learn more

On American Soil ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
A land war within the continental US would not go well for the invading armies.

The rest of the world has no idea how armed we (the citizens) are.
Texans especially.

Some of you would not believe the incredible amount of firepower the average Texan has.
We're ready.

the moral of the country is low. The majority of patriots that would fight back are over the age of 50.I am 50. I hit the gym I am very fit and strong heck I even jab test. As armed as I am and with great mil training as an Army 11b a well trained army would drive right through my area. Half of the populis would not know how to react the other half would say here you go cause I really dont care for the way Washington has been doing it.

be honest with me,,,only common sense is keeping people from running people over pulling into a gas station, at traffic lights, on the freeway just to name a few. Of those you have observed, how many would die for this Country

ADDED: are the people of Texas armed for say air to ground warfare.tank warfare If the OP scenario happens there wont be a Hollywood movie made that would save anything...cause war isnt a movie
edit on 11-12-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Guns are for morons. If someone wanted to attack they would poison the water supply. Other than NJ, who would hate the US that much?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Whoever thinks that a land invasion of the USA is impossible is a moron. It's not that far fetched really, with half the world that would most probably take up arms against the west. As i stated earlier, the enemy (whether it be China or Russia (Or both) can probably ship soldiers through the Pacific and land them in SA then proceed though Mexico. Alternatively, it is possible to come through Alaska/Canada
edit on 11-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
only way i could think of is,the element of surprise and saported by treason from the higher ups.they would need insiders saport.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... old video but im sure you could find more on youtube

people.missouristate.edu... also old numbers but with the estimated 700,000+ gangmembers that would problay be out of jobs or just pefer the american way to who evers invading might be a nice factor i wouldnt wanna try to invade detroit or compton or east la or south texas

en.wikipedia.org... wikipedia i know but still its estimated that there are atleast 90 guns per 100 Americans in the united states (just the registered legal ones) www.reuters.com...

and in regard to the emp question yeah im sure it would cause chaos for most of the civilians but i believe most military hardwear is sheilded against those kind of things let alone our ability to use our ICBMs would remain in tact and even more importantly en.wikipedia.org... as long as our subs live we can scorch the earth (madd sucks like that)

in regards to an invasion of canada they are up there pretty high with rank of air force and while not as populated at alot of countries of comparable size it is very mountainous and filled with large forests and generaly not the most hospitable place on earth for war.Also i think that would directly get the UK involved as well as austrailia and potentaly even eu not to mention nato

per the mexican invasion if its the chinese i see the mexicans resisting quite visciously as a deeply catholic nation would not want to come under control of an athiest world power even with the current tensions along the border i think they like status quoe compared to what options china would bring them(dont they kill drug dealers in china etc)so i dont see any definate allies or good invasion options north or south of the border let alone the logistics of getting them to the contient of north america

this is not to say that we are by any means invincible but i do belive we are in a good location in the world with decent neighbors comparatively a far better tactic would be to try to remove as many us allies before hand or start mutiple conflicts in mutiple theaters while running operations with their navys to restrict or prevent us naval support of there allies in the region (ie north korea attacks south korea while something goes on in the middle east with a chinese navy operating in the pac and or a russian force restricting access to the med or whatnot) hopefully we never have to figure out the real answer to this question but hey with the news being like its been lately ya never know

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not a chinese shot needed. Obama will sign over the national parks to secure chinese debt.So they keep buying our(the feds) "treasurey bonds".And believe himself a down right "savior" of the Republic!!. probably present himself an award or two.
he's already working on "free trade zones" ownedand controlled by the chinese.

February 14, 2011
Chinese Free Trade Zones in US

www.libertygunrights.com...

This is an urgent message from the Second Amendment Committee

January 23, 2011 3:24 PM Read this and spread the word! Subject: Foreign Trade Zones. This is unbelievable at first, but you will soon realize that there are several motives for the global communists to physically weave our United States territory together with communist China.

