It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich = Censorship (proof: youtube)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was checking our some videos of the presidential debate on youtube.

I noticed one thing that actually caught me off guard, but does not surprise me one bit.

It seems that a lot of personal videos made by people showing anything negative about Newt Gingrich is removed from youtube for violation of terms.

Now I can understand a few people going overboard and causing a video to be removed, but this is far more than a few.

Look it up yourself

Type in Newt Gingrich, then filter it by date.

Try to open the videos posted by individuals that would show something negative about Mr Grinch, I mean Gingrich.

Note: I haven't looked through every post, but all of them that I did look at, that could show a persons negative opinion of him, seems to have been removed.

edit on 11-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I am not be surprised if YouTube is already starting to censor videos which criticise the Mainstream establishment.

As ironic as it may sound, YOUTUBE IS DEAD. Corporations now tell us what is most popular. NOT US

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by tw0330

I am not be surprised if YouTube is already starting to censor videos which criticise the Mainstream establishment.

As ironic as it may sound, YOUTUBE IS DEAD. Corporations now tell us what is most popular. NOT US

I just saw that right after I posted this.

Corporations are taking over the internet in various ways, and it is becoming harder and harder for "the little guy" to compete.

Great post

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
here you go , i found one

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Another prefect example of this is the Rick Perry "Strong" video, any video replies that incorporate Perry's video are taken down. A video surfaced of Parry's campaign employees Clint Cox and Christine/Chris Warren using Facebook's and Youtube's "report" feature to remove negative videos of their client. This was posted already to ATS.

I suppose this is done by every campaign now, since any videos that feature their candidate technically infringe on that person's 'likeness'.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
here you go , i found one

Thank God for these types of videos, or no one would really know the truth.

What I am referring to is personal opinions that voice negative concerns about Newt being president.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Wow, so? freedom of press is limited to corporate media?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think negative comments get removed sometimes. I'm not absolutely certain, because I do get tired of searching after going through sometimes 30-40 pages, but there have been a few instances where I believe a comment I've made at youtube has been removed.

Today, while viewing Ron Paul on Meet the Press, at the beginning of the video, it says Newt has 44% and 42% in Florida and South Carolina, respectively. Yeah, right! I left a comment that I didn't buy into that poll, especially since it recently came out that 92% of Newt's Twitter followers are fake. In addition, I said I couldn't understand why any American would vote for Newt. He advocates for Toffler (Third Wave - book), who calls for the death of our Constitution. FWIW, I cannot find my comment now, after spending quite awhile there looking for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
heck, the videos are now completely deleted

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I've seen a lot - enough.

I'm kinda scared to be honest.

I am at the point where I am starting to wonder just how deep the rabbit hole DOES go.
How much effort is really going into guiding mass psychology and are even our elections even actually anything of substance?

My husband was upset - he said they were talking on CNN this morning - Christine Amanapor - about Iowa and how it didn't matter really how Ron Paul was doing - that in Iowa they only liked to let the 60+ crowd into the caucus.
I didn't see it - but it had him alarmed, and he stays away from the conspiracy stuff, he only watches mainstream news.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
well well!!! It turns out that "participatory democracy" is a variant of "anticipatory democracy" of which this Toffler model speaks. In other words, OWS and Newt agree

Deliberative, anticipatory and bioregional approaches can all be considered variants of participatory democracy with different thresholds of ease of participation, burden of proof, concern for non-human life or future generations, and reflection of participants' tolerances versus preferences or ideals of truth. Sometimes a deliberative model is described as more "left" and an anticipatory model as more "right". Those who wish to avoid this debate and see merits to both approaches, e.g. Greens, usually prefer the generic term "participatory democracy". This term has become fundamental to green politics itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

sometimes you just get what you ask for

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
By the way, that wiki link described the Information Awareness Office as part of the anticipatory democracy of which participatory democracy is part.

The Information Awareness Office (IAO) was established by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in January 2002 to bring together several DARPA projects focused on applying surveillance and information technology to track and monitor terrorists and other asymmetric threats to national security, by achieving Total Information Awareness (TIA).
This would be achieved by creating enormous computer databases to gather and store the personal information of everyone in the United States, including personal e-mails, social networks, credit card records, phone calls, medical records, and numerous other sources, without any requirement for a search warrant.[1] This information would then be analyzed to look for suspicious activities, connections between individuals, and "threats".[2] Additionally, the program included funding for biometric surveillance technologies that could identify and track individuals using surveillance cameras, and other methods.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thought I would add something,

This kind of thing is about to get millions of times worse.

Stop Online Piracy Act

Freedom of Expression and Speech is not dead yet, but just one or two steps away.

Time to get active people!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by tw0330

Yeah, thats why YouTube themselves just posted a new video today with Anon masks all up in it.

YouTube is not always the one which selects videos to take down, often they are given "take down" notices by the media companies which own the raw footage and audio some people put in their videos. The videos that get taken down for infringement are a reflection of the types of videos the media companies go after, not YT staff.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I am Not Blaming Google, Yahoo, or Youtube for this one, as they are not responsible and only doing what they legally have to do.

All Both Google and Yahoo are major Corporations that make their money off of other web content and websites and the freedom those websites have.

Allowing other companies, media corps, certain persons, and government entities to control EVERYTHING that a person posts online, will cause problems for companies that rely on an "open" web content for success.

new topics

top topics

join