On American Soil ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by elevatedone

Ok then I will say again IMO it is an impossibility. Heres a quote from a japanese admiral as to why:

Quote:"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Great Quote!
This is EXACTLY correct!

PS - There is a b*tt load of grass here!
PPS - We also have Chuck Norris!
edit on 11-12-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

I dont think this is very plausible. NO troop squad would dar enter the strongest millitary country in the world on foot or in a calvary. They would be taken out instantly with any attack from the air. THE only way it would be possible to amass the needed amount of troops would be through mexico, and im sure the US has intel and spying drones at all corners of the planet. This is nothing more than a fear mongering thread IMHO. Its just not possible!

Yes. It is not only possible but very plausible. Multiple Reserve bases have been tactically reequipped from F-16's to A-10 tank busters. I have even heard of retro tube kits for some of our fighters in case of EMP exposure.They would have limited capabilities, but they would still kick some ass.
Davis–Monthan was the first base to acquire these, Eglin as well, is massively prepared.
To name a few:
· 23d Wing: Moody Air Force Base, Georgia
o 74th Fighter Squadron
o 75th Fighter Squadron
· 51st Fighter Wing: Osan Air Base, South Korea
o 25th Fighter Squadron
· 52d Fighter Wing: Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
o 81st Fighter Squadron
· 53d Wing: Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
o 422d Test and Evaluation Squadron (Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada)
· 57th Wing: Nellis AFB, Nevada
o 66th Weapons Squadron
· 355th Wing: Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona
o 354th Fighter Squadron
o 357th Fighter Squadron
o 358th Fighter Squadron

Air National Guard
· 127th Wing at Selfridge ANGB, Michigan (Transitioned from F-16s to A-10s due to BRAC 2005)
o 107th Fighter Squadron
· 122nd Fighter Wing (formerly 358th Fighter Group): Fort Wayne Indiana
· 124th Fighter Wing: Boise Air Terminal, Idaho
o 190th Fighter Squadron
· 175th Wing: Warfield ANGB, Martin State Airport, Maryland
o 104th Fighter Squadron
· 188th Fighter Wing: Fort Smith, Arkansas (Transitioned from F-16s to A-10s due to BRAC 2005)
Air Force Reserve Command
· 442d Fighter Wing: Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri
o 76th Fighter Squadron (Geographically Separated Unit (GSU) at Moody AFB, Georgia)
o 303d Fighter Squadron
o 45th Fighter Squadron (GSU at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona)
· 917th Fighter Group: Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana (GSU of 442FW)
o 47th Fighter Squadron

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Got to hand it to you Americans!

You new what you were doing when declaring the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Got to hand it to you Americans!

You new what you were doing when declaring the 2nd Amendment.

Actually the 2nd is an out for the government trying to take over the populous. Maybe the 2nd should also be used for the media manipulation. Oops, that infringes on the 1st.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can remember being younger and hearing the phrase "World War III will be fought on American soil." I simply don't remember who said it, in what context or even where I was at when I hear it.

As an American I'd like to think that the U.S. military could ward off an attack on our soil. Now I know that some are going to say what about September 11th, however, I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion about that.

I'm talking about a large scale military attack on the United States on our own soil.

Would it be like in the movie Red Dawn? How would it be done? I think obviously an air attack, but what about ground troops, through Mexico, through Canada?

The other thread on ATS about the number of U.S. troops deployed throughout the world also makes me pose the question of, do we have enough troops here at home to defend?

Thoughts and discussion ?

Thanks,
edit on 11-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

Ground troops? Air strikes?

Any large scale "military attack" on the US would be with ICBMs and SLBMs. No amount of ground troops would matter. There is no real defense against thousands of incoming warheads, or even smaller singular ones that are only in the air for short periods of time. Its why the US is hell bent on stopping "nuclear proliferation", because like most any bully, it wouldnt dare attack a nation that could actually fight back and give it one hell of a bloody nose, or even knock it out.

More nuclear nations = less nations to overtly shove around and get away with it.

The US possessing thousands themselves is the only real deterrent against an attack against it.
edit on 12/11/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I HATE THREADS LIKE THIS:

Because folks arent thinking. Actually it was said during the cold war that WWIII would be fought on the plains of Europe NOT HERE!!!! Thats why the big powers invested so heavily into heavy armor and tanks.