Read On! Here's what is going on!

Each and every one of our state governors has approved and allocated a certain amount of acres of their U.S. state land to be inhabited by Chinese communists --communists straight from China! They are to set up little towns and live here, supposedly for the purpose of producing Chinese products for sale in the U.S.A. The land the states are giving them for their little towns will be considered "foreign territory"!!! We are told that the laws of the state (in which these Chinese communists dwell) will apply to the communist Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ). Comment: If so, why are they allowed in here!??! Isn't the whole set up unlawful??? There are 257 of these little communist towns to be built all over the United States. Go to this website and see the list of the states, and how many FTZ's are to be erected in each and every state! Our nation is being peppered all over with these communist closed towns called "zones"! This insane brainstorm by Washington, D.C. officials was just recently discovered by alert citizens in the State of Idaho, where an FTZ is being built there, just south of Boise, Idaho, possibly 30,000 acres of Idaho is going to be used for that FTZ. Check this site quickly before it is removed:

more at:

grendelreport.posterous.com...

Dang you democrats I'm getting too old and stiff to to roll around in the mud and the blood
with a rifle!.

edit on 11-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by elevatedone

But when all is said and done...
I am not too worried.
It would be one hell of a fight.

edit on 11-12-2011 by havok because: spelling....don't ban me elevatedone....LOL

Since alot of us have enough guns and ammo to supply at least 10 other people

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

Yes it has held the title "Murder Capital of the World" a few times.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

So this is not a movie?
Thank you for clearing that up.
I almost thought that I was inside some alternate reality... where up was down and stupid was smart!

You may think that your 50 years on this planet guaruntees you some type of respect, and normally that's true. Then you opened your mouth.

I do not advocate war, especially if it might be in my own backyard. I just know that after 12 years in Texas, there are many here that are fully prepared for whatever might happen. No Movie, no plot line, just a bunch of bad-asses that take freedom and firearms very seriously.

There will be no ground war in Texas. It is Impossible.

I'm 43 by the way... maybe you could give me some advice on ED meds, is there a forum for that?

edit on 11-12-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
One word: Stuxnet

A virus which I believe was written by the US and Israeli nations. It had the unique ability to infect PLCC's, which are the interface between hardware and software in industrial equipment, long considered to be immune to a virus. It's purpose was to introduce a slight variation in speed of Iranian centrifuges, causing them to self-destruct from the resulting imbalances. It also deleted itself after the dirty deed was done.

Second word: Duqu

Also known as "Son of Stuxnet". It hasn't caused any damage per se so far, but it retrieves data on PLCC's, primarily the ones used in the control systems of nuclear power plants. No one has any idea on who wrote this one.

Here's the tie-in. Every piece of equipment known that uses data control in any way is using PLCC chips. The data drives the PLCC's, which then drive the machinery. That includes:
  • Electrical substations
  • Telephone switches
  • Cell towers
  • Most later-model diesel trucks
  • Electrical power plants (all kinds)
  • Trains
  • GPS-automated farm machinery
  • Industrial robots
  • Heating and air-conditioning equipment
  • Late-model cars
  • About a zillion things I can't think of right now

So after Duku has hacked through the needed information to afflict these PLCC chips and returned the data to its writers, it only makes sense that those writers will try and concoct a new generation of the Stuxnet virus that will affect PLCCs in other areas. One person could gain control over every mechanical device that uses a data stream for operation. No power, no machinery, no transportation... the entire country goes into a blackout... and that definitely includes all military equipment.

The USA would be a sitting duck. EMPs not required.

The only problem is that it wouldn't be a war on American soil. It would be a slaughter on American soil. No one would even know to fight back, or who they were fighting. We'd be deaf, dumb, and blind.

Think about that. Sleep tight tonight.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
oh the americans, always so arrogant
, never say never, and never understimate your enemies.
we're the country that picked a fight with ourselves. Remember the Civil War. But seriously.........

