE'S!!!
Ok going back to count how many dorks quoted Red Dawn like me.

link   
Check out the video game "homefront". North Korea invades San francisco
Cool story line. Cool graphics Just too short of a game

Be safe people

link   
reply to post by Azekual

again the subs have there own launch codes and keys in and on the subs if you cant kill the subs nuclear fire will scorch the earth hell alot of americans might be happy with washington gone with aproval ratings how they are............

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

I think every rural kid in America dreamed of being the heroes from Red Dawn. The place I grew up was exactly like the movie. Even the parents with general stores and hunting stores. The high school kids would have been more than prepared to hide in the woods and mount guerrilla warfare against invading troops.

I was dating a girl once, and her mother guessed what town I was from. She called it the "Webb City Superhero Complex."
Although she liked me a lot and approved of me dating her daughter, she just couldn't understand how me, and every boy like me, was ready and willing to take on the world and fully confident that we would win!

I mentioned in my post earlier. I have a great friend that came up through the ranks of the USSR military, and eventually the ranks of USSR government. While I was watching Red Dawn and hunting and fishing, he was forging relationships with Generals and Communist politicians. He says the USSR was supremely confident they could defeat our military in weeks or months. They were never dissuaded by our Nukes, and they did run invasion scenarios in their war-planning, but they knew they could never rule over the population here. They never gave any serious consideration to an invasion, because of folks like the kids in Red Dawn, and my hometown.

You invade a place for regime change, or to plunder resources, but neither of those rewards is great enough for the heavy loss an invading force would take, and it would be long-term extended losses. It isn't a good scenario for any invaders, so it won't ever happen.

The only way it happens is if we have internal strife, and invite foreign troops to help quell the unrest, and then other foreign troops show up to protect the rebels, and pretty soon you have a massive Civil War on your hands that becomes a World War.

There was talk a few years ago of Russian envoys meeting ex-patriates in S. America. There are threads on ATS. It had to do with the missing Governor and the supposed mistress that materialized after the fact. There were also reports that one of the Russian leaders visiting the US asked to speak to the "opposition." I can't remember all the details now, but suppose a rebel force in the US had support from Russia, and the US govt became fearful and had the support of NATO, and the SHTF? It could happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Its called nuclear weapons. Any massive troops on American soil would pose risk to massive retaliation (nuclear). They Attacking force also face retaliation of nuclear weapons to their own countries (pretty much wipe them off the face of the planet).

There are plenty of nuclear weapons to destroy all human life; many times over.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Consider this as you work through your ww3 scenarios. The population of every university in this country is 30%+ Chinese. These people are all the proper age for soldiers and in place now. Add some weapons and you have a million man Chinese army already here and spread out to ALL population centers. Just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by atomicn

Nukes destroy the resources you wish to plunder. They are counter-productive. Nukes destroy the population = no tax payers or laborers. Nukes destroy the fertile farmland = no benefit to owning the land, nothing for your people. Nukes destroy the natural wonder and beauty, they make industrialization impossible for decades, they make it extremely difficult to recover minerals, etc., etc.

It makes no sense to nuke an enemy unless it is a last resort to stop the enemy's aggression toward you. It isn't a pre-invasion strategy.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmeister182
Consider this as you work through your ww3 scenarios. The population of every university in this country is 30%+ Chinese. These people are all the proper age for soldiers and in place now. Add some weapons and you have a million man Chinese army already here and spread out to ALL population centers. Just food for thought.

Put a Chinese student up against a fully trained professional soldier....then come back to me and tell me who wins.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

They're skinny nerds. Generally speaking, they are not a threat to anything except the grading scale!

And they aren't 30% of the student population, they are 30% of the Math and Science departments. The entire Social Sciences and Arts are still made up of Americans.

We have a large Chinese student contingency here in our math and science departments, but I never see them at the gun shows, or the gun range, or the gym. They are just nose in the books.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can remember being younger and hearing the phrase "World War III will be fought on American soil." I simply don't remember who said it, in what context or even where I was at when I hear it.

As an American I'd like to think that the U.S. military could ward off an attack on our soil. Now I know that some are going to say what about September 11th, however, I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion about that.

I'm talking about a large scale military attack on the United States on our own soil.

Would it be like in the movie Red Dawn? How would it be done? I think obviously an air attack, but what about ground troops, through Mexico, through Canada?

The other thread on ATS about the number of U.S. troops deployed throughout the world also makes me pose the question of, do we have enough troops here at home to defend?

Thoughts and discussion ?

Thanks,
edit on 11-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

World Wars are created, maintained, funded and ended by Elitist/Imperial Governments. You don't prevent them . You are here for the ride ,nothing more.

If it does happen here , it definitely would be aloud to. The red dawn movie 100% bs. Any country arriving here would get the red carpet from us , just to be used as the boogie man later.

World Wars are all about "selling arms" and "loot". Welcome to earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Canada wouldn't allow an invasion through their territory but facing imminent threat, I believe they WOULD sign a treaty with Russia and China pre-emptively.

The Russians, and more recently the Germans, have admitted to having subs in and out of the Great Lakes.

First, they soften major cities with missile fire and invade adjacently after we engage the enemy on 2 fronts, one northeast and one west, you launch a second wave on the southeast via cuba and the Southwest via Mexico. Mexico would join in for a promise of Texas and Arizona.

The Canadian treaty would probably involve Alaska. China would secure the states of California, and probably Washington, with it's citizens intact to prevent WMD engagement by the U.S. My guess is that Russia would blast NYC to it's knees and probably Washington D.C. as well (with conventional weapons only) before launching ground initiatives.

I'm just saying, it is a very real scenario... God forbid...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Look no further than the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare franchise.

Exactly, think about how the US is currently stretched pretty thin. We do have battle ready troops on US soil, that might be able to make a stand, but it would be chaos.

I believe in the end we would prevail, but all it would take to make a serious invasion attempt is a couple quick maneuvers.

1) There could be small, elite trained groups living among us hiding in plain sight, waiting for a signal.

2) The Chinese could launch a massive hacking campaign and disrupt our satellite networks

3) Large scale EMP devices could be used in major cities, crippling our methods of travel and communications (unless living in a bunker) This would cause mass hysteria.

4) Chemical agents could be released in major cities, sending everyone into even more of a panic.

5) Then the large scale attack from all angles, small scale nuclear devices could be used, prior to ground forces moving in wearing gas masks and radiation suits.

You get the idea,,,,

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Something else that's very interesting - very subtle...and very sobering.

The US has been very cocky.... running unmanned drones all over the middle east with little or no resistence. That is until this week when Iran with the help of Russia or China or both brought one down - not with fire but with jamming technology. It wasn't one of those build it yourself model airplane drones that they (the US military)shows us either, it was state of the art stealth technology.

That means the Russians and the Chinese are more than prepared for us with equal levels of technology. All these UFOs that are being captured on film are almost certainly foreign surveillance drones of their own.

What scares you more - Aliens or the Russians / Chinese above your house.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join