It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria arms missiles with chemical warheads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The Assad regime can't be that stupid, then again, maybe they are.

The Russians really want the west to get involved here, and to make sure they stay involved for a very long, very costly time.

Can the west possibly ignore an atrocity inflicted upon humanity with chemical weapons?

Stay tuned!

Turkey has plenty of DU munitions. If they use them on Syria they may get gassed. Also if NATO forces start dropping Willie Pete, cluster bombs, or DU, Turkey could get gassed. Why not? Fight fire with fire...............

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

What exactly do you think DU is?

Hint: It's not what you just associated it with.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Vitchilo

I certainly hope not.

Assad can't be that stupid as to not expect that the Israelis would not respond with a nuclear strike.

Yeah well maybe he think that the US will not let them do it. Or that doing that would unleash a holy war against Israel... who knows... crazy people drunk on power don't think straight, especially when they are about to lose it all. See : Hitler during his last days in the bunker.

Even if he gives the order, I hope generals overthrow that SOB...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What exactly do you think DU is?

Hint: It's not what you just associated it with.

Depleted uranium. The gift that keeps on giving. ------------------

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

If he gives that order I hope that the people running the military would be intelligent enough to realize what kind of hellish storm Assad would be releasing in the entirety of the ME.

Assad has a lot of loyal followers in his government and in the military.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh good. You know it's depleted uranium.

But like most people on ATS I'll bet you believe all the myths surrounding the usage of DU.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Assad has a lot of loyal followers in his government and in the military.

Yep unfortunately. And with what they have done so far, I doubt they will back down when it's time to kill some ``jews``.

And the difference between DU and chemical weapons...

DU : stays in the environment for MILLIONS of years. Killing at a slow pace with cancer, child birth defect, etc...
Chemical weapons : stays in the environment for minutes/hours killing fast whoever it touches.

DU is seen as ``alright`` but really, it's just as bad, if not worse than chemical weapons because of the long term effects. Chemical weapons have a stronger effect on psyche of people.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

DU is a heavy metal which the body treats like lead(mostly passing through). only in very large concentrations is DU dangerous.

Secondly DU is not radioactive enough to do what the myth perpetrators on ATS says it does.

DU is use primarily as an anti-armor munition. To do the kinds of things people says it does it would have to be used in all engagements every single time for extended periods of time.

It is also used as a coloring agent in orange plates(as in ones you eat from). Green glass is colored with DU. Airplane counter weights and flywheels are made of DU.

DU is used a lot in every day life outside of military applications and has been for a very long time.

So tell me, where's the DU round in 5.56?
edit on 11-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh good. You know it's depleted uranium.

But like most people on ATS I'll bet you believe all the myths surrounding the usage of DU.

Not me! It's safe as mother's milk, that's what I have been told.-----------------

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Cute.

DU is very unsafe when it goes through your tank at high velocity.

Inhaling atomized DU can be dangerous, and it's effects are essentially the same as any other heavy metal poisoning. Also, we can deal with it.

But what is claimed to be caused by DU is simply a myth.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And if they are crazy enough to launch them against Israel, they will probably be nuked since chemical weapons like that are WMDs and Israel's only WMD are nukes. You hit us with WMDs, we hit back with WMDs, it's fair game.

Report: Syria arms missiles with chemical warheads

The Syrian regime, which has endured nine months of civil unrest spurred by the Arab Spring as it swept across the Middle East, has armed its medium-range missile arsenal with chemical warheads.

According to a report published by the Sabah daily Sunday, Damascus armed 600 one-ton chemical warheads to use in the event of a foreign military intervention. Furthermore, President Bashar al-Assad ordered the deployment of 21 missile launchers along its border with Turkey. Syria’s medium-range missiles that can be equipped with chemical warheads have a range of up to 1,300 kilometers and would include the southern and central provinces of Turkey.

Additionally, Russia, which stood by the Assad regime’s defiance of international pressure on Damascus, sent 3 million gas masks to the troubled country. Most of those masks will be distributed to the regime’s loyalists, the families of soldiers and Baath supporters. The distribution of the masks is set to be completed by the end of December, according to the daily.

The source is meh, but I think it's probably very close to the truth. The Assads will do everything to not fall, including using everything they've got, even if it means getting nuked back.

Yeah thats consistent with the atypical Zionist Israeli thought process. Throw a rock at me, i'll throw a car at you. Throw a car at me, i'll throw a sky scraper at you. Fire a bottle rocket at me, i'll drop a nuke on you. Oh how it loves to escalate.

Why do people even need to kill eachother again? Oh right, land,money,sex yadayadayada. The sandbox is big enough for everyone, like literally.

The reason everyone wants WoMD is for a deterrence factor. Like if you obliterate my people, i am going to obliterate yours before i die. That whole eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth crap really needs to dispear because its been dead and stinking for thousands of years. Forgiveness is the way, and share and share alike.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If this report is true... this might be why...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Why can't these dictators just go quietly. What makes them think they have the right to rule a whole nations by force, especially when the overwhelming majority don't want them in power. This is scarry stuff, I can see that the human race is in the biggest danger it has been since the cuban misssile crisis.

Why can't the drunken bum called the USA keep itself from interferring in other country's affairs more like,

America is falling apart, having been diseased by a parasitic leech called Zionism! and will kill anybody, fight anybody rather than look after its own!

Barack Obama - Barry Soetero ! who ever that man really is, is the dictator who just set into law the right to arrest/imprison innocent sovereigns of the USA indefinately without charge,

Come on, "WAKE UP, Buddy"

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Israel's only WMD are nukes.

I wouldn't say that. Look up the Institute for Biological Research.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I havent seen any credible news about the US and Jordan deploying troops. Besides havent folks on here been talking about an imminent no fly zone over Syria for months now??

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I havent seen any credible news about the US and Jordan deploying troops. Besides havent folks on here been talking about an imminent no fly zone over Syria for months now??

Yeah keep waiting for CNN to cover it... anyways.

European Parliament to convene tomorrow to discuss imposing a no-fly zone on Syria

Might go forward, might not.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

stop being so critical serb, none of us fully believes western or eastern media.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

the military is alawite and christians at the top and they know that muslim brotherhood and Al qaeda will unleash genocide on their communities if they fall .They won't care and maximum probability an attack on Syria will start a world war.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wrong thread... sorry.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join