It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trees before the World was Made.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

i'm not too sure, however, it tells a tale that just perplexes the mind.

It is speculated that the Earth's atmospheric environment was a more oxygen rich environment, which enabled animals and insects to grow to such amazing sizes. However, it would be a Carbon Dioxide rich environment that would have had to prevail for trees of this astonishing magnitude to exist. I'd speculate that those trees as revealed by the geology they're found in in South Dakota grew to heights in the thousands of feet, and most likely existed before any land based, oxygen breathing animal life became prevalent.

It's said that some catastrophic event killed and buried these giants, which probably prevailed in enriching Earth's environment with more oxygen than was available back then... perhaps a comet hit, which inserted more H2O onto the planet surface, and injected more oxygen into the atmosphere via the evaporative properties from the explosion.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

We can start by outlawing any use of wild, not farmed, Timber for construction. We don't need it with the technology that we have today. People who really want it can pay high prices for farmed timber. We should be using synthetic wood much like is used today for decking.

I have seen many bristlecone pines while backpacking in The Yosemite Highcountry. They are beautiful, mysterious and they seem to leave an impression on you. You can tell just by studying them that they have endured brutal stages of their environment through the ages. ~SheopleNation

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I love this thread! Thank you for posting this, Diamond!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
I love this thread! Thank you for posting this, Diamond!
Thank you ottobot,I hope for you the best ,you know,to win.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

TextSpectacular fossil forests have been found in the coal mines of Illinois by a US-UK team of researchers. The group reported one discovery last year, but has since identified a further five examples. The ancient vegetation - now turned to rock - is visible in the ceilings of mines covering thousands of hectares. These were among the first forests to evolve on the planet, Dr Howard Falcon-Lang told the British Association Science Festival in Liverpool. "These are the largest fossil forests found anywhere in the world at any point in geological time," he told reporters. "It is quite extraordinary to find a fossil landscape preserved over such a vast area; and we are talking about an area the size of (the British city of) Bristol." The forests grew just a few million years apart some 300 million years ago; and are now stacked one on top of another.
source(news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
how many more ancient trees there would be if there were less parking lots, skyscrapers or roads & railways

trees are in another timeline... a timeline which transcends humanity
i am no Earth Firster but i have listened to Trees and spoke without words with them

and being the practical engineer type... i have 6 more trees to remove that are leaning towards the house
and they are getting the ax in February, i hope they are sleeping or at least slumbering in this winter quartile
edit on 5-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

how many more ancient trees there would be if there were less parking lots, skyscrapers or roads & railways
We have destroyed the forests , the lungs of the planet ,that is very sad ,and we ask our self why no rains and why so dry and warm.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I hate watching them cut a bunch of hardwood forest down and seeing the lumber company put a bunch of pine trees in their place. It's more than about the air we breath, losing the diversification of the woods screws it up for the animals. I can't think of too many animals that just eat pine cones instead of things like hickory nuts or acorns. And those type of trees take a lot longer to grow than a pine.It's almost as if the lumber companies just put something in there that grows moderately fast to cover up the scars they left behind.

And yes, I plant lots of trees.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

I hate watching them cut a bunch of hardwood forest down and seeing the lumber company put a bunch of pine trees in their place
At least if they do that controlled and in a certain order,using a plan to maintain the forests alive.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join