It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Exists 2.0

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i think that, bluntly, the jewish vote is a larger catch for a presidential candidate than a palestinian vote in america..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Another good book to read is “When And How the Jewish People Was Invented” is a very serious study written by Professor Shlomo Sand, an Israeli historian. It is the most serious study of Jewish nationalism and by far, the most courageous elaboration on the Jewish historical narrative.

In his book, Sand manages to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the Jewish people never existed as a 'nation-race', they never shared a common origin. Instead they are a colourful mix of groups that at various stages in history adopted the Jewish religion.

Accordingly, the ‘Jewish people’ is a ‘made up’ notion consisting of a fictional and imaginary past with very little to back it up forensically, historically or textually. Furthermore, Sand - who elaborated on early sources of antiquity - comes to the conclusion that Jewish exile is also a myth, and that the present-day Palestinians are far more likely to be the descendants of the ancient Semitic people in Judea/Canaan than the current predominantly Khazarian-origin Ashkenazi crowd to which he himself admittedly belongs.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I think you got it almost right, it's more to do with the money than votes after all jews are only 2% of the population.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I haven't lived in the U.S. for a while now but from what I recall a lot of the Christian voters support the candidate that openly supports Israeli interests. I'm not saying all Christians do this, but a large portion of them do.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Only because the Muslims wrote a book 600 years later and they claim the Middle East theirs does not prove it was sent by god, who says Mecca is holy who says Israel is holy to only the Muslims.

Once everyone is at level base, no god exists, one will show up to catch everyone out.

Jesus or the Messiah will only come back at Zion when the time is right, right now other forces will stop this and if that force can send a billion people to hell it will carry on doing so to spite the name of the Lord.

Either Christians and Jews will be damned or the Muslims, 50/50 here which one will become saints for their beliefs which one will become judged by God.

UPDATE:

Jesus will descend at the point of a white arcade, east of Damascus, dressed in yellow robes – his head anointed. He will then join the Mahdi in his war against the Antichrist. Jesus, considered as a Muslim, will abide by the Islamic teachings. Eventually, Jesus will slay the Antichrist, and then everyone from the People of the Book (ahl al-kitāb, referring to Jews and Christians) will believe in him. Thus, there will be one community, that of Islam.
Text

God of the Bible predicts Damascus will be destroyed either by him or by some other force.

"An oracle concerning Damascus: 'See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins. The cities of Aroer* will be deserted..." (Isaiah 17:1-2 NIV)5
Text

Funny how both texts are so sperate and fits like a pattern for one another.
edit on 12-12-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From what the Land History tells you The Arab Palestinians were encourage to leave by the Arab World itself.

On May 14, 1948 the "Palestinian Jews" finally declared their own State of Israel and became "Israelis." On the next day, seven neighboring Arab armies... Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Yemen... invaded Israel. Most of the Arabs living within the boundaries of the newly declared "ISRAEL" were encouraged to leave by the invading Arab armies to facilitate the slaughter of the Jews and were promised to be given all Jewish property after the victorious Arab armies won the war.

70% of the Arab Palestinians who left in 1948 – perhaps 300,000 to 400,000 of them – never saw an Israeli soldier! They did not flee because they feared Jewish thugs, but because of a rational and reasonable calculus: the Jews will be exterminated; we will get out of the way while that messy and dangerous business goes forward, and we will return afterwards to reclaim our homes, and to inherit those nice Jewish properties as well. They guessed wrong; and the Arab Palestinians are still tortured by the residual shame of their flight. Their shame is so great because in their eyes running from Jews was like running from women.

Those Arabs who did not flee became today's Israeli-Arab citizens. Those who fled became the seeds of the first wave of "Palestinian Arab refugees.

Read the Haj by Leon Uris it depicts quite vividly that period of time It is quite a book especially for those interested in the dynamic of Israel /Palestine conflict.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

70% of the Arab Palestinians who left in 1948 – perhaps 300,000 to 400,000 of them – never saw an Israeli soldier!

I don't claim Wiki to be a beacon of truth, but they're more credible than some book off of Amazon.com.

During the 1947-1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab–Israeli War that followed, around 750,000 Palestinians fled or were expelled from their homes. In 1951, the UN Conciliation Commission for Palestine estimated that the number of Palestinian refugees displaced from Israel was 711,000.[49] This number did not include displaced Palestinians inside Israeli-held territory. The list of villages depopulated during the Arab-Israeli conflict includes more than 400 Arab villages. It also includes about ten Jewish villages and neighbourhoods.

Wiki

Are you sure that less than 30% of the expelled Palestinians actually saw troops?
edit on 12-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Listen guys, this argument is so old, so try and refute the following:

Yes, there were people living in the now land of Israel before 1917-48.
And yes, they can trace there origins back to the Canaanites as Namaste1001 said.

But your missing the point. The point is there was NEVER a nation or state called Palestine.