America is a collection of self reliant, free willed freedom lovers who settled here from the four corners of this earth. Mess with our freedoms, our turf, our family and loved one and yes, we will bristle.
At least I will.
But I'd rather get to know you as a friend. Your choice

Gee I guess that came across a litte arrogant did'nt it
edit on 12-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: ah..... Welll............you know...........

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Figure by sheer numbers if an invasion was the route taken, it would only come long after the nuclear war starts and we are already weakened and in survival mode.

An invasion can be an internal act as well as other you know.

It is a scary thought and one which we will face one day, the scale of the invasion would be interesting when you consider all of the able bodied people that can be recruited, 7 billion people against 300 million or so...

It would come in waves I am certain. Air, land and sea.
edit on 12-12-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Here is how I think it would be done...

China would use anti satellite weaponry to take out our satellites...therefore taking out americas nuclear response. Do they have this technology? I am not 100% sure, but I'm willing to bet they are working on it.

Hackers ruin our infrastructure and causes havoc in our nuclear reactors, jails, hospitals, water and sewage facilities, etc.

Chinese submarines destroy our submarines with ease - apparently some surfaced during some war games and we had no idea they were there or where they went when they went back under water. Assuming they have been trying to track our submarines until their anti satellite weaponry was perfected, they could be on the ball..

China ravages the west coast with bio and chemical weapons. American cannot respond with nuclear weapons.

As the bio and chemical weapons decimate the west coast, china starts to move troops in the west coast in huge numbers. How? I couldnt give you a legit answer on that one....but lets not be stupid here. If China had the means to do the above effeciently, assuming american air power and naval power were taken out effectively, I really doubt that moving 500,000 chinese troops across the pacific would stop they. They would figure out a way.

Colonise the west coast.

And Chinas repo wing has gotten rid of the US debt to China.

This is just a scenario I've made in my head....I'm sure there are more knowledgable people who would tell me why or why not some aspects of this would work. But This is what I came up with

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't think the US military is in any condition to repel a ground based attack of any size against mainland America at this point, we have our resources spread across two different fronts in the middle east and dozens of bases elsewhere around the world.

Honestly the recipe is simple, the execution however would have to be nearly perfect and have the blessing of Lady Luck and Murphy to boot.

Getting a ground force in place is not hard, the real trick is to protect the rear front so that you can continue to bring in supplies, troops and equipment. Its completely possible to land several thousand troops via cargo ships in a very short time frame, but if they can't get reinforcements in fast enough they will be whittled down by attrition before establishing a necessary foothold. So here is how I would play things out if I were say a joint Chinese/Russian aggressor planning on rolling into mainland America to finish the job.

First and foremost a targeted electronic attack would be the pre-cursor to ground work. Knock out the power and water to cities up and down the west coast with major shipping ports. While the systems are being hammered down strike with conventional explosives against large scale public targets such as sporting events and conventions, go for maximum panic over actual body count.

With panic in the streets in full swing its time to bring the cargo ships waiting to dock in to port to disgorge soldiers in massive numbers. At this point its a rush to push back law enforcement and whatever military can be mustered. The key here is to push fast enough and far enough into major population centers like LA that you can't be attacked with anything but small arms, it puts the military off its game and makes the air force completely useless other than command and control functions.

As the above two items are going on its important to move your navy in right behind you to engage USN ships in the Pacific and hopefully move at least one or two carriers close enough to land in order to being strikes against bases with the goal of damaging runways to prevent the air force from mounting any kind of counter-attack.

If and only if both of these actions can be carried out successfully could you obtain the hold necessary to stand any chance at larger success, the trick is to keep lines open so that you can keep the influx of troops steady as even if you can beat the military there are still some 300+ million citizens that pose a serious risk to the operation. Most of the citizenry while armed generally lacks the necessary skill set to pose more than a nuisance risk to a properly trained fighting force. The risk comes from former military personnel who understand the importance of attacking the shaft of the spear as opposed to the point, they are the ones who will seek to kill your commanding officers and cripple your fighting forces.