Okay, now on to today. How would ANY country get their troops to the US? (they cant). Who has the logistical capability to do so? (nobody does currently).

Now lets play the "what if" game. Okay so say Russia or China HAD 15 aircraft carriers and tons of C-130 transport plane (equivalents obviously) so that they could ferry armor and planes over here.

EVEN THEN how would they do so without being picked off in the ocean like ducks on a pond? You see the US (and North America for that matter) is set-up in a location with thousands of miles of water on either side where Europe and Asia and the Middle East are connected by land mass. It is a truly unique situation indeed. And no, Ruyssian troops wont come across the Bering Strait into Alaska LMAO.

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can remember being younger and hearing the phrase "World War III will be fought on American soil." I simply don't remember who said it, in what context or even where I was at when I hear it.

As an American I'd like to think that the U.S. military could ward off an attack on our soil. Now I know that some are going to say what about September 11th, however, I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion about that.

I'm talking about a large scale military attack on the United States on our own soil.

Would it be like in the movie Red Dawn? How would it be done? I think obviously an air attack, but what about ground troops, through Mexico, through Canada?

The other thread on ATS about the number of U.S. troops deployed throughout the world also makes me pose the question of, do we have enough troops here at home to defend?

Thoughts and discussion ?

Thanks,
edit on 11-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
Only a fool will think that the USA can be conquered by a land invasion . The only way to defeat USA is : economic collapse .

I disagree. Granted economic collapse would be a step, or at least economic weakening. If you planned it right you could easily defeat America by land invasion. A nuke launched into the atmosphere from American soil (difficult but not impossible), other nukes on submarines outside American waters and laying silent, and a small army of paratroopers launched do secure multiple LZ's for an invading army on both coasts could cripple America into a state weak enough to be conquered by a ground invasion with good air support.
The first missile would create an EMP that would wipe out the military's ability to see what was happening long enough to nuke every major city and deploy paratroopers to secure LZ's.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I guess we citizens better get the big guns out and ready to shoot the big, fast metal birds out of the sky.

Down here in the south we practice a lot shooting small birds and always try for an eyeball shot or somewhere else around the head and neck.

If the weather is hot we sometimes get out the pond chairs and rest our feet in the edge of the water and shoot little clay birds out of the sky.
These systems for launching the clay targets are easily made and mounted to the back of a pick up truck and can be set to go off with enough time between shots to take a shot from a jar of whisky.

The works best with two players with jar and remote control in between 2 pond chairs.
You know it's time to go home when you poke yourself in the eye with the remote control and all the contents of the jar are gone.

Since it is imposible to drive the pick up home if you can't focus just wait as Uncle Roy and his two boys will join the fun when they look for you from the air in their plane kept in one of the barns.
And yes all Georgia rednecks are required to be able to take off, shoot a deer from the air and land close enough to retreive the deer and get back to the barn.

After you are located they might just get a couple of army surplus tanks and see who can get to you first and take you and your truck home.

All you need for a well fitted army is money and willing men and women and we sure have both in the South.
Those carpet baggers still keep bring us all their money.

No need to worry........we have it under control.
Now shut the front door.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And said EMP would cause the US to launch its second strike capability so AGAIN, who is coming here to play??? LOLOL.

Originally posted by Azekual

Only a fool will think that the USA can be conquered by a land invasion . The only way to defeat USA is : economic collapse .

I disagree. Granted economic collapse would be a step, or at least economic weakening. If you planned it right you could easily defeat America by land invasion. A nuke launched into the atmosphere from American soil (difficult but not impossible), other nukes on submarines outside American waters and laying silent, and a small army of paratroopers launched do secure multiple LZ's for an invading army on both coasts could cripple America into a state weak enough to be conquered by a ground invasion with good air support.
The first missile would create an EMP that would wipe out the military's ability to see what was happening long enough to nuke every major city and deploy paratroopers to secure LZ's.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I live in the south too, care to share the Big Boom Machines?