Palestine was only the name of the land in the area giving by the Romans, derived from the original inhabitants known as Philistines! It would be the same as saying I'm from the Rocky Mountains in American. The Rocky Mountains is not a nation or state, its an area with a name.

Now here is the big one. When Israel became a Nation in 1948, they DID NOT kick out the people living in Palestine! They accepted them into the new nation!!! The ones that refused because of being hatefully raised as a Muslim are now the terrorist known as Hamas, Fata, etc that live in disputed lands that really belong to Israel according the the UN/Nato agreement in 1948.

Now, try and refute this.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

OMG Are you serious? The book the Haj by Leon Uris does not state those numbers. It has nothing to do with numbers or percentages.

My post prior to the book has nothing taken out of the book.

I was trying to make a point that they were told to leave by the Arab nations that was the point of the post. Forget about the numbers.Numbers are never extremely correct especially that UN was involved in some of the statistics.

This is the problem with ATS Members they just try to pick and choose what is inconvenient for them or does not ring with their ideas at the moment. Read more talk to people who lived there both sides and you will get a different picture of that in the history books or wiky .

edit on 12-12-2011 by lisa2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Arafat who in 1970, with candid simplicity, told the reporter Arianna Palazzi: "The question of borders doesn't interest us... From the Arab standpoint, we mustn't talk about borders. Palestine is nothing but a drop in an enormous ocean. Our nation is the Arabic nation that stretches from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea and beyond it..... The P.L.O. is fighting Israel in the name of Pan-Arabism. What you call "Jordan" is nothing more than Palestine."

Thank you for proving my point of how little these "leaders" cared about their own, with words such as "drop in an enormous ocean" - meaning their lives also mean very little.

I don't think their thoughts were factual, as in, accordance with reality. You have been shown proof that Palestine existed well before these "leaders".

When you copy and paste these texts, do you not wonder in what context you should read them?

In 1974, the late Syrian President, Hafez al-Assad, declared: "It would be fitting for us to mention to the responsible Israeli authorities that we view Palestine not just as an inseparable part of the Arab nation, but as a part of Southern Syria."

"The Arab nation"...which Arab nation? Or are those thoughts reflective on an aggressive foreign policy by those that think/speak them?

In 1987, he reiterated himself at a conference in Amman, "A country named 'Palestine' has never existed." Jordanian King Hussein responded, "The appearance of the national Palestinian persona serves as a response to Israel's claim that Palestine is Jewish."

"serves as a response"

So it was a political approach by foreign kings to claim that a country never existed. While it is CLEAR to see on maps that Palestine is, once again, older than the person claiming it does not exist.

You are re-using your argument as you have still not responded to the first question.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Well Lisa, I can admit when I'm wrong, and will do so if I'm proven wrong. I have presented some numbers that contradict yours so perhaps we need to research this and see which one of us has the wrong information. Can you disprove my source? I'm not going to jump the gun and say that your source is incorrect because I have not yet had the chance to verify either source, have you?

You seem very confident that your source is correct and mine is wrong. Would you mind sharing how you came to this realization?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Yeah and guess what? HITLERS DEAD!
So stop pooping your pants. There will always be people who want to kill other people, jewish, muslim, christian, taoist, even rasta's. There will always be someone who wishes to kill people, and those who will be the victims. BUT, to say, "I support them in everything they do," means your not even listening, or paying attention anymore, you have made up your mind, based on what WHAT? a quote from when hitler was around?

I don't think in this day and age you can truly trust ANY government, hence why we have websites like this.

You can't use someone elses hate, or 'age old' conversations, as a justification to turn a blind eye to injustice.

It is your same mentality, similar to the germans. Hitler blamed the Jews for something, and said they deserved persecution, essentially, he said they did them wrong, and after that a good portion of the German community picked up the mentality.

"I support the Nazi regime in everything they do."

Or at least thats what I'm seeing here.

And no I don't hate moses, or Abraham, or Noah and his big boat. I just don't think the stories about them are worth that silly peice of land and all that conflict that came with it.

Let the haters, hate.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Going back a mere 150 years and finding a map doesn't count for much. If you went back that far and found a map of Louisiana you could find maps claiming it the land of Spain or France, although the name would be the same. It means nothing as to who the original occupants were, nor the rightful owner. Please continue to read if you would like to educate yourself on the naming of Palestine, along with many other names of "countries" or regions of the same area.

The Name Rome Gave the Land of Israel

by Elliott A Green

focusonjerusalem.com...

The name "Palestine" flies around a great deal nowadays in the press and political discussion. Syria too is much in the news. Yet neither Palestine nor Syria is an indigenous name for the country either is nowadays supposed to represent. These were originally names given by outsiders, sailors and merchants coming from the west, to loosely defined regions along the eastern Mediterranean coast and their hinterlands. Syria was the more inclusive term of the two and indeed, as used by early Greeks and by later Greeks and Romans, it included the notion of Palestine, as we see from Herodotos, who wrote of "Palestinian Syria" (using the word as an adjective, not a noun). Hence for him it was merely a section of Syria.