Lets assume for a second that all of the actions posited previously have been successful, now what? Naturally there will be resistance pockets that crop up, the solution to these is to confiscate all food, water and items related to the procurement of these to starve the population. During this time it would be wise to commandeer any heavy armor such as M1 Abrams tanks for the mid-west campaign. The open plains of the mid-west can be a make-it-or-break-it point for the campaign as they are sparse in population so the air force can generally engage targets at will; this is why its important to any ground invasion's success to bring aircraft online in-country as soon as humanly possible to deal with this threat. Tanks would be another thorn to excise in the mid-west, if you have air-craft as previously stated its possible to fight back against tanks in the flat country, otherwise your assault is going to grind to a halt.

All along the way the invading force would need to destroy or confiscate as much food as possible while leaving water distribution crippled at best to weaken the population. If they are delirious from starvation and dehydration they pose far less of a threat than a well fed and watered populace. This will lessen the issues with resistance while also impacting the defenders military as they couldn't rely on locals for sustenance thus making their supply lines even more vulnerable to attack and giving you an advantage against them.

Once the front has moved across the country and back into the dense population centers of the east coast its going to be a long protracted fight as people will have had time to dig in and stock up what they can, however if you can control the mid-west you can generally wait out the east as long as you maintain a stranglehold on the production of oil from the texas oil fields.

This is of course purely theoretical, and would require a great deal of preparation and planning in order to pull off, but considering how lax we have become as a nation I wouldn't say its impossible by a long stretch anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
Only a fool will think that the USA can be conquered by a land invasion . The only way to defeat USA is : economic collapse .
well, you can call me a fool - an economic collapse would be first, of course, and it would the perfect time to attack -

i believe their are many foreign military operations already positioned in america -

“At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth in their military chest; with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.”
Abraham Lincoln - January 27, 1838

we already have singapore military aiming at idaho air space - www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's just one -

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Anti-American sentiment is at an all time high across the globe.

Your leaders are psychopaths. Hillary Clinton proved that when she made jokes and laughed while watching the horrific Gaddafi snuff clip. By contrast Putin said that he was disgusted at the TV coverage. I agree. But in the US this is what the public seems to bay for. Murder is what brings the country together. Gives the president a bump in the polls. Murder has bi-partisan support. You guys kill Bin Laden and there are scenes of Americans chanting USA USA USA! Back slaps all round. Its disturbing.

So when you are attacked its going to be easy for the rest of the world to look the other way.

I think the US will be attacked and humiliated in the middle east. Russia backed by China will come to the defense of a Syria or Iran. They will make it seem that America are the evil Imperialists that have destroyed the world. It will be easy because its true. That is how history will remember the United States. As an evil Imperial Empire that ruled the globe for a brief period through domination and subordination.

China and Russia will not attack you on US soil. They will cut you off and starve you out. You will be forced into striking first with a WMD. You will look like the bad guys. China and Russia know history will judge and will want to make it easier to write. They will emerge from their bunkers and finish you off.

WW3 will not be on US soil. There will be no need to invade. When China and Russia comes you will welcome them because they will bring aid.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
america is NOT un beatable

put another large scale terrrorist/demolition like 9/11 and the whole world will be too busy to be looking at the boarders for ships etc coming to land and with your country in panic and distress it would be easy pickings.
and as someone stated yes american citizens have guns but i seen the type of shootings on tv there messy and hardly a kill shot, also most the guns are black market which has more chance of blowing your own fingers off, plus the enemey ( i predict russia china iran and pakistan would attack on u.s soil simontainelsy ) has a much better aim think about it a top marksman against a gangbanger or hillbilly

out come would be messy people in the u.s are way too high and mighty

quick side note: i used to love america and dream of going there when i was a young kid but now i see the corruption the murder etc and just the way of living has made me slowly grow up realising it ranks in some of the worst places i would like to see.
edit on 12-12-2011 by OnceGreatBritain because: side edit

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceGreatBritain

Text put another large scale terrrorist/demolition like 9/11 and the whole world will be too busy to be looking at the boarders for ships etc coming to land and with your country in panic and distress it would be easy pickings.