Even though the south would have an advantage, the advantage wouldn't make us unbeatable. While the south knows how to take care of its own and know the forests surrounding their home by heart, the south has one big vulnerability: the trees the would offer you cover and slow down an invasion (mountains do too but planes negate that) are flammable. All it takes is several airstrikes of napalm and saturation bombing in the middle of July or August to start a fire that no fire department anywhere could handle. The forests would burn to the ground and given how quicky fire can burn its way up a mountain, no where in the south would be safe.
The only safe havens, the small towns, would be easily located by an invading army.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We are too smart, and too gangsta. Their armies would have one heck of a time getting through Gary, IN. I remember as a kid if we ever had to drive through Gary we would lock the doors (still do) drive slowly through red lights, etc. You got Cali, crazy people in the sticks, they better not send ground troops. I know how to crete an electric fence from a computer monitor, just so you know.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
We are too smart, and too gangsta. Their armies would have one heck of a time getting through Gary, IN. I remember as a kid if we ever had to drive through Gary we would lock the doors (still do) drive slowly through red lights, etc. You got Cali, crazy people in the sticks, they better not send ground troops. I know how to crete an electric fence from a computer monitor, just so you know.

Is there anything of strategic importance in or around Gary?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
oh the americans, always so arrogant
, never say never, and never understimate your enemies.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Federally possible. Then the individual states, each with their own militias, economies, constitutions, etc. would be top dogs and they would band together without DC for common defence and commerce.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

2 words: "Electricity Grid"

Imagine the US with no electircal power?
Gas pumps,
Refrigerators,
Water/Sewage pumps & processing,
etc, etc,

How long before America eats itself?
The Military could not handle the citizens demands for food water

That alone would be enough without setting foot on ground.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The first part of the attack would be an EMP, or some type of cyber attack. For a cyber attack, I would think the enemy would cut all communication across long distances, so there is no chain of command (more of less, this would leave our units isolated and out of contact with everyone else across the country).

Then the enemy will use some type of false intelligence, such as giving false orders , and throw the military into confusion. Ex- Send a message that says location X is being attacked, and request units to be sent there. While at the same time, the enemy launches an attack on location Y. Or, they send a false report that the enemy is at location A, and should attack that area, while the actual units there are ours. While our military is in counfusion, the enemy will take out key locations, ex - bridges, power plants, ect...

I doubt there would be enemy ground forces in the beginning. Most of the initial attacks would be by airstrikes, or long range missiles. I dont see how an opposing force would be able to get their navy off of our coasts, since our navy is very large and very technologically advanced than most others. The only way I could see a sea-invasion is by using subs, filled with the opposing forces equivalent of our SEALS, but that seems highly unlikely to me. So I would have to guess that if there is a ground invasion, it would have to come through our southern borders. I doubt the enemy will stay around and try to secure every area they move in to, but would rather make a bee-line straight to DC. (If they stick around, they have to deal with every citizen that has guns...which is pretty much everyone in the southern states) I find this unlikley, but they may also go for a few other major cities, such as LA or NY, because of the moral factor in losing our major cities.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Mean while, Australia will get arse raped by China

Damn, i'm not looking forward to any future conflict. But if one does occur and if the enemy decides to attack your country. I reckon, it would be a pretty big Naval battle (Iranian ships in international waters, off the coast of US), Possibly a big air attack. But, if they go through land, they'd have to come through Canada, considering it is easiest, if not, transport soldiers to South America and come through Mexico.

PS: Geeze some of you Americans are arrogant and/or ignorant of what could really happen regarding a potential land invasion.
edit on 11-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I do not think it could be done efficiently. They would get shot down before they even got hear, the boats would be blasted with missiles. Unless the Goverment wants the invasion to happen.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
I do not think it could be done efficiently. They would get shot down before they even got hear, the boats would be blasted with missiles. Unless the Goverment wants the invasion to happen.

Other forces may not be allowed in US Waters, however are allowed in international waters, still pretty close. Meaning, that yeah, the US can pick off the enemy ships but come on, theres only so long a country can defend itself. Besides, if its anything like a world war, it would be insane

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Chuck Norris....omg....great.
Us Texans don't even need the guns actually...forgot about Chuck...guess I'll go pawn my weapons for beer money tomorrow.

Seriously, an invading ground force into the US of A? Not a chance...not if the gun/bible toting part of the country that Obama so railed against gets involved. Now the EMP attack? That is a hell of a scary scenario, long term disaster if properly carried out.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join