Typically the name "Syria" for classical writers loosely referred to a large region at the eastern end of the Mediterranean. It included the Syria of today, plus Israel, Lebanon, the settled western part of Jordan, and much of southeastern Turkey. Syria was mainly a broad geographic term for the Greeks. It was not seen as the land of one nation or people. Syria was distinct from Assyria, although for some classical writers, Syria included Assyria and Babylonia far to the east.

Yet the indigenous peoples of this region did not see one country but several lands with separate names. The natives called the coastal strip of Lebanon and Syria Canaan (the Greeks called it Phoenicia); inland Syria was called Aram; Israel (on both sides of the Jordan) was divided into two kingdoms, Israel and Judah. Also in place were the smaller states of Ammon, Moab, and Edom, northeast, east, and south of the Dead Sea. Pleshet in the Hebrew Bible (Philistia) occupied the coastal strip south of Jaffa. The Bible gives us Canaan, Israel, Aram, and other names, in addition to yet others in various ancient sources, Egyptian, Greek, etc.

However, since "Palestine" has come down to the modern West through Rome (and to the modern Arabs through the West), the circumstances of its adoption as a Roman official name need to be considered. On the same grounds, the Roman name for the Land of Israel when Rome had its closest contact with the Jews and their land seems most significant for political discussion today.

edit on 12/12/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: clipped quoted content. added source link

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

...You do realize, you have accessed the internet right...?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You are right that they didn't see any solders but they did see a lot of jewish terrorist gangs going around driving people out of there villages and homes. the stuff your talking about is the usual jewish history massage eg manipulation of actual historical events to make them more favourable to jewish interests but fortunately some of the leaders of the terrorist gangs liked to talk a lot and write memoirs, thus there is plenty of evidence of there brutal driving out of the indigenous inhabitants straight from the horses mouth, a nicer bunch of psychopaths you could ever hope to miss. It's nice to see that the present leaders are following in there footsteps and holding tight to there psycho tendencies. I think it's something to do with the inbreeding that's produced so many pathologically sociopathic psychopaths.

Sociopathy is chiefly characterized by something wrong with the person's conscience. They either don't have one, it's full of holes like Swiss cheese, or they are somehow able to completely neutralize or negate any sense of conscience or future time perspective. Sociopaths only care about fulfilling their own needs and desires - selfishness and egocentricity to the extreme. Everything and everybody else is mentally twisted around in their minds as objects to be used in fulfilling their own needs and desires. They often believe they are doing something good for society, or at least nothing that bad.

Psychopathy is a concept subject to much debate, but is usually defined as a constellation of affective, interpersonal, and behavioral characteristics including egocentricity; impulsivity; irresponsibility; shallow emotions; lack of empathy, guilt, or remorse; pathological lying; manipulativeness; and the persistent violation of social norms and expectations (Cleckley 1976; Hare 1993). The crimes of psychopaths are usually stone-cold, remorseless killings for no apparent reason. They cold-bloodedly take what they want and do as they please without the slightest sense of guilt or regret. In many ways, they are natural-born intraspecies predators who satisfy their lust for power and control by charm, manipulation, intimidation, and violence.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No one is saying Palestine does not exist.The truth is the exetremist muslims,not all muslims,have so much hatred and anti-semitism towards jews that have done everything to destroy them.
Judae is now called The West Bank.Why is their no common sense used with the radical branch of muslims who tell you striaght out from their own mouth they want to totaly wipe out all jews and infidels.Literaly 100,s of millions of muslims who would destroy and exterminate all jews.Arabs are so mixed up with hatred some of them are from jewish history but are brainwashed so much they don't even realize it.How gullible does the world have to be again to put up with this nonsense about mass murdering jews.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

We're dabbling off topic now, but how many Jews have been murdered compared to Muslims since the end of WW2. I'm sure the numbers speak for themselves. You're making it sound like the death of Muslims is tolerable compared to a Jew.

I personally think all humans hold equal value regardless of race or religion, do you feel the same way?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If muslims are gonna continue to make threats like Hitler did with jews.What the hell else can you do in the real reailty world to stop them form doing it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It all sounds good when you talk about it.Pratical reailty is the arab world is so messed up they would exterminate jews if Israel would ever collapse.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
If muslims are gonna continue to make threats like Hitler did with jews.What the hell else can you do in the real reailty world to stop them form doing it.

Evidence indicates that Israel treats Palestinians similar to how the Nazis treated the Jews in many aspects. Here is something that may interest you.

In reality it's the Israeli Jews acting like hitler, not the Palestinian Muslims. I think it's disgusting that the ancestors of the victims of WW2 have become the modern day Nazis.

How do you feel about this undeniable observation?
edit on 12-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join