I agree,especially with that. I predict a series of specific targets hit by 'terrorist' mercenaries' aimed at destabilizing/crippling the US government. They will be media and infrastructure. Why would Russia or China invade when they can employ terror. It would be easier and cheaper. I predict China will seize the day when Europe is well and truly in chaos (soon ).

They will kick the US and NATO out of the Middle East. They will cut the US off and watch it implode. Inflation will skyrocket. Terror will be employed for proxy attacks. The United States will descend into chaos. They wont be able to feed their soldiers let alone the people.

And like I said,the world will turn its head. The US doesnt have any friends,they are the bully that thinks they have friends. China and Russia will emerge as a duel superpower. They will decide on a new Reserve Currency that is to their favour and America will be used as a colony for China to expand into.

When the Chinese and Russian Armies come to bring aid the American people will welcome them just like the Germans and Japanese welcomed the 'allies' after WW2.
edit on 12-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
Anti-American sentiment is at an all time high across the globe.

Your leaders are psychopaths. Hillary Clinton proved that when she made jokes and laughed while watching the horrific Gaddafi snuff clip. By contrast Putin said that he was disgusted at the TV coverage. I agree. But in the US this is what the public seems to bay for. Murder is what brings the country together. Gives the president a bump in the polls. Murder has bi-partisan support. You guys kill Bin Laden and there are scenes of Americans chanting USA USA USA! Back slaps all round. Its disturbing.

So when you are attacked its going to be easy for the rest of the world to look the other way.

I think the US will be attacked and humiliated in the middle east. Russia backed by China will come to the defense of a Syria or Iran. They will make it seem that America are the evil Imperialists that have destroyed the world. It will be easy because its true. That is how history will remember the United States. As an evil Imperial Empire that ruled the globe for a brief period through domination and subordination.

China and Russia will not attack you on US soil. They will cut you off and starve you out. You will be forced into striking first with a WMD. You will look like the bad guys. China and Russia know history will judge and will want to make it easier to write. They will emerge from their bunkers and finish you off.

WW3 will not be on US soil. There will be no need to invade. When China and Russia comes you will welcome them because they will bring aid.

@theovermensch, for the most part I agree with you.

IMO, WW3 started decades ago and the US/Western foreign policy/military planners are at least a decade ahead of any of us strategically and tactically. Witness their almost faultless dispatch of Libya's independence as well as that of Iraq and Afghanistan (to name just the sensational ones.) Marvel at the fact that they've enslaved most of Europe without firing a shot; purely through economic terrorism.

The USA is winning WW3 because they are defeating every independent nation one nation at a time (or several at once.) No country is being allowed to get anywhere near powerful enough to actually be a threat to our superiority. The countries that cannot be coerced into being friendly are instead kept disrupted politically, economically or militarily.

The UK, France and Germany appear to be "friendly" nations but I suspect that friendship is more a survival strategy than heartfelt. Too much independent thought by any of these countries often ends in "accidents" or unexpected crises. A good example is the 1986 bombing of Libya by American forces where the French Embassy in Tripoli was bombed as well as several embassies which were hit in Benghazi. The French had denied US warplanes overflight permission but of course their embassy being hit in a suburb of Tripoli could only have been coincidental.

Angela Merkel spoke out against the (then) proposed Libyan no-fly zone and then comes close to death in a helicopter mishap. No doubt coincidence but the number of coincidences is a bit worrying.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The USA cannot be successfully invaded by foreign troops because it's surrounded by the biggest Oceans on two sides. Canada and Mexico cannot be used to amass a land army in secